Hard Reset a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Watch
Edited by Train Wreck, Eng, VisiHow, smellypussy
Do you have a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 smart watch? If you do, you may have noticed from time to time that your watch fails to connect with Bluetooth. Other times, your Galaxy Gear S2 may lose connection with WiFi. In the worst cases, the device may simply stop reporting the correct date and time altogether. It could also be that you have forgotten the PIN to your Gear S2, in which case, you will not be able to access any of the watch menus or functions. These problems, while frustrating and annoying, are not serious. We will show you how they can be fixed.
If you have already tried a factory reset of your Galaxy Gear S2 smart watch and that did not work, then you will need to do what is known as a hard reset. A hard reset completely wipes out your device and restores it without using the software menus that you would normally use to perform a factory reset, or soft reset as it's also called. In the tutorial below, we will show you how to perform a hard reset. This works even if you have a PIN lock on your Gear S2.
- Note that if you have PIN-locked your Samsung Galaxy Gear S2, you will want to skip ahead to the section of this tutorial where we discuss how to hard-reset a PIN-locked Galaxy Gear S2.
- Note that the process of hard-resetting your Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 requires certain steps in quick succession. We strongly encourage you to read this entire tutorial before attempting a hard reset, as failing to perform certain actions within a specific time frame will cause the hard reset to fail. While this will not damage your smart watch, it will require you to start the process again from the beginning. To save yourself time, make sure you read this tutorial from start to finish before starting the hard-reset process.
Power Down your Galaxy Gear S2
- 3When your device has been shut down, you will see a black-watch face, and the watch will be unresponsive.In order to get the watch started again, you would normally press the power button. Because we will be performing a hard reset, the process will require a slightly different set of actions. Please proceed to the next section of this tutorial where you will learn how to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 smart watch.
Hard Reset a Galaxy Gear S2
- 4When the 'Recovery' option has been selected, press and hold the home key.
- 7Note that if you do not perform these steps quickly, your Gear S2 will simply restart itself normally; and you will need to start the process again from the beginning.
Hard Reset a PIN Locked Galaxy Gear S2
- 2Once the device reboots, please follow the steps indicated in the section above to complete the hard reboot process.If you have questions, or run into problems, please let us know in the questions section at the end of this article, and we will help you fix them.Advertisement
- Be very careful when selecting menus. If you select the wrong menu option, your device will boot into the mode specific to that option. For example, in the screenshot below we have a device stuck in wireless download mode. If you are stuck in the wireless download mode, you will need to press and hold the home button until your watch restarts. However, if your watch has already started downloading options, you will need to wait and then exit the menu, starting the hard reboot process from the beginning.
Questions and Answers
Gear S2 R720 does not hard reset, all steps failing?
Can't hard reset the device despite trying all these steps, it just does not give me any option. Basically I was trying to update it when there was a power failure, from there nothing seems to be working. The device does not give the option to reset it, it would show only; continue, download and power off. I have tried: Only what has been shown on the step.Battery went low while updating the device. And now it keeps rebooting non stop no matter what you do, it would just show the Samsung logo and reboot. I have to leave it like that till the battery goes low to turn it off. I think it was caused by: Battery went low while updating the device, and now it keeps rebooting non stop. no matter what you do, it would just show the Samsung logo and reboot..I have to leave it like that till the battery goes low to turn it off
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Eng, Train Wreck