Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Eman, Market Maker, Melsan, Eng and 2 others
Hard reset is usually needed when your phone started to run slower because of full memory, or you accidentally installed some application that's causing your Samsung Galaxy S3 to freeze or crash. A hard reset is very useful because it will return your phone to it's default settings, but in the process, it will wipe out all the data on your phone. There are 3 ways to do a Hard Reset on your Samsung Galaxy S3
Performing a Hard Reset
*IMPORTANT* Back up all your data before you do a hard reset on your phone.
Easy Reset Method
This is the simplest method and designed for the normal user, but it only works if you have access to the dial pad.
- 1On your Samsung Galaxy S3 open the dial pad and enter *2767*3855.Advertisement
- 2Your Galaxy S3 will reboot and return to the original factory settings.Advertisement
Reset from the Settings Menu
- 1Go to your "Settings".
- 2Go and look for "Back up and Reset".
- 3Select "Factory Data Reset".
- 4Then Select "Reset Device".
Only use this method if the device is otherwise unresponsive.
- 1Turn off your device.
- 2Press and Hold "Volume Up" + "Home" + "Power Button" simultaneously while turning on the device.
- 3Select the option "Wipe Data / Factory Reset".
- Use the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" to select - then use the power button to select it.
- 4All the data and settings on your device will be wiped out and your device will revert back to its original factory settings.
Reason for soft and Hard Reset
There are a lot of reasons why you need to perform a Hard Reset on your Samsung Galaxy S3 and set everything back to factory settings.
- 1Usually, it's because you've forgotten your password, pattern or lock to your phone, and because you can no longer access your phone, you have no choice but to perform Factory Reset in order to use the phone again.
- 2This is to free up some additional space to enable you to install other applications, photos, documents, videos or any other data you want stored on your phoneAnother reason is to clear the phone storage.
- 3An additional reason to reset the Phone is to clear errors and to correct problems with the operating system.Advertisement
Upon performing Hard reset to a phone or any devices will delete all data on your Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. Resetting is equivalent for reformatting the phone storage. Files can only be retrieved if you saved them to your computer to restore once you've reset your phone.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- All Data will be lost after the Factory Reset.
- It is important to do a back up first before doing a factory or Hard Reset.
- Make sure that your phone or device is fully charged before performing the Hard Reset. It could damage your phone irreparably if it stops in the middle of the process.
Questions and Answers
Referencing this Article
APA (American Psychological Association)
Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S3. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Hard_Reset_Samsung_Galaxy_S3
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S3." VisiHow, visihow.com/Hard_Reset_Samsung_Galaxy_S3 Accessed 25 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S3." Accessed Jun 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Hard_Reset_Samsung_Galaxy_S3.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Ricky Lisbon, Eng, Melsan