Help Investigation Team with CCTV Cameras and IR Illuminators
Edited by Alex Smith, Christine dela Cruz, Alma, Eng and 2 others
The crime rate is increasing day by day. Hence it is very important to install a security camera in each and every house or street. By installing an camera we are helping our investigation team to investigate the cases within a short span of time. This will also reduce the crime rate.
- 1Install a CCTV CameraAdvertisement
- 2Install an IR illuminatorAdvertisement
- 3In Case crime takes place the CCTV camera will detect the suspect with the help of IR illuminator during night time .The IR illuminator will give you a clear picture during the night.
- 4When we as a citizen installs both, the CCTV camera and the IR illuminators .We will be able to detect the suspect easily.
- 5Now this will help the investigation team to detect the suspect and within a short period of time the cops go catch hold the criminals.
Sources and Citations
Benefits of Installing CCTV Cameras and IR Illuminators in Your Home
- 1You have full security 24/7.You cannot stay in your home all the time. There will be times that no one is at home at all. If your house is secured with fulltime CCTV cameras, you are sure that you know what's going on in there all the time. It helps you to have peace of mind when you are away for a long time.Advertisement
- 2You have a strong evidence in case a crime has been committed.In case someone actually entered your home to do some crime, your CCTV camera will be able to show exactly who did it. It is considered as a strong evidence and you have more chances of actually capturing the criminal because of the video.
- 3You automatically discourage criminals from even trying to do a crime at your house.This is especially the case if you put a sign outside of your home that your home is protected by a CCTV camera and IR illuminators. The criminal will think twice because he knows that if he does something to your house, he will be caught easily because of the camera. Therefore, in itself, it is a good security tool because it conveys a clear message to criminals that you are not taking security for granted.
- 4You help your community by not being a burden when it comes to security.You are taking more active measures to get your house secured and this is a great help to the community. Security requires that all community members are vigilant enough. In this case, you are doing your part in ensuring that you live in a community where criminals are turned off to enter because of tight security. When all of the homes practice these kinds of measures, in the long run, there will be no room for criminals anymore. They would know for a fact that their chances of committing something without getting caught is very low.
- 5You automate the security of your house and you do not need to be the one to physically keep on checking if your house is safe.This removes the burden from you of having to constantly be watchful of your house. You can live comfortably knowing that you are equipped with the tools you need to keep your place safe all the time.
Questions and Answers
Installation of an IP Camera based home surveillance system?
I will do this. Just starting. Want PoE cameras. HDTV quality. Variable frame rate selection. Will build capture/storage based upon either Windows or Linux - depends upon software feature 'richness'. What else should I consider?
You have most of the tech covered, however, any professional grade system should include the following additional components and support functions:
- 1A 24 hour UPS system.This should support the main hardware, the internet line, and ideally your internet connection (which may need to be wired at the external signal delivery point, depending on what you're using).
- 2You should consider the lighting conditions.Low cost cameras will use an IR light to illuminate dark areas, and higher quality cameras will use more advanced technology, but be more expensive. In the event you have a power outage, you will need to have emergency lamps to complete coverage.
- 3Think about the position of your cameras.Anyone serious about gaining entry at a POE will be prepared to disable a camera. Make sure you have something that is not easily disabled, or far enough out of reach that it simply isn't worth it.
- 4Install a secondary system.Small pin cameras, or alternate cameras that aren't easily identified will provide additional security, as most people will only disable one camera, and assume that you weren't paying attention.
- 5Consider a voice activated recording system.Often anyone attempting to gain unauthorized entry to a barred access point will have something to say along the way. This is especially true if there is more than one person.
- 6Think about how your systems are being backed up.The ideal system includes redundancy over a cell signal, so that information is remotely uploaded. This way, if your source system is compromised, you will still have access to surveillance footage.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.