Have A Long And Lasting Relationship
Edited by Rose B, Charmed, Adrian Penaflor, Ephraim and 5 others
Keeping your relationship is a responsibility to be shared by both parties. It shouldn't be left at the hands of the other person.
Before the relationship
In order to have a lasting relationship with someone then there are a few steps that should be taken before getting into a relationship with the person at this time. A lasting relationship comprises of certain things that need to be built before jumping into the relationship. In order to build a lasting relationship you will need to build the relationship of concrete rather than sticks. Below are a number of things that you will need to do in order to build a lasting relationship in the future.
- 1Build a friendship with that person before getting right into a relationship with the other person at that time.This will allow you to get to know your partner better than in a relationship for there will be no secrets or shame about your partners past or current situation. When people jump into a relationship a lot of things are withheld in order to make it certain that the both of you will get to know each other perfectly.Advertisement
- 2A long lasting relationship has a stable foundation when you start out together as best friends.This means you click with each other with regards to character. When you are cold, she is hot. When you are hot, she is cold. You complement each other. The other one might be shy, but you push her up, motivate her, until she gets out of her shell, because you are the more outgoing one. Long before you had a romantic relationship wherein sometimes both parties are not really themselves because they are in the courtship stage (if you did not start out as best friends), you did not hold back from each other and let your real self come out because you had nothing to lose because anyway, you were not courting each other. You know each other, intestines, lungs, and all, before you plunged into a romantic relationship.Advertisement
- 3Build the relationship while telling each other everything about yourselves rather than holding things back from one another.Whether or not you are telling them deep secrets or any little thing understand that it is in fact helping to build a sense of trust and comfortable speaking among each other.
- 4As a friend with the person ensure that you do not cheat when in another relationship at the time.If they are your friend and you are wishing to take things further ensure that you break up with your partner first or Hi, will see that you are capable of cheating on them also in a relationship. This is a common mistake that people make in a relationship with their partner and can cause permanent damage in the relationship.
- 5Go out with your friend and do things fun to develop different memories with your friends in order to help to create a routine or memory that you can build on in the future.It does not matter exactly what you do in the relationship as long as it can create a memory or take up time in the friendship.
What to do with your partner (in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship)
Now that you have pushed things into a relationship or are already in a relationship then it is time now for you to do things to help the relationship. There are a number of things that you can do to help create a long lasting relationship with your partner and below are a number of things you can do to help out in this situation.
- 1To begin in the relationship do not cheat or withhold information from your partner at the time of the relationship for this can in fact hurt everything that will occur in future.Cheating will hurt your partner at the time and will change their view about the relationship.Advertisement
- 2Surprise your partner in regards to going out and even with gifts during the relationship at the time.Doing things of this nature will help to keep the relationship spicy and not stale during the time.
- 3Do your best to spend time with your partner in the relationship in order to keep the bond between you and them at the time.In most relationships the partners grow apart because of different work schedules or interests so it is important to find time to be with one another in the relationship. It does not matter if it is only a few minutes, hours or days as long as the both of you are together as a couple.
- 4Reassure your partner that you are in love with them and that you love them as much as possible in the relationship.Even though it will not seem like a lot understand that is goes a long way when saying or expressing your love to help them feel that you are still in love with them in the relationship.
- 5Commit to your partner in the relationship in order to ensure that the two of you will do everything in your power to keep the both of you together in the relationship.it is not hard for you to commit to your partner if you are totally in love and know the person as well as you believe that you do in the relationship.
- 6Understand what love is by definition and also the love that you two share in the relationship.Love is not just a word and needs to be felt in the relationship between the two of you at the current time. If you are not sure if you are in love with your partner then do not believe that you will be in a lasting relationship with them at the current time.
- 7Know your partner very well.Knowing your partner is a continuous process. Everyday there are changes that may happen, but these changes don't come gradually. So, knowing your partner is really significant in a relationship. You have to know what they like and what they don't, and try to avoid those that they don't like.
- 8Keep your communications open.Some of the failed relationships can be attributed to communication gap. Sometimes we lose track of our loved one because we do not have time to talk to them. It doesn't mean that you have to talk to him or her every now and then, but you just have to talk even at least once a day. If there are misunderstandings, take time to talk.
- 9Trust.You have to keep your trust with your partner. Trusting him is showing respect to his whole being. You have to show him or her that you trust her even if you are not together.
- 10Support.You have to support each other in almost everything. I said almost everything, because it is not absolute that you have to support him or her. If your partner will have to do something that will make him or her become a better person, or if it will be beneficial to your relationship, then you have to support him or her. Showing that you support him or her will make him or her feel proud of this achievement and he or she can attribute this to you.
- 11Time.Give yourselves some time to be together and also have time to be away from each other. Time spent together should be made meaningful and make the other would want to be with them again. And time spent apart will make each one miss one another.
- 12Learn new things, go to new places, explore together.This makes the relationship active and not boring. Sometimes we will be tied up to the usual things that we do, to the places that we used to go to. Sometimes it is also good to discover new things and enjoy it together.
- 13Bring back the things that you used to do.If you think your relationship is already going nowhere, try to bring back the things that you did before. Those things that made you want each other, even those crazy stuff that you did, and try to rekindle all those memories when you were still new lovers.
- 14Learn to love the people he or she loves, know his or her friends, and his family.
- 15Love him or her as if it is your last day here on earth.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Do not be jealous.
- Do not nag.
- Be sensitive.
- Be supportive.
- Know what you want.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.