Hard reset your Samsung galaxy ace
Edited by Lister Jhan Dugho, Melsan, Lynn, Leomar Umpad and 21 others
If you are having problems with your phone's operating system, then you can try hard resetting it. If you happen to forget your phone's password, then the only way left for you to use it again is to Hard Reset it. Here, you can read about how to Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy S5830.
- 1 Hard Resetting Your Samsung Galaxy Ace
- 2 Video: Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy Ace
- 3 Important
- 4 Restoring Without Samsung Kies
- 5 Restoring with Samsung Kies
- 6 Tidbit
- 7 Tips Tricks & Warnings
8 Questions and Answers
- 8.1 How to Hard Reset S3 whose screen is blank?
- 8.2 I just reset my phone by going to the privacy setting and then click the Factory Reset. It turns off by itself and when it turns on, the Samsung logo appears again and again. Is that normal? How long should I wait? Thank you?
- 8.3 I have a Galaxy Ace phone with very few apps on it?
- 8.4 I can't move my options up or down using the volume buttons. How do I solve this?
- 8.5 RAM dump mode arm9 and Emergency D-load mode arm9?
- 8.6 Just done a standard reset as I had no sound but hasn't helped, will a Hard Reset do it?
- 8.7 I am having a problem to reconnect to my Jabra drive device after doing a hard reset on my Samsung ace?
- 8.8 My phone constantly restarts with no sound?
- 8.9 Phone has been blocked by the network carrier, is there any way to unblock it or any secret codes to access hidden menus?
- 8.10 How to start system on Samsung Galaxy Ace CyanogenMod 7?
- 8.11 I just got a little kernel Ver. Mar. 9 2011 when trying to reboot?
- 8.12 How do I get to the second step?
- 9 Comments
Hard Resetting Your Samsung Galaxy Ace
- 1You can do so, by either pressing and holding down the power button (up to 10 seconds) or take off the back cover of your phone and take out the battery and put it back in.First, turn off your phone.Advertisement
- 4Use the buttons Volume up to move up, Volume down to move down, and the Home key to select.
Video: Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy Ace
Resetting the phone back to factory settings will result in data loss in your internal storage, meaning it will be wiped out and your saved data and files cannot be retrieved by any manner. The only way you can access those files is if you have made a backup recently. Then you can restore it that way, using your Samsung Kies. Common reason for doing a Hard Reset:
- 1When you have forgotten the password or pattern to unlock the screen.Advertisement
- 2When you encounter error messages.
- 3To clear space in the internal storage.
- 4When you have a corrupted operating system or files.
You can restore some files in two ways, as you will see below:
Restoring Without Samsung Kies
These steps can only restore your photos, documents, music, and videos, but not your applications and contacts.
- 1Plug your mobile phone, with a USB cable, into your computer where you have made a backup recently.
- 2Once your Samsung phone is connected to your computer go to "Start", and then "Computer".
- 3Go to "Libraries", or the path where you made a copy of the said files.
- 4Once you have found the files, just select them and copy.
- 5After copying those, go to "My Computer" or "Computer" and open the removable E drive.
- 6Open the folder, then go to DCIM and then right click and paste all the copied files to restore them back on your phone.
Restoring with Samsung Kies
Using Samsung Kies will help you to restore applications, media files, documents, email accounts, the alarm, ringtones and any other files.
- 1Plug or connect your mobile phone to your computer.
- 2Launch or open your Samsung Kies program to start the process.
- 3On the connected device shows on the left-hand side of the screen, click on your device.
- 4Once you have selected your device, click the "Backup and restore" tab.
- 5Now, click on "Restore data".
- 6On the drop down menu, select any of the files you want to restore on your phone, or you could select them all at once to restore them.
- 7Wait for the process to be done and then click on "Finish" to complete.
All Samsung phones have the same steps on how to backup and restore data in your mobile phones. As long as you have an Android Operating System phone, you can follow these steps.
Hard reset your phone through your phone's settings.
Try resetting by dialing a number
Just dial *2767*3855#.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- If your phone doesn't reboot, just take out and then replace your battery, and then repeat the first step.
- All the procedures above will reset your phone to its factory settings.
- All your phone's data will be erased in a Hard Reset.
- Backup your phone's files or data to your computer so that you can retrieve them after hard resetting your phone.
Questions and Answers
How to Hard Reset S3 whose screen is blank?
My phone's LCD has been broken from inside, the screen is blank. phone turns on but doesn't display anything. I want to gave it to repair but first want to wipe all my data. all the resetting tricks need to use the screen. but my phone's screen is blank. please help If the phone can stay powered on, you can try to use the ODIN software and flash a stock firmware to wipe your user data. Download and install Kies on your computer to get the latest Samsung USB mobile driver: Download KIES Next, you'll want to install the ODIN software on your computer. Get the latest version here: ODIN For the stock firmware image file, you will need to find one that matches your S3's carrier. There are many variants of the S3 out there and they don't all use the same image file. If you have a Verizon branded S3, then you'll need to download the matching stock firmware image for it. Flash through the ODIN software and it should wipe out your old firmware and all settings, data.
I just reset my phone by going to the privacy setting and then click the Factory Reset. It turns off by itself and when it turns on, the Samsung logo appears again and again. Is that normal? How long should I wait? Thank you?
I just reset my phone by going to the privacy setting and then click the Factory Reset. It turns off by itself and when it turns on, the Samsung logo appears again and again. Is that normal? How long should I wait? Thank you! Usually, it takes a minute or 3 to boot but longer than that sounds like a boot loop. I suggest (especially if you are not rooted) that you send your phone to the nearest service center. If you are indeed rooted, simply reflash the custom ROM you used and it will fix the issue.
I have a Galaxy Ace phone with very few apps on it?
My Galaxy Ace mobile is always saying low on memory. I have very few apps on it. I am just wondering what I could uninstall on the phone which would not upset the running of the phone if taken out. There are already pre-set apps that I never use that came already installed on the phone. How do I get rid of these? Thanks in advance
You can only remove preloaded apps if you unroot your device and remove the bloatware.
- 2Select it and delete all.Open the app and find /data/log.
- 3This should free up lots of storage. You will want to do this on a weekly basis.Find /cache from the list delete all .apk files.
- 4The photos will still be accessible in Cloud servers but not hogging memory.If you take photos, install the Google Photos app and within the settings of the app, set it to sync and delete from your device regularly.
- 5Put your phone into Recovery Mode and choose Wipe Cache Partition on a weekly basis.Advertisement
Samsung GT-S5830 with an error message that keeps appearing about --Applying Multi-CSC--Can't access to '/system/csc/H3G/system...
Connect to Kies and use the PC program to hard reset your device and update your OS. You will need to reflash the Samsung possibly when you see a message like this. Your OS is essentially broken.
RAM dump mode arm9 and Emergency D-load mode arm9?
RAM dump mode arm9 and Emergency D-load mode arm9 display after combination keys on screen S5830 Galaxy Ace. I tried every step which I found in Google?
Follow the steps in this YouTube Tutorial to hard reset your Samsung device when it is in Emergency Mode. When all else fails, perform a hard reset.
Just done a standard reset as I had no sound but hasn't helped, will a Hard Reset do it?
Sound vanished for no reason on Galaxy Ace...all volumes up but no ringtones etc even after resetting the phone...wonder if I need Hard Reset. brand new phone.
A Soft Reset will not correct any volume issues. When you say all volume, do you mean the button volume or did you go down the list of media, notifications, and ringtone to make sure they were 100%? Since the phone is brand new, go ahead and hard reset it although you may have to return it if you have faulty hardware. The Galaxy Ace does not exactly have the best volume output in the first place.
I am having a problem to reconnect to my Jabra drive device after doing a hard reset on my Samsung ace?
I changed my password on Google via the computer and was signed out of my phone. For weeks I kept getting a constant message indicating that my sign in had failed. I googled and tried everything; nothing worked until I did a hard reset yesterday. However, since the reset, I am unable to pair with my Jabra Drive Bluetooth speaker. I have tried resetting the Jabra, but my phone isn't picking up the Jabra when it scans for Bluetooth devices
You can find the manual along with videos on The Drive Jabra Support Page. I have a Jabra Speaker also, and when I updated the OS on my phone, I had to pair the Jabra as if my phone was a secondary device. This is what allowed me to connect. Try that first but if you still can't connect then contact Jabra Support. I found them to be extremely helpful when I was troubleshooting my connection problems.
See more questions like this: My phone won't turn on, charge up or reboot
My phone constantly restarts with no sound?
The phone constantly loops in the start up mode but with no sound. It will not reboot using soft or hard methods
If you have hard reset this device, and still you are stuck in a boot loop, then you need to install the Stock ROM OS for your device. If you are unsure how to do this without bricking your device, you should have a cell phone repair technician repair your device. In most locations, you do not have to put your phone in the mail unless it is under warranty. There are repair technicians for cellphones everywhere!
My phone has full signal but won't ring out and how do I get the software update by air or free download If you are locked down because of non-payment then there is no way out. Your only solutions are to use the WiFi for apps like Messenger and Skype to call people.
How to start system on Samsung Galaxy Ace CyanogenMod 7?
CyanogenMod 7 was installed by the previous owner. When I push the power button to start, the phone only goes around with sign: Android... CaynogenMod 7 ..and ROM DUMP in top left corner of the screen. I tried hard reset with all buttons, but it is the same. What can I do? except to pay service? P.S. that is not my fault! but I should pay and be cool about it!
Flash new CyanogenMod onto the device. Use the CyanogenMod Installer as explained in this Youtube Tutorial. Version 14 is currently available so it will definitely be an upgrade for you! There is no need to pay someone as the installer program makes it fairly easy.
See more questions like this: Galaxy Tab 2 continuously turns itself on and off after 10 min?
I just got a little kernel Ver. Mar. 9 2011 when trying to reboot?
On Samsung Ace just get little kernel ver mar9 2011 when trying to reboot. I have tried: tried what was on your page. I think it was caused by: Son put lock on phone
Hard reset the device. Sometimes the process of a hard reset does not complete and you have to repeat the process. In the future, remember your Google Account and keep your WiFi always connected just in case your son changes your password again.
How do I get to the second step?
When I did the first step it just restarted, instead of taking me to the next step
Power off the device. Then remove the battery for a few minutes. Once you reinsert the battery, hold down the Power and Home Buttons for 15 seconds. Otherwise, try the Kies method in the event your buttons are not responding.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Chris Stipe, Alma, Maria