Edited by gweneviere, Eng, sandy9, vancellfoto and 7 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 Unable to download WhatsApp for my Windows phone?
- 1.2 I want to download WhatsApp in my Windows live phone but it is telling me to sign in with a Windows live account. I have tried to sign in but still failing.
- 1.3 I cannot download via my Windows phone?
- 1.4 How to download WhatsApp in Windows phone? Why does it require a WiFi over 22 MB?
- 1.5 Dual WhatsApp on single Windows phone?
- 1.6 My phone is a Windows phone and I want to download WhatsApp for 25mb but my phone is telling me that I must wait for WiFi?
- 1.7 I want to download WhatsApp application using a laptop for a Windows phone Lumia 535?
- 1.8 How can I change updates for Lumia from WiFi only to cellular network?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
Unable to download WhatsApp for my Windows phone?
WhatsApp download, their website say open page on your mobile but I am unable to connect to internet via my mobile
You will need to use Internet connection on your phone for the program to operate.
- Depending on whether your phone is run on Android or iOS, you will need to access Play Store or App Store respectively to download WhatsApp.
- Then, you will need the Internet connection to receive or send messages. For this to work, you need to ensure first that your carrier has enabled a mobile data plan for you. The plan must have traffic available for you. Then, tap on "Start", swipe left to the application list, tap on "Settings" and "Cellular". Enable "Data connection".
- You need to be in the Internet coverage so that (2G/3G/LTE) reaches the place where you are trying to connect to the Internet.
- Alternatively, connect to a WiFi network from your phone. To do that, either sign up to an Internet Service provider plan with a WiFi router or join a public WiFi network, which is available only at certain places like cafes. To get on a WiFi network, tap on "Start", swipe left to the application list, tap on "Settings". Enable "WiFi" and select a network to which you want to connect.
I want to download WhatsApp in my Windows live phone but it is telling me to sign in with a Windows live account. I have tried to sign in but still failing.
How can I create the Windows live account
Since you have a Windows phone, you Windows Live Account would be whatever email you set up on the device to activate it. If you can't sign in and are using the correct details then access the Microsoft email on the PC and see if you have triggered 2 Step Verification. This would prevent you from signing in. A new account also needs to go through a verification process. Logging in on the PC will be able to tell you if you need to complete that. Beyond these tips, contact Microsoft directly through their Support Module.
I cannot download via my Windows phone?
It cancels every time I use an internet
Microsoft Support has provided information for what to do if you can't download apps from the Windows Store. Although it is for the Lumia, all Windows phones operate on the same OS. One of the biggest reasons for apps failing to download is that you are not signed into your Windows Live account.
How to download WhatsApp in Windows phone? Why does it require a WiFi over 22 MB?
How to download WhatsApp in Windows phone? Why does it require a WiFi over 22 MB
Go to the App Store Settings. Disable the feature for only downloading apps over WiFi. Then delete your recent attempt to download WhatsApp and begin again. Really to install WhatsApp, it works best to perform the installation over WiFi. If you do not have access to WiFi where you live, then access a free WiFi hotspot at a cafe or library.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: WhatsApp on Nokia 800 won't start
Dual WhatsApp on single Windows phone?
Is it possible to install two WhatsApp account
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer. on single Windows phone? I am using Lumia 640 and I want to use two WhatsApp, one from my primary line, the other one for work purpose. I know if using an Android mobiles, no problem, but I have never heard about using dual WhatsApp on Windows phone.
There used to be a way with a third party app but Windows and WhatsApp have since closed those platforms. The only way around it is to get WhatsApp for Windows 10 on your PC as one account and then on your phone for the other account.
My phone is a Windows phone and I want to download WhatsApp for 25mb but my phone is telling me that I must wait for WiFi?
My phone is a Windows phone and I want to download WhatsApp for 25mb but my
You need stable WiFi for WhatsApp to download. The only other way is to get the app online on your PC and download it to the phone's SD card via a card reader or an SD slot on your PC. That method is tricky though as sometimes WhatsApp will not work loaded onto the SD card.
I want to download WhatsApp application using a laptop for a Windows phone Lumia 535?
Download WhatsApp app using a laptop for Lumia 535
You can do that via the way mentioned in an above answer but as long as you have Windows 8 or higher for the OS on your Lumia, you can install WhatsApp through the Windows Store.
How can I change updates for Lumia from WiFi only to cellular network?
How can I change updates for Lumia from WiFi only to cellular network
You can do this in the settings of the Windows Store. Although you can set changes, some apps will override this and still require WiFi. Especially apps over 25 MB that you wish to install.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Maria, Piyush Sharma, Daveedu Bokka