Help Investigation Team with CCTV Cameras and IR Illuminators
Edited by Alex Smith, Christine dela Cruz, Alma, Eng and 2 others
The crime rate is increasing day by day. Hence it is very important to install a security camera in each and every house or street. By installing an camera we are helping our investigation team to investigate the cases within a short span of time. This will also reduce the crime rate.
- 1Install a CCTV CameraAdvertisement
- 2Install an IR illuminatorAdvertisement
- 3The IR illuminator will give you a clear picture during the night.In Case crime takes place the CCTV camera will detect the suspect with the help of IR illuminator during night time.
- 4We will be able to detect the suspect easily.When we as a citizen installs both, the CCTV camera and the IR illuminators.
- 5Now this will help the investigation team to detect the suspect and within a short period of time the cops go catch hold the criminals.
Sources and Citations
Benefits of Installing CCTV Cameras and IR Illuminators in Your Home
- 1You cannot stay in your home all the time. There will be times that no one is at home at all. If your house is secured with fulltime CCTV cameras, you are sure that you know what's going on in there all the time. It helps you to have peace of mind when you are away for a long time.You have full security 24/7.
Questions and Answers
Installation of an IP Camera based home surveillance system?
I will do this. Just starting. Want PoE cameras. HDTV quality. Variable frame rate selection. Will build capture/storage based upon either Windows or Linux - depends upon software feature 'richness'. What else should I consider?
You have most of the tech covered, however, any professional grade system should include the following additional components and support functions:
- 1This should support the main hardware, the internet line, and ideally your internet connection (which may need to be wired at the external signal delivery point, depending on what you're using).A 24 hour UPS system.
- 2Low cost cameras will use an IR light to illuminate dark areas, and higher quality cameras will use more advanced technology, but be more expensive. In the event you have a power outage, you will need to have emergency lamps to complete coverage.You should consider the lighting conditions.
- 3Anyone serious about gaining entry at a POE will be prepared to disable a camera. Make sure you have something that is not easily disabled, or far enough out of reach that it simply isn't worth it.Think about the position of your cameras.
- 4Small pin cameras, or alternate cameras that aren't easily identified will provide additional security, as most people will only disable one camera, and assume that you weren't paying attention.Install a secondary system.
- 5Often anyone attempting to gain unauthorized entry to a barred access point will have something to say along the way. This is especially true if there is more than one person.Consider a voice activated recording system.
- 6The ideal system includes redundancy over a cell signal, so that information is remotely uploaded. This way, if your source system is compromised, you will still have access to surveillance footage.Think about how your systems are being backed up.