Herbal Methods to Boost Fertility in Men
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, JMA, Eng, Lynn and 1 other
Excited for a baby but haven't managed to produce one yet? Have you and your wife been trying, but you're having a difficult time conceiving? Fatherhood is one of the most important milestones in a man's life. Whether you just got married or if you've been married for a while, and you're excited to start a family, anticipating the moment when you see the face of your first baby, it can be frustrating and disappointing when things aren't happening. While this is easy for some couples, others have trouble conceiving because of male infertility. If you've both been checked by your doctor and found you have fertility problems, or you'd simply like to boost your fertility, we can help you by providing suggestions for natural methods to improve your fertility.
- 1 Causes of Infertility in Men
- 2 Herbs That Boost Fertility
- 3 Recipes for Fertility
- 4 Tips
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
Causes of Infertility in Men
There are many reasons a man is infertile, from where he carries his phone, to illnesses genetically inherited. Below are some of the causes of infertility in men.
Low Sperm Count
Most infertility cases are related to problems with a man's sperm. A Low Sperm Count is when the amount of sperm cells contained within the semen a man ejaculates, is below normal. When it's enough below normal, it makes conception difficult, or nearly impossible. This is the leading cause of infertility in men. Here is the list of the most common causes.
- 1EMF/Electromagnetic Frequency.This culprit is when men habitually keep their mobile phones in their pant's pocket. When the testicles (where sperm cells are stored) are exposed to cell phone radiation, it produces poor quality sperm cells that move slowly. Unhealthy and slow sperm cells have a hard time clinging to an egg cell, which lowers the possibility of pregnancy.Advertisement
- 6Obesity.Sperm cells are unable to move normally, preventing them from fertilizing an egg. Obese men also have an increase in temperature of their scrotum resulting in a drop in sperm count.
Emotional anxiety can causes a couple to lose hope of pregnancy, which reduces the frequency of sexual intercourse due to loss of libido. The stress might also increase men's tendency to smoke and drink, exasperating the situation. This may create a cycle of stress and worry and doing things to lower your sperm count further �" an end, or at lest a delay in the hoped for pregnancy.
Some genetic disorders cause infertility in men. Here are some of them.
- 1Cystic Fibrosis.This genetic disease blocks the vas deferens (the tube that connects the testes to the ejaculatory duct) of a man, preventing the sperm cells from getting to their destination during ejaculation.
- 2Hemochromatosis.This disease causes the build-up of iron in the hypothalamus, which affects the production of the hormones that regulate the reproduction of sperm cells and testosterone in men.
- 3Noonan Syndrome.Men who have Noonan syndrome, have un-descended testicles. This means that one or both of their testicles haven't dropped into the right place, and if this isn't corrected, it will cause infertility.
- 4Myotonic Dystrophy.This condition is inherited and results in underdeveloped testicles that produce abnormal sperm production.
Environmental toxins also affect a man's fertility level. Here are some examples.
Herbs That Boost Fertility
While science offers solutions for infertility for both men and women, natural ways are always available to help boost your fertility and make conceiving easier for couples having trouble. These are natural herbs you may want to consider.
- 1American Ginseng.It supports adrenal health, responsible for balancing our hormones. It enhances the libido, increases stamina and treats erectile dysfunction. It is also known for its ability to help men deal with fatigue that can cause stress, which may result in decreased sexual intercourse with his spouse.Advertisement
- 3Fo-ti.It is also rich in zinc, which helps develop healthy and more sperm cells. A lack of zinc can result in poor quality sperm cells that are unable to fertilize egg cells.
Recipes for Fertility
Here are some yummy recipes that you can enjoy while maximizing the benefits of the herbs that boost fertility.
Ginseng Goji Berry Tea
This is not only designed to boost your fertility but also to keep your body healthy and toxic free.
- Start with the green tea. Put the dried green tea in the teapot and pour hot water over it. Cover it and move on to the next step.
- Get the water and put it in the pot. Boil the water and drop the chrysanthemum flowers in it. Let it boil for five minutes.
- Get the American ginseng and place it in a cup. Strain the "tea" in the pot and pour ½ cup over the ginseng. Now fill the cup with the green tea.
- Finally, add the dried longan and Goji Berries into it. You can add some rock sugar or honey in it to sweeten it. You tea is now ready.
Maca Powder Smoothie
- 1WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 Bananas, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. of Lucuma powder
- 3 Tbsp. of Hemp Seed
- 2 Tbsp. of Maca powder
- 1 ½ Cups of Vanilla Rice milk
- 2 Cups of ice
- 2 Tbsp. of Sugar/Honey (optional)
- A Blender
- Put all the ingredients in the blender. Start with the ice followed by the bananas, lucuma powder, hemp seeds and maca powder. Finally, pour in the vanilla rice milk.
- Start blending. Blend all the ingredients for 15-20 seconds or longer if needed.
- Ready to serve. Pour your smoothie into a glass and it's now ready to serve.
- 1WHAT YOU NEED
- A medium bowl of White Mushrooms
- A clove of Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stalks. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into pan and place all the mushrooms in the pan on low heat.
- Slice the stalks one by one, until the stalks are minced into small bits.
- Chop the parsley. To make it easier, roll the parsley and hold it together before chopping it.
- Turn the mushrooms over. Sauté the mushrooms for one more minute and take them off of the heat.
- Place the mushrooms on a plate, face-up. Set that aside.
- Put the same pan on the heat. We will use the remaining oil in the pan. Start sautéing the garlic, followed by the stalks and the parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Remove it from heat after one minute.
- Using a spoon, put some of the mixture on top of each mushroom. Make sure the mixture is equally divided among every mushroom.
- Put the pan back on the heat. Add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil. Place the mushrooms in the pan on low heat and let them sit for a minute before removing them from the pan. Place them on a plate and serve.
- 1WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 Bunches of torn Arugula
- 2 Ripe Pears, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp. of Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp. of Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. of Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Pomegranate Seeds from one pomegranate
- 1/3 Cup of roasted Pecan, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 Cup of Grated Cheese
Fresh Tomato Soup
- 1WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4 Large Tomatoes
- 4 Cups of Tomato Juice
- 14 Leaves of Fresh Basil
- 1 Cup of Whipping Cream
- 1 Stick of Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- A Medium Bowl of Ice
- Put some water in the bowl that contains the ice and set it aside. Boil 6 cups of water before proceeding to the next step. Make a cut in the bottom of every tomato to allow its skin to break.
- Drop the tomatoes into the boiling water and them it boil until the skin opens.
- Transfer the tomatoes to the ice water and leave them for five minutes, or until they're chilled.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut them in half. Remove the seeds and chop them into small pieces.
- In a large pot on medium heat, put the tomatoes and the tomato juice and bring it to a boil. After 5 minutes, lower the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and put the basil leaves on top of the tomato soup. Using a hand blender, puree the basil leaves and chopped tomatoes.
- Pour the whipping cream to the mixture, followed by the butter. Keep stirring the soup until the butter is completely melted. Return the soup to the heat and season it with salt and pepper. You do not have to bring it to a boil, just make sure it's hot enough to serve.
- Remove from heat and serve. You might want to put a sprig of basil in each bowl. Enjoy!
- A pregnancy can only be successful with the cooperation of both husband and wife. Apart from medical and herbal treatment, communication is very important.
Questions and Answers
Will I be fertile if I have Varicocele?
Infertility, varicocele how can I deal with that? I have tried: Nothing. How can you help me please? I think it was caused by: I think smoke or carrying heavy things
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Herbal Medicines
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, JMA