Have Softer, Smoother, and More Youthful Hands
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Robbi
Have you been neglecting your hands lately? Pause for a while. Look at how they look and feel. Sometimes, busy schedules and demanding workloads make you forget about yourself. Aside from your brain and heart, your hands do most of the work every day. Every task, whether it's doing chores or fooling around with your Tablet, is done with your dependable hands. That is why you should take good care of them. Knowing how to have softer, smoother, and more youthful hands will give you more confidence in handing payments, handling drinks at the bar, or just performing your every day work. Just like your facial skin, your hands tell so much about how you take care of yourself. So what are you waiting for? It is time to give yourself a break and treat your hands well.
How to Have Softer, Smoother, and More Youthful Hands
While most of us do take care of our facial skin, our hands need anti-aging treatments as well. Your hands do a lot of work. They are exposed to various chemicals and are often neglected when it comes to sun protection. As you know, your hands have thin skin so they are very prone to aging. Below are some of the things you can consider for making your skin more irresistible:
- 1If you exfoliate your facial skin, you should also exfoliate your hands. Exfoliation is important. It removes the upper-most layer of your skin so that new skin can be revealed.Exfoliate.Advertisement
- Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with two tablespoons of coconut oil. This home treatment will leave your skin smoother and softer. Do this regularly for best results.
- Use lemon juice (fresh) on your hands. Leave it for as long as you can stand it. Rinse it off.
- Consider chemical peels. This type of treatment can remove dark spots. Just make sure you consult your dermatologist first before trying them.
- 2Do this even when it is cold. When you leave you hands unprotected under the sun, the skin on your hands loses collagen. Collagen is important in building up skin cells. If you protect your hands and moisturize at the same time, you can prevent the formation of wrinkles on your hands.Moisturize with at a minimum of SPF 15.Advertisement
- 3You deserve to have pampered hands.Never forget to pamper.
- Wear protective gloves when you wash dishes.
- Before heavy exposure to water and detergents, it's ideal to apply coconut oil or olive oil on your hands.
- You can also try to apply antioxidants lotions on your hands at night and before you apply your sun protection during the day.
- Also consider placing hydrating masks on your hands.
- 4Ask your dermatologist for laser treatments for your hands. These could easily remove dark spots and enhance the thickness of the skin on your hands.Laser treatments.
- 5You should also pay attention to your fingernails.Take care of your fingernails.
- Apply cuticle creams, petroleum jelly, or Vitamin E on your nails every night.
- Use lactic acid, urea, and phospholipids to prevent nails from cracking.
- Buff your nails to boost the nail bed's circulation. Just do not over-buff.
- Massage the tips of your fingers every day to enhance circulation. This will prevent your nails from peeling and cracking.
When you take good care of your hands, you take good care of yourself. So no matter how busy you are, take time to pamper your hands. Softer, smoother, and more youthful hands will make you more appealing and more confident in everything you do.
- Always consult a dermatologist before trying new skin care products.
- Take antioxidants to help you regenerate your skin.
- Be gentle when you exfoliate.
- Do not use acetones too much. They tend to dry your nails.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Mian Sheilette Ong