Turn your Samsung Galaxy Note II, s3 or s4 into a wifi hotspot to share internet with your laptop wirelessly
Edited by VisiHow
Questions and Answers
I connect USB and tether my smartphone in settings, but it does not help.
- 1You cannot tether your PC Internet to your mobile smartphone via USB.
- 2To share your Internet connection on the PC, you will need to buy a dual-band WiFi USB device like this one.Plug it into the computer. Install appropriate drivers for the device.
- 3Right-click the network icon in the system tray.Click "Open Network and Sharing Center". Click "Change adapter settings". Right-click the network with the Internet. Click "Properties". Click the "Sharing" tab and check "Allow other network users to connect..."
- 4Then, share the Internet connection by launching Command Prompt (press the Windows key, type "cmd", right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator").Type "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=ForGalaxy key=1234567890". Then, type "netsh wlan start hostednetwork". This will start the network with the name "ForGalaxy" and password "1234567890". You can also download Virtual Router that can help you get the network running.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy