Edited by astill7493, Eng, VisiHow
Questions and Answers
Hello! I am just trying to change my PIN on OnePlus 2, but I totally forgot the password. I can get to the phone by using fingerprint.
Do you have any idea how to recover or change the password?
The password accompanies your fingerprint scanner, which means that you ought to open "Settings" and delete all of the fingerprints that will remove the associated password. Considering that you have an updated OnePlus 2, follow the instructions below.
- 1Unlock the phone with your fingerprint, as it works.
- 2Press the home button.
- 3Tap on "Apps".
- 4Tap on "Settings".
- 5Tap on "Lock screen and security".
- 6Tap on "Fingerprints".
- 7Tap on "EDIT".
- 8Check all of the "Fingerprint" entries.
- 9Tap on "REMOVE" twice.
- 10We have a tutorial on how to do that on Samsung, but OnePlus 2 has the same procedure.Now, you can add your fingerprint again with a new password.
- 11Write down your alternative password.
If your device cannot accept the fingerprint at all, then hard-reset it and delete all of the data.
- 1Power down OnePlus 2.
- 2Press and hold power and volume-down buttons until you see a malfunctioning robot.
- 3Then, hold the volume-up button and press the power button once to enter the recovery menu.
- 4Navigate with volume buttons and select options with the power button.
- 5Select "wipe data/factory reset".
- 6Select "Yes -- delete all user data".
- 7Select "reboot system now".
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: How to recover pictures from a Samsung Galaxy Note3 with a non-working digitizer
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Eng, astill7493