Edited by Alma, Maria, kingsourav, Dougie and 10 others
Questions and Answers
Block number and SMS in Nokia Lumia 520?
I have Nokia Lumia 520, so there is no feature to block the number and SMS, so what can I do?
In order to block phone calls and SMS messages you need to have the Call+SMS Filter App installed on your Nokia Lumia 520. If you haven't used this app previously, follow these steps to install it:
- 1On your start screen, open the Windows phone Marketplace.
- 3Once you find the app, click on it.
- 4On the app page click on the 'Install' button.
- 5Wait for the installation process to complete.
- 6Now you have installed the Call+SMS Filter App on your Windows phone.
To block calls from any of your contacts, follow these steps:
- 1On the Start screen, tap on 'Phone.
- 2Go to the 'Call History'.
- 3Tap and hold on any number that you want to block.
- 4In the drop-down menu, click on the 'Block Number' option.
- 5Tap on the 'Agree' button.Now you should see a popup asking if you are sure you want to block this number.
- 6Now the blocked number will not be able to call you anymore.
To block SMS messages using the Call+SMS Filter App, follow these steps:
- 1On your Start screen, go to 'Messaging'.
- 2Tap and hold the SMS or text message that you want to block.
- 3From the menu, select the 'Block Number' option.
- 4A popup window will appear and ask you for confirmation to proceed.
- 5Once you've confirmed, the blocked number can't send you any more text messages.
If you have additional questions, let us know in the Q&A section.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: I am not able to download videos and photos or send photos through WhatsApp on Nokia Lumia 520
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: annasonia, Jacob, dineshk