Help Relieve Constipation by Choosing Food
Edited by Eng, Anonymous
Introduction in progress
- 1Hot coffee or tea early in the morning.Morning is the best time for bowel movement, right before you start your activities for the day. If you are finding it difficult to do it in the morning, having a cup of hot coffee or tea will stimulate your tummy. After a few minutes, you can already feel the urge and it will feel easier to move.Advertisement
- 2Green leafy vegetables.These are very rich in fiber. Therefore, if you incorporate these into your diet on a regular basis, you are sure not to have problems later on with bowel movement. Keep in mind, however, that you need to condition yourself in order to see the effects. If you only indulge in fiber very occasionally, you will not necessarily see the immediate effects. You have to built a habit in order for it to be more effective.Advertisement
- 3Lots of water.If you are stocking up on fiber in your diet, make sure that you also drink lots of water. If you keep on eating fiber but you don't keep yourself hydrated, that can actually lead to more constipation. This is mainly because it does have enough fluid to help in the movement. Make sure that you are able to consume at least 8 glasses of water everyday. This does not include the colored beverages that you take such as coffee, tea, juice, and the like. 8 glasses have to be pure water. Also, eating foods that are rich in water is good such as cucumber, watermelon, tomatoes, and the like.
- 4Fiber supplements.If you have a busy lifestyle and you find it difficult to actually think carefully of your diet to ensure that you are taking enough fiber, you may just opt for those fiber supplements which you can buy in the supermarket. You can easily just add a teaspoon of that into your drinks or meals and you will not notice that you are already consuming enough dietary fiber. However, you have to keep in mind that you need to drink as much water as possible when you are taking these fiber supplements. You will get more constipated if you are not having enough water in your body.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.