Have Shiny Beautiful Hair
Edited by Debbie, Timbuktu, Eng, Ephraim and 5 others
Is your hair dry and dull looking? Everyone would like to have beautiful shiny hair, you know, like the gorgeous women in the hair commercials that sway their glistening hair back and forth? What are the causes of unhealthy looking hair? When we constantly color, bleach, perm, use a straight iron, and excessively use a blow dryer all the time, this can damage and dry out our hair. This can rob the hair of moisture.
So what can we do to help our hair get that moisture and shine back?
- 1 Components of Hair
- 2 What Brings About Hair Colors
- 3 The Process of Hair Growth
- 4 Hair Fall Enlightened
- 5 How to Have Shiny Beautiful Hair
- 6 Things you can do to improve hair shine
- 7 Apply and Leave
- 8 Fluids
- 9 Food
- 10 Drying your hair
- 11 Oil Sheen
- 12 Tips When Shopping for Food for Healthy Hair
- 13 Comments
Components of Hair
- 1This is a special kind of protein that is also responsible in producing nails. This protein is also responsible for forming the outer layer of skin that serve as a protective covering that repels the intrusion of foreign bodies.Keratin.Advertisement
- 2This is the outer layer, covering the medulla and cortex, which are the remaining two layers. The cuticle is thin and has no color and its main purpose is to provide protection to the cortex, which has melanin that is responsible for the different colors of hair between individuals. There are two types of melanin that define hair color:Cuticle.Advertisement
- Eumelanin, which brings about brown and black hair
- Pheomelanin, which brings about reddish hair.
What Brings About Hair Colors
- 1This comes from eumelanin.Black or brown.Advertisement
- 2This is brought about by pheomelanin.Red.
- 3This is because of a little amount of or even no melanin at all.Blond.
- 4This is usually caused by a deficiency in melanin, although other factors can also cause it, such as stress, medical concerns, and even age.Gray.
The innermost layer of hair called medulla also has something to do with hair tones because it reflects light. Therefore, it can be noticed that the hair appears different under sunlight as compared to shaded places or darker surroundings.
The Process of Hair Growth
- 1The papilla growth cells divide and this brings about the formation of the hair shaft. Thereafter, this hair shaft gets keratinized and moves up towards the pore, outside of the hair follicle. On the other direction, the follicle further embeds itself into the skin so that it is able to get more nourishment from it. People with long hair normally have higher growth rates during this phase and it is otherwise for people with short hair. Growth is estimated to be about half of an inch every month on the average.Anagen.Advertisement
- 2This phase occurs more briefly compared to the other phases. It normally just takes about two to four weeks for the cycle for this phase to complete. Because of this, it is commonly called a transitional phase only or hair renewal process and this is what happens:Catagen.
- Hair ceases to grow because the follicle becomes degraded.
- Hair does not totally fall off, but shrinks to about 17% of the normal length.
- The lower portion of the follicle is destroyed.
- The papilla pulls away.
- The bulb gets off the blood supply.
- The shaft of the hair is pushed upwards.
- The hair follicle just gets dispelled.
- 3This phase takes about two to four months to complete, where hair growth stagnates while the hair maintains its attachment to the follicle. In other words, the papilla goes through a rest stage. Ten to fifteen percent of hair goes through this stage at the same time. Once this is done, the telogen phase is considered as completed. Then the hair goes through the three steps again.Telogen.
Hair Fall Enlightened
As hair goes back to phase 1 of the hair growth process, new hair shafts form and the older hair gets pushed out. This appears as a hair fall. According to hair specialists, people lose around 50 - 100 strands of hair on a day-to-day basis. This is in fact part of the natural process of hair growth, that may result from various contacts with hair, such as showering and brushing. Therefore, a bit of hair fall is actually not a bad thing all the time.
However, it becomes a problem when, after hair fall, there are no new hairs growing. Also, anything more than 50 - 100 strands of hair should be a cause of concern. There are various factors that may lead to this, such as:
- Skin problems
- Diseases of the thyroid gland
- Exposure to certain types of harmful chemicals
- Hormonal problems
- Nutritional issues
- Other health conditions
- Inappropriate hair products
How to Have Shiny Beautiful Hair
- 1A Good Conditioner.
- 2Choose conditioners with oils, such as avocado, Shea butter, or olive oil.Condition every time you shampoo.
- 3Drink a lot of Water.
- 4This will give moisture to your hair, but also dry skin.
- 5Apply to your hair, and let set 10 minutes, and then rinse. You will see the results! Do this once daily.Egg whites are great for shiny hair, mix together with olive oil, and a little warm water.
- 6Rub it through damp hair, and wrap your head with a towel. Leave on for several hours, or all night.Mayonnaise is great for shiny hair too.
- 7Eat high protein foods that will make the hair shine, such as fish, eggs, and dairy products.Don't forget to eat a good healthy diet.
If you follow these great hair tips, you will have strong, healthy shiny beautiful hair!
Things you can do to improve hair shine
Washing your hair will be able to give your hair that clean shine, but the trick is to wash your hair properly for just putting shampoo in your hair and rinsing is not considered washing. First, you will need to get a good shampoo that fits your style of hair, whether your hair is naturally colored or you are using a specific color in your hair. Along with using this type of shampoo you will also need to purchase the matching conditioner in order to get the complete matching items to wash your hair.
- 1Leave the shampoo in at least three minutes so that you can let it sit and allow your hair to take in the shampoo.Put the shampoo into your hair first and massage your hair from its tips to its roots in order to ensure that you have washed every part of your hair successfully.
- 2Rinse out the shampoo that is in your hair gently allowing all the dirt to flow from your roots down off to the bottom of your tips ensuring that all the filth is being completely washed out of your hair during this process.
- 3After your hair is free of shampoo, apply your conditioner to your hair the same way that you have applied your shampoo to your hair, massaging it from your roots to the tips of your hair to ensure that you have covered all areas of your hair.
- 4Rinsing all of the product out of your hair is really important to making is shine rather than having your hair look dull in the end process. Also, while rinsing make sure that you are rinsing your hair with warm water rather than using cold water for using warm water will help to improve your shine and also avoids damage. Once you rinse all of the conditioner out of your hair you can then use cold water to finish up the rinsing process of your hair, but do not over use the cold water at the end.Rinsing is very important for if you leave any trace of the product in your hair you will cause your hair to look dull even if you are using a very expensive shampoo.
Cutting your hair
The hair that you have on your head that has been exposed to the sun and elements will tend to become dull over time. If you cut your hair the new hair that grows on your head will have more shine to it being that it is new and has not been exposed to harsh sunlight or the elements in the air. This does not mean that you will need to cut all of your hair off, but instead give your hair a little clip on your ends in order to allow your hair to grow from the roots. The more you slip your ends the more hair grows from your roots than exposing more new hair and shine until your roots reach the tips of your hair in the end process. This will take a long period of time, but understand that you only need to get your hair trimmed or clipped every 7 weeks.
Color Your Hair
You may be experiencing dull hair because of the current color that you have in your hair at the current time, meaning that you will only need to add a little color to your hair to improve the shine. Another reason for your hair to be dull will be because you have colored your hair so much that the color has become dull with all the coloring processes. You can do either of the following in order to improve the shine of your hair.
- 1Add a non permanent hair color to your hair to add shine to your hair that can be washed out at a later time
- 2Add a hair color dye to your hair that is close to your natural color which will add a shine to your hair
- 3Focus on using non permanent hair color in order to color your hair for using a permanent dye will give you the shine, but at the cost of having a hard time getting the color out and changing your color of your hair.
As cliche as it may sound brushing your hair can in fact improve the shine of your hair and its health. The downfall to brushing your hair is for you to brush your hair too much to the point that is in fact become dull in the end. Follow these tips on how to brush your hair in order o improve shine and not to improve dullness of your hair.
- 1Start to brush your hair when it is wet rather than starting when it is dry
- 2Brush your hair with a wide comb rather than a comb with small teeth for this will cause your hair to break off in the comb
- 3Start brushing your hair at the ends, then move up your hair during the process
- 4Brushing from your roots down to your ends will cause you to bring any tangles from the roots of your hair down to the ends of your hair in the process.
Apply and Leave
Think of your hair like skin in regards to it repairing itself over night or during points where you leave it alone to repair. There are products that you can use from oil sheen to hair shine grease that can be applied to your hair and left alone to help its shine/health process overnight.
Drinking water not only hydrates your body, but also your hair in the same way, so if you drink a lot of water, your hair will become healthy and give off a shine. Without water your hair will, in fact, dehydrate and dull itself out because it is not receiving the proper nutrients or moisture to shine. As well as the water you can drink fruit drinks and juices in order to hydrate your hair in order to give off the shine you are expecting.
Just like when it comes to what you drink can also improve the shine of your hair by eating healthy foods. When it comes to your hair you will need to eat foods that contain proteins and certain vitamins in order to help out the health, growth and shine of your hair. Not only will eating these certain types of food help the shine in your hair it will also improve your hair's strength in the process.
Drying your hair
A common mistake that is made by people when they dry their hair is how they dry their hair after washing. Below are the steps to help you to dry your hair as safe as possible without damaging your hair.
- 1After washing your hair dry your hair with a towel, but do not rub your hair till its dry instead use the towel to squeeze out the water in your hair gently to reduce damaging.
- 2When using a hair dryer ensure that you are drying your hair on a downward angle to ensure that your hair is drying on an even level during this process.
- 3When drying your hair try to keep the blow dryer at least 15 - 18 cm from your head in order to not overheat your hair rapidly.
If all else fails, you can give your hair a simple shine by using what is known as "Oil Sheen' which can give your hair a temporary shine for the rest of your day. When using oil sheen there is no limit that you will need to go by in order to improve the shine of your hair, in general, you can just go wild with the oil sheen and spray all parts of your hair until it is shiny enough for your standards. But understand that oil sheen will only give your hair a temporary shine and will not keep your hair shiny for a long period of time in regards to the next day and etc. You will need to apply the oil sheen daily in order to give yourself that shine you desire daily.
These tips above are the ways that people are now improving the shine of their hair today. Understand that if none of the options above help you improve your hair rest assured because you can always use oil sheen which is a very popular product that a lot of people are currently utilizing.
Tips When Shopping for Food for Healthy Hair
Never take things for granted when it comes to having healthy hair! Even though putting the right solutions on your tresses counts, it's also important to eat the right foods to keep your hair shiny, bouncy and healthy.
- 1People who want to have the best locks should go for salmon. It contains lots of omega 3 fatty acids, iron and vitamin B12.Protein and iron supplements will make a difference.
- 2Swiss chard, spinach and broccoli are the best food groups that can provide an ample supply of vitamins A and C.Dark green vegetables are remarkably effective.
- 3Kidney beans and lentil play a significant role when it comes to an individual's hair care diet. Brazil nuts also help you have a healthy and clean scalp.For healthy hair, the list also includes beans.
- 4If one consumes food items that do not contain an adequate amount of protein and other essential elements, there is a substantial risk that your hair strands will become weak or brittle.Meat products such as chicken and turkey contain a high amount of protein, and this is advantageous for hair as well.
- 5The manner of cooking the eggs does not matter. Once you make this food a part of your regular diet, your hair strands will substantially improve.Eggs should also be included in your diet.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Lynn, estrella sacragon, Christine dela Cruz