Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Eman, Anonymous, Market Maker, Melsan and 2 others
Hard reset is usually needed when your phone started to run slow because of full memory or you accidentally installed some application that will cause your Samsung Galaxy S3 to crash or hang. Hard reset is very useful because this will bring back your phone to it's default settings and it will wiped out all your data on your phone. There are 3 ways to do a Hard Reset on your Samsung Galaxy S3
- 1 Easy Reset Method (if you have access to the dial pad)
- 2 Reset from the Settings Menu
- 3 Hard Reset (use if the device is otherwise unresponsive)
- 4 Reason for soft and Hard Reset
- 5 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 7 Comments
Easy Reset Method (if you have access to the dial pad)
- 1On your Samsung Galaxy S3 open the dial pad and enter *2767*3855# then your Galaxy S3 will reboot and now be Factory Reset.This is the simplest method and designed for normal user.Advertisement
Reset from the Settings Menu
- 1Go to your SettingsAdvertisement
- 2Go and look for "Back up and ResetAdvertisement
- 3Select "Factory Data Reset"
- 4Then Select "Reset Device"
Hard Reset (use if the device is otherwise unresponsive)
- 1Turn off your deviceAdvertisement
- 2Press and Hold Volume up + Home + Power Button Simultaneously while turning on the device.
- 3Select the option "Wipe Data / Factory Reset" (Use the volume up and volume down to select, then use the power button to select it)
- 4All the data and settings of your device will be wiped out and it will bring back the factory settings.Advertisement
Reason for soft and Hard Reset
There are a lot of reason why you need to perform Hard Reset nor set everything back to factory settings.
Common reason for resetting your Samsung Galaxy S3 is due to pattern nor password lock on phone that you forgot what it was. And no choice but to perform Factory Reset in order to use the phone again.
Another reason is to clear the phone storage. This is to give additional free space install other applications, Photos, Documents, Videos and any other stuff that you wanted to add in the phone storage.
An additional reason to reset the Phone is to clear errors and to correct problems of the operating system.
Upon performing Hard reset to a phone or any devices will delete all data on your Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.
Resetting is equivalent for reformatting the phone storage. Files can only be retrieve if you made a back up to a computer to restore.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- All Data will be lost after the Factory Reset.
- It is important to do a back up first before doing a factory or Hard Reset.
- Make sure that your phone or device is full charge before performing the Hard Reset.
Questions and Answers
Trying to get in an old phone, forgot number to the phone pattern, tried too many times, don't know Google account, are the back up pin number?
Old phone forgot all information, phone number, Google account, ,back up pin, trying to get into it. I have tried: Hard shut down. I think it was caused by: Me, I forgot the information
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, Melsan, Market Maker