Have the Updated Samsung Drivers for Your Samsung Phone
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Anonymous, Dougie
When you insert your Galaxy device to your computer, your computer will attempt to install the drivers for your phone or Tablet and may later on fail. This is because your computer could not find compatible software on it that can be used to properly communicate with your Samsung Galaxy device. Having the correct drivers for your phone on your PC is needed when you perform certain critical tasks on your device like Root Samsung Galaxy S4 or Update and Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S4.
Prerequisites before proceeding
Before you can continue with the different ways of having the updated drivers on your computer for your phone, you need to make sure that the following are observed:
- 1Enable USB debugging mode on your Android device.Enabling the USB debugging mode for different Samsung devices may be a little different depending on the actual unit and the Android version that it is running. However, the procedures are quite similar and are all on the Settings menu so you won't have trouble enabling the USB debugging for other Galaxy devices.Advertisement
- For Jellybean versions go to Home Screen > tap on Menu Key > Choose Settings > More tab > System Manager > Developer options > Turn Switch to "ON" (Green) > Put a check mark on the tick box for USB Debugging.
- For Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) versions go to Home Screen > tap on Apps icon> Choose Settings > Under Wireless and Networks, tap More > USB utilities > Set USB cable connection mode.
- For Honeycomb versions go to Home Screen > tap on Apps icon> Choose Settings > Tap on Applications > Choose Development option> Put a check mark on the tick box for the option "USB debugging".
- For Gingerbread versions go to Home Screen > tap on Apps icon> Choose Settings > Tap on Applications > Choose Development option> Put a check mark on the tick box for the option "USB debugging".
Use Samsung Kies to install the right drivers for your Galaxy device
You can use Samsung Kies to automatically detect your Galaxy device and install the correct drivers for your phone on your computer. To do that, follow these procedures:
- 1Go to Samsung's official download site for Samsung Kies and download the application on your computer.Advertisement
- 2After downloading, open the executable file and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- 3Once installation is done, go to the installation folder of Samsung Kies and open the application.
- 4Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- 5Wait for Kies to detect your Galaxy device.
- 6Kies will then automatically download and install the correct drivers for your phone so your computer will be able to properly recognize it.
- 7When the updating of drivers is complete, you are done.
- Note: In order for these procedures to work, your computer should have an internet connection during installation of the USB driver. This is because if Kies cannot find the drivers on your computer, it will communicate with Samsung servers to download the right drivers for your phone or Tablet.
User Samsung Android USB Drivers to install the correct drivers on your Galaxy device
For whatever reasons you may have not to use Samsung Kies or ff Samsung Kies just does not work for you, then you may directly download Samsung's Android USB Driver to have the updated and correct drivers for your Galaxy phone or Tablet. To do that, follow these procedures:
- 1Download the installation file for Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.Advertisement
- 2After downloading, open the executable file and install Samsung Android USB Drivers on your computer.
- 3Once installation is done, connect your phone or Tablet to your computer using a USB cable.
- 4Your computer will then detect your device and will automatically install the right drivers for it.
- 5Wait for the driver installation to be completed and you are done.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Leomar Umpad