Edited by Calob Horton, Dougie, Eng
Questions and Answers
Hi, how can I install WhatsApp on an HTC phone?
The easiest way to install WhatsApp on your HTC Windows Phone is to open the Windows Phone Store application and search for WhatsApp; from there, you can install the application.
However, if your phone is not on a WiFi or mobile data network, you won't be able to connect to the Windows Phone Store to directly download WhatsApp. You will need to go through a process known as Sideloading, as its name implies, is when you skip past the Windows Phone Store and install an application from another source. To sideload, your device must have an SD card. If it doesn't, you won't be able to sideload the WhatsApp application. Provided that your device does have an SD card, follow the steps below:
- Turn your HTC Windows Phone off and remove its SD card.
- Plug your SD card into your computer.
- Click this link to download the WhatsApp .xap file.
- Transfer the .xap file to your SD card.
- Put the SD card back into your HTC Windows Phone and turn it on.
- Open the Windows Phone Store application and tap the More button, which looks like three dots.
- Tap Install local apps.
- Select WhatsApp and tap Install.
WhatsApp will now be side loaded onto your HTC Windows Phone.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: How to download WhatsApp for Window Phone 7.5
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Dougie, Calob Horton