Edited by astill7493, Eng, VisiHow
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 2 Referencing this Article
- 3 Comments
Questions and Answers
Hello! I am just trying to change my PIN on OnePlus 2, but I totally forgot the password. I can get to the phone by using fingerprint.
Do you have any idea how to recover or change the password?
The password accompanies your fingerprint scanner, which means that you ought to open "Settings" and delete all of the fingerprints that will remove the associated password. Considering that you have an updated OnePlus 2, follow the instructions below.
- 1Unlock the phone with your fingerprint, as it works.
- 2Press the home button.
- 3Tap on "Apps".
- 4Tap on "Settings".
- 5Tap on "Lock screen and security".
- 6Tap on "Fingerprints".
- 7Tap on "EDIT".
- 8Check all of the "Fingerprint" entries.
- 9Tap on "REMOVE" twice.
- 10We have a tutorial on how to do that on Samsung, but OnePlus 2 has the same procedure.Now, you can add your fingerprint again with a new password.
- 11Write down your alternative password.
If your device cannot accept the fingerprint at all, then hard-reset it and delete all of the data.
- 1Power down OnePlus 2.
- 2Press and hold power and volume-down buttons until you see a malfunctioning robot.
- 3Then, hold the volume-up button and press the power button once to enter the recovery menu.
- 4Navigate with volume buttons and select options with the power button.
- 5Select "wipe data/factory reset".
- 6Select "Yes -- delete all user data".
- 7Select "reboot system now".
I forgot my pin and recovery info to unlock my phone. How can I unlock it without losing any of my data?
Non activated phone that I'm wanting to reactivate but need to unlock it first.. I have tried: All past passwords and I've tried recovery but nothing is working. I think it was caused by: Not being on it for a while so I forgot the passcode
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: My phone isnt coming up with the sign in option after 145 attempts
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Hello! I am just trying to change my PIN on OnePlus 2, but I totally forgot the password. I can get to the phone by using fingerprint. . (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Hello!_just_trying_to_change_my_pin_on_OnePlus_2,_but_totally_forgot_pasword._I_can_get_to_the_phone_by_using_fingerprint
MLA (Modern Language Association) " Hello! I am just trying to change my PIN on OnePlus 2, but I totally forgot the password. I can get to the phone by using fingerprint. ." VisiHow, visihow.com/Hello!_just_trying_to_change_my_pin_on_OnePlus_2,_but_totally_forgot_pasword._I_can_get_to_the_phone_by_using_fingerprint Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. " Hello! I am just trying to change my PIN on OnePlus 2, but I totally forgot the password. I can get to the phone by using fingerprint. ." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Hello!_just_trying_to_change_my_pin_on_OnePlus_2,_but_totally_forgot_pasword._I_can_get_to_the_phone_by_using_fingerprint.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Eng, astill7493