Have a Good Sleep
Edited by Seighart, Ephraim, Anonymous
How to get a Good sleep
Sleep is usually a refreshing guarantee of physical and mental happiness. When sleep is not used to advantage its loss is detrimental to personality appeal. Many people suffer from insomnia. Sleeplessness is common complaint which is direct proportion to your position on the professional, social and economic scale, the degree of your tensions, all and in just how well you adapt to your way of life. Despite the realization about harmful effects from the lost of sleep, few people ever learn to sleep properly. To get to sleep they knock themselves out with chemical sedation of pills ad potions, when sleep through peace of mind, would indefinitely more wise. How can you improve your sleep habits is noted as follows:
- 1Slow down the daytime pace.Advertisement
- 2Shut out the problems of others when you close your bag or briefcase.Advertisement
- 3Take home some happiness.It's much better than being a grouch.
- 4Eat a light, but efficient balanced diet at least four hours before bedtime.
- 5Play awhile ( cards, talk, video games, meet with friends, take the family out).
- 6When bedtime come, brainwash yourself of emotions.Brainwashing is a cultivated habit. It far surpasses the chemical sabotage of sedatives.
- 7Be sure your bed is wide enough to roll in.
- 8Use bed that does not squeak.
- 9Use a mattress that has a medium-hard resilience of coiled springs.
- 10Have a room coll and quiet and free of drafts.
- 11Use a pillow that is flat and small
- 12Use Bed covers which are only heavy enough to fill the need.
- 13Eat nothing indigestible or indiscreet before bedtime.
- 14Have a regular bedtime hour each night.
- 15Take a warm bath or shower before bedtime.
- 16Where circulatory problems exist in the legs keep the feet warm.
- 17Put house pets out so that they will not come pestering you during the night.
- 18Be sure that each of the family has a door key so that you don't have to get up during the night.
Ways to prepare yourself for bed
When it comes to sleep you have to ensure that your space in comfortable as well as your environment in order to sleep more soundly and effectively at night. With your space not being in order you will have a harder time at sleeping at night which can interrupt you in going to sleep and also staying asleep at night. Below are ways that you can in fact improve your space and yourself while going to sleep at night.
- 1Set up your bed in order to make it comfortable in order to ensure that you are sleeping well at night.Do things such as clearing clutter off of your bed in order to help you to have space on your bed at night.
- 2Keep the colors in your bedroom low and dim in order to improve the mood in your bedroom to help you in falling to sleep as well as staying asleep at night.
- 3Put good comfortable bed sheets on your bed to ensure that you are providing yourself with the best possible comfort at night.Thread count can help to provide you with choosing sheets that are more comfortable to you to sleep in, when looking at the thread count understand that the higher the thread count the more comfortable your sheets will be.
- 4Poor bed sheets will give off a rough feel which can cause you to be uncomfortable in you're bed, poor thread count is one of the reasons for people not being able to go to bed comfortably and stay asleep at night.
- 5Take care of your mattress because with a poor mattress it can cause you to have a hard time sleeping as well as causing back problems because you are sleeping on a poor mattress.It is time to change your mattress when you begin to feel the springs from within the mattress.
- 6Take notice if your partner sometimes always rolls into the middle of the mattress because this can be a cause of a poor mattress.Also notice if you tend to fall in the middle for this can also be an example of having a poor mattress.
- 7Get comfortable before getting into bed to ensure comfort for by not making yourself comfortable before getting into bed you will not be comfortable while you are in bed.
- 8Cotton pajamas is known to be more comfortable than other types of materials to wear to bed at night to not improve comfort while trying to go to bed at night.
- 9Ensure that your mattress has a good fragrance for laying on a mattress for a long period of time you will leave sweat and other things in the mattress that can cause your mattress to develop an odor.Spray febreze on your bed in order to freshen up your mattress which will allow you sleep better under the good smelling fragrance.
- 10Keep up with the new styles of mattresses for they add more comfort than traditional mattresses.There are mattresses out there that will allow you to select your specific type of comfort rather than having to sleep on a mattress that is not specifically designed to fit your comfort
- 11Change up the way that you sleep at night in order to change up the position that you sleep at night.Changing your position will allow you experience new ways that you can sleep in order to provide more comfort to you while you are sleeping.
- 12Place a pillow underneath you in order to possibly align your body while sleep rather than sleeping on an un level mattress which can cause you to not fully keep your body aligned while sleeping at night.
- 13Do your best to not sleep on your stomach at night for this can cause aches and pain in the morning by sleeping on your stomach.The main reason why you will in fact experience pains is because while sleeping on your back you may not lay level due to constant shifting unlike the better alignment that you can receive by laying on the back.
- 14Before going to bed take time out to in fact take a bath or shower which will relax your body before getting in the bed to help you to fall asleep quicker at night.In some cases it is recommended to take a bath a couple of hours before you actually go to bed.
- 15Eat at least 2 to 3 hours before you go to bed in order to help you to stay comfortable while trying to go to bed at night.By eating right before going to sleep you will have a problem with waking p at night due to the fact that the food has not digested fully in your stomach.
- 16DO not go to bed without eating because your lack of eating will disrupt you while you are trying to sleep at night.By not eating your stomach will being to growl and night which can cause you to have to wake up and get a snack in the middle of the night. Now by you getting a snack in the middle of the night and going back to sleep you will in fact be interrupted yet again while sleeping for your body will begin to digest the food while you are trying to go to sleep.
- 17Avoid drinking any type of caffeinated drink at least 5 hours before it is time for you to go to bed at night for the caffeine will cause the body to try to stay awake rather than going to bed at night.
- 18Stray away from drinking any type of fluid before going to bed because once the fluids are in your body for a while it will give you the urge to get up in the middle of the night to go and use the bathroom
- 19Stay away from drinking alcohol if you are wishing to have a good nights rest because by drinking alcohol and falling asleep your body will begin to sift through the sugar thus waking you up or disrupting you in the middle of the night.
- 20Turn off the lights before going to bed in order to calm the mood and allow you to fall asleep quicker than normal.By cutting off the lights it gives the impression that your eyes are already closed which in turn can help you to fall asleep and staying asleep during the night.
- 21Close all things that can illuminate the presence of light whether it is closing your blinds, curtains or window in order to ensure that you are not interrupted while you are trying to sleep at night.
- 22A mask can be a tool that can be used in order to help you to fall asleep by simply placing the mask over your eyes to give the sign that it is completely dark and that your eyes are closed.The mask can help to shield you from any source of light that may be entering the room at night and in the morning.
- 23Use something of your choosing in order to play music in order to help you to fall asleep at night.This device can be a CD player, iPod, mp3 player, phone or TV in order to help you to listen to music to help you fall asleep. In addition to this step there are certain types on music that you can listen to in order to help you fall asleep such as classical music or nature sounds.
- 24Exercise your body before going to bed in order to help you to fall asleep easier at night.Exercising can help you in order to tire yourself out during the day to help you to fall asleep quicker at night.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Ephraim, Seighart