Grow a Beard
Edited by abdoul sow, Robbi, Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Lynn and 19 others
Growing a beard is not something you can do on a whim. Some men like to wear a beard, and it seems to have become much more fashionable, however, there are those who are unable to grow beards, which is disappointing, and even embarrassing to some guys. You can blame that on genetics. Growing a beard requires commitment, and if you really want one, then you have to be patient and work on it. Below are the steps you can follow to grow that awesome beard you've always wanted, along with other tips and tricks if it proves difficult.
- 1 Decision Time
- 2 The Natural Method
- 3 Home Remedies for Growing Beards Fast
- 4 Medicines
- 5 Caring for your Beard
- 6 When All Else Fails
- 7 Tips, Tricks and Warning
- 8 Questions and Answers
- 8.1 Does shaving beard really makes hair grow thicker and quicker?
- 8.2 Is itching natural for growing beard?
- 8.3 How often should I shave?
- 8.4 By using amla oil in how many days my beard will grow?
- 8.5 How do I use amla oil to grow facial hair?
- 8.6 Does coconut oil really make your mustache and beard grow?
- 8.7 Lime juice and cinnamon powder for facial hair growth?
- 8.8 Proven methods to make a beard grow?
- 8.9 MY AGE IS 30 I NEED FACIAL HAIR?
- 8.10 When I use this my face start irritating?
- 8.11 How many days I use this mixture of lime and cinnamon?
- 8.12 Grow beard in 3 months naturally, as fast as possible?
- 8.13 I want to grow beard but it does not grow to the cheeks and chin, I am almost 18 and I am taking supplements daily?
- 8.14 How do I grow my beard faster and filler?
- 8.15 Can bio-oil and eucalyptus oil be mixed together and be used on face?
- 8.16 Hello sir, I am 22 and I live in India. My problem is that I have got a patchy beard on my face?
- 8.17 Do you know anything about minoxidil?
- 8.18 Burning sensation after application of paste is frequent or not?
- 8.19 What is mustard leaves and where can I find it?
- 9 Comments
If you're only here out of curiosity, or perhaps you're only half sure about doing it, then let me ask you this: Why NOT grow a beard? It rocks and is natural for "all" man to have one. Now you may have experienced some frustration when you've tried to grow a beard in the past, only to end up with wisps of hair you could hardly call a beard. Don't fret. As I said, there are countless ways to grow a decent beard.
- 1Take a stand.Condition your mind! Say to yourself that you will do (not try) all you can to grow a beard and not stop until you achieve that beard volume you want. If, as the saying states, "It's all in your mind", get it in your mind! Likewise, you have to encourage yourself and be resolved to follow through with your decision. You'll be happy you did!Advertisement
- 2Shun discouraging people.Once you start growing your beard, some people will naturally notice it and might comment either positively or negatively. Beware of distractions and discouragement that you'll experience along the way and just stick to what you want. Also, remember that you must do it first for yourself before others. When you do that, you'll have a firmer resolve to continue growing your beard.Advertisement
- 3Seek a confidant.It will also help (a lot) if you have someone who will boost your ego, and encourage you as you continue with your decision to grow a beard. Pick a friend who will not demoralize you along the way. Preferably, you will choose someone you know who has been successful in growing his beard. Learn from them and pick up whatever advice you can. No one can understand you more than a co-beard grower.
The Natural Method
- 2Thickening beards and mustaches are natural.When young boys reach adolescence, it will probably start out as peach fuzz - patchy and incomplete in areas, however, as time passes the hairs will become longer and thicker, and those patches will eventually fill in with hair and join the others. This can take a couple of weeks or a month at most. By the end of the month, you'll notice that the patches of hair are now hidden by the new hairs along with the ones already there. Hold out for one month and you'll see how fast can beard grown on an untouched chin area.
Home Remedies for Growing Beards Fast
Ultimately you need good genetics to grow facial hair. While there are numerous types of medical treatments that offer seamless facial growth, most have many side effects when used regularly. There are some home remedies you can try to grow facial hair, seen below: Cinnamon stimulates the hair follicles, encouraging growth. The tingle you feel when applying it is your follicles and being nourished by increased blood flow to the hair roots. Lime has antibiotic properties which will kill bacteria that can slow down hair growth. Copper, Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron are all needed for hair growth and limes contain these.
Instructions: Simply mix the two ingredients in the bowl, thoroughly with a fork, until you get a vicious mixture. Apply a thin layer to your face and leave it for 25 to 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water and follow up with a gentle cleanser to remove the sugar from the lime juice. Pat your face dry with the towel and apply moisturizer to keep your skin from drying out. You can repeat this twice a day as long as no skin irritation results.
WARNING: Do not leave the cinnamon and lime paste on your face for longer than 30 minutes as it can cause a chemical burn reaction!
Instructions: Mix the two ingredients in a blender on medium speed until you achieve a paste with a smooth texture. Apply the mixture on your face during your bath, and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water and wash with a gentle cleanser. As long as the mustard leaves and Amla oil do not irritate your skin, the treatment is very gentle to your skin. The unused portions can be refrigerated for up to 3 days for future use. Look for Amla oil that is cold pressed for the highest concentration.
Instructions: Make a mixture of 1 part Rosemary oil and 10 parts raw coconut oil. Simply dab a clean cotton ball or clean white cloth to the mixture and apply onto your skin. Leave it for 15-20 minutes then rinse with cool water. There is no need to use soap unless any ingredient here irritates your skin. You can apply the mixture up to two times daily. Always remember to use the ten-to-one ratio to avoid irritating your skin.
- 1Moisturizer with Eucalyptus.Eucalyptus has been proven useful in helping hair grown quickly on men's faces. Remember to remove flaky or dry skin before putting on moisturizer.
- 1Rogaine.Also known as Minoxidil, is a medicine known for its ability to enhance hair growth. This drug can be bought over-the-counter and can also be bought without prescriptions from medical practitioners. Remember to buy the foam type of Rogaine. Apply it directly to areas of the skin where facial hair grows, or where you want it to grow. Leave the foam on for at least 4 hours (more if you want to). Be aware that this medicine can have negative effects on people with hypersensitive skin. It's always good to test it in an inconspicuous area first, e.g. behind your ear. To buy it online! Look here: 
- 2Biotin.Biotin also known as Vitamin B7 also enhances facial hair growth for men. A great source of biotin are egg yolks. Combinations of both Rogaine and Biotin can prove very effective in growing your beard. Try it! Add that daily egg into your usual recipes by separating the white from yolk, and consuming the yolk.
Caring for your Beard
- 1Use the Right Tools.If you only need minor trim and maintenance, you need to get a tool that can be used for most of your beard-care needs. Talk about versatile. When adjusting the length of your beard, you have to remember not to cut too high or too narrowly. You can try this new razor from Gillette. It's a good all-in-one beard and mustache solution. Find it here: 
- 2Consider Help.Some men think that growing beard and maintaining it is just a piece of cake, when in fact, beards can either break or make you. Growing your beard and styling your beard are different things. Overconfidence can make you end up with scraggly beard lines and untamed facial hair. As you grow your beard, consider going to a barber who specializes in trimming and styling beards. As he styles it, you can study how he does it and as you learn, you can start styling your own beard.
- 3Combing.Did you know your beard needs combing too? As much as a gal combs her hair, so you must comb your beard. Combing the hair will force it go in the direction you want it to and not become wily and lost - which may give you dirty looking facial hair. Comb slowly and safely as some beard hair can tangle too. Here is a beard and mustache comb you can use to start.  If you don't have a budget, then just stick to a wide-toothed comb.
- 4Hygiene.While unkempt hair seems oddly appealing regarding your beard, being unsanitary might cost you your beard. Try a gentle shampoo for your beard. Do not scrub it very hard, as some hair might be pulled out. Also, use a conditioner when your beard becomes longer. It will make it softer and easier to style.
When All Else Fails
- 1Surgery.Don't fret just yet. If you have the money for it, you can opt for a beard transplant. It involves transplanting hair much like scalp hair transplants.
- Transplanted hair can be styled in any way you want - even shaved. It will sill grow naturally and is a permanent solution to your beard woes.
- Only specialized doctors are allowed to undertake these procedures as it is very laborious and requires great skill. To know a doctor's ability, you can look at his/her before and after patient result images.
- 2Fake Beards.You can also try putting on a fake beard made with human hair or synthetic fibers. Don't underestimate today's synthetic facial hair technology because it looks like the real thing when used properly. The choice is endless and they cost significantly less than surgery. Here's a website with vast collection of fake beards. Advertisement
Tips, Tricks and Warning
- Some young people get impatient when they notice that their beard is only growing in patches and they shave it off. Do NOT make the same mistake.
- Moisturized skin allows a better environment for facial hair to grow quickly.
- Get plenty of rest as sleeping helps your body repair damaged skin cells and promote beard growth.
- Manage stress, live healthy lifestyle.
- Exercise, eat the right foods and shun stress aside. Experts believe that beards grow better when you are relaxed.
Questions and Answers
Does shaving beard really makes hair grow thicker and quicker?
No. Its a myth. There is no scientific evidence that supports this claim. While shaving can make your beard appear 'thicker', shaving only reduces hair volume on your face and does not bring it in faster.
See more questions like this: Is it possible to grow beard even if its not on my genes
Is itching natural for growing beard?
Yes and no. Yes because growing beard naturally makes your skin dry, however, if your face becomes inflamed and/or tender, there may be a problem. Consult your doctor.
Yes, the itching will occur when you are growing out your beard and it is completely natural. I myself started growing out my facial hair weeks ago and I scratch everyday for my skin is not used to this new hair on my face. It is natural for this to happen and you do not need to worry about the itching your beard creates.
See more questions like this: How to grow a bigger beard and moustache
How often should I shave?
Largely depends on how your hair is and the acceleration of its growth. Shaving once a week is for most guys work while others shave every 3 or 4 days. As you grow older, your beard will grow heavier and shaving will be more frequent.
From everything I have read, it's pretty much a myth that shaving causes hair to grow in thicker. Facial hair growth is determined primarily by hormone levels, genetics, and just slightly by how healthy you are. So shaving is really just a personal preference. Do it however often you feel like you need too.
By using amla oil in how many days my beard will grow?
Amla oil is green-tinged aromatic oil which is a popular Ayurvedic or alternative Indian remedy for promotion of hair growth and vitality. This hair loss treatment is available in powder, oil, and juice form, so it caters to almost every preference and lifestyle. This can be readily purchased over the counter or prepared at home. Men who have problems growing their beards effectively have found an ally with the use of amla oil. This is primarily used for facial hair and it has the mixed benefits of essential fatty acids, proteins, flavonoids, carbohydrates,vitamin C,tannin,and water; to name a few. There are a myriad of known benefits using amla oil, and here are some of them:
- Promotes hair re-growth. Massaging amla oil on the beard or scalp encourages blood circulation and dilates the pores to promote ample oil production.
- Prevents premature graying of beard. High concentrations of tannin, as well as the rich antioxidant properties of amla oil, are attributed to preventing early graying of facial hair.
- Eliminates lice and dandruff. Amla oil is known to have potent antimicrobial properties that prevent excess oil on the beard and scalp area, which causes unwanted dandruff flakes.
- Therapeutic properties. The integration of amla oil into massage therapy brings forth calmness of mind, body, and spirit, which helps people relieve tension and stress. This leaves a cooling effect (likened to aloe extract, which is very soothing and allows people to have a rejuvenating and relaxing sleep. Further, massage is vital in stimulating brain cell growth and providing adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients to the brain and other major organs.
It is relatively easy to prepare your own recipe of amla oil combined with mustard leaves, as well as other essential oils known for nourishing and conditioning the beard, such as jojoba oil and coconut oil. You can also buy ready-to-use amla oil to avoid the hassle of preparation. You basically use it as a conditioning agent and leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then you rinse it off completely. It is generally safe for daily use as long as no allergies or complications are noted. Remarkable results of improved beard growth is usually evident after three to six months on the average, depending primarily on genetic makeup and other lifestyle and environmental factors.
Using amla oil alone will not make your beard grow in a matter of days. It only helps produce more facial hair. It can take weeks and probably months for you to see the changes. Do not stress yourself over it as stress reduces your ability to grow a beard. Massage the area in circular motions daily and have a healthy lifestyle. Also do a family background check to see if your ancestors could grow beards. Some genetic histories report the inability really to grow beards and some men's relations could only grow a very sparse beard.
See more questions like this: Can Amla churan be helpful for the growth of beard
How do I use amla oil to grow facial hair?
Amla oil has been known to improve hair condition and strengthen its follicles. These are some ways of using amla oil to grow your facial hair faster:
- You can use the Amla oil directly on the area of your face where you want facial hair to grow. It is better to do this in the evening so you can leave it on overnight while you sleep. Rinse it when you are in the shower the next morning. If you are in a hurry, you can just leave the oil on your face for 15-20 minutes and rinse it with water. Repeat the process later in the day to make it more effective.
- You can make a paste out of amla powder and amla oil and apply it the area of your face where you want facial hair to grow. Blend 2 tablespoons of amla powder with 1 teaspoon of amla oil until it is thick enough. You can add more oil or powder to the mixture, depending on the consistency you like. Apply this on your face and leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing it with water.
In order to make the Amla Oil, mix one quarter cup natural amla oil, and 3 tbsp. mustard leaves. Once thoroughly blended apply mixture on your face for approximately 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with cool water and wash face with a good gentle cleanser.
See more questions like this: How many days do I need to apply mustard leaves and Amla oil for my facial hair
Does coconut oil really make your mustache and beard grow?
Yes, pure, raw coconut oil can make your mustache or beard grow. Ten parts of coconut oil should be partnered with one part rosemary essential oil to achieve the desired effect. Dab this mixture on the skin with a piece of cotton and leave it on for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off with cool water. It is important to maintain the 10 to 1 ratio to avoid the possibility of skin irritation.
Yes, the coconut oil greatly improves hair growth on mustaches and beards because of these following reasons:
1. Coconut oil has Vitamin E.
- The coconut oil contains vitamin E which is essential in promoting hair growth. The rationale behind it is that it stimulates the capillaries to grow which is responsible in providing proper blood circulation, increasing the nutrients and promoting hair growth.
2. Contains capric and lauric acid.
- These essential nutrients present in the coconut oil promote protein re-growth in the hair. The hair is actually made up of protein, which, in time, makes the hair less brittle and dry. The two essential nutrients nourish the protein of the hair by deeply penetrating into each hair adding to the volume and making it stronger.
3. Contains anti-fungal properties.
- Coconut oil also has natural anti-fungal properties which makes it one of the best natural remedy for damaged hair.
4. With moisturizer effect.
- Coconut oil also has a moisturizer effect on the hair, making it more vibrant. It also prevents dryness.
The above-mentioned characteristics of coconut oil makes it one of the best natural hair growth stimulants for making the mustache and beard grow.
See more questions like this: Why can't I grow my mustache? I don't know how?
Lime juice and cinnamon powder for facial hair growth?
Yes, you can make use of this mixture, lime juice and cinnamon powder for facial hair growth. This mixture can make your facial hair grow faster.
If your skin is not irritated by this mixture, you can apply it on your skin twice a day, leaving it on for about 25 minutes and then rinsing it with water. Then put some moisturizer after application to prevent dry skin.
See more questions like this: Does cinnamon powder and lime juice really stimulate hair growth
Proven methods to make a beard grow?
There are several proven methods to make a beard grow and some of these are natural methods. You need to have a healthy lifestyle and eat healthy foods so that your beard will grow. There are foods that can promote growth of beard such as foods that are rich in protein like meat, eggs and fish, vitamin B, and avoiding sweets and other junk foods.
You can make use of natural oils like coconut oil and amla oil. You can also make use of lime juice extracts and cinnamon.
Rogaine and Biotin can be prescribed by your doctor.
See more questions like this: Any sure short kind of remedy to grow full beard
MY AGE IS 30 I NEED FACIAL HAIR?
ANY MEDICINE SIR PLEASE HELP ME I NEED TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM
Remember this: Beard growing also depends on your genetic makeup. Ask your older relatives (especially dad, grandpa and uncles) if they were able to grow a beard back in the day. If they were able to (with not much effort), you can now start working on yours. Do the following:
- Winter is the best time to grow a beard.
- Clean face often and keep it moist.
- Stimulate the chin area, with a massage (circular motions).
- Chill. Do not stress yourself (it will only make you fail in growing the beard you want to have).
- Sleep is also a key factor here. A good night's rest also stimulates hair growth.
- Exercise to promote good blood circulation (helps in hair growth as well).
- Say no to smoking, it weakens the immune system.
- Eat right and refrain from eating junk food.
- Eat protein and saturated fat (do not over-do it though).
- Minimize sugar intake.
- Take B-Complex supplements or eat foods that are rich in them.
- Take Vitamins A, C, and E, or eat foods that contain them.
- Hydrate often with water.
- Add oils/concoctions such as eucalyptus, amla oil & mustard leaves, cinnamon and lime juice.
- Dab a little minoxidil.
- Take finasteride.
See more questions like this: I'm at the age of 22 and my facial hairs have not come up
When I use this my face start irritating?
When I use mixing of lime juice and cinnamon powder, it starts irritation
That is to be expected with something as acidic as lime juice. Your best bet is to clean your face thoroughly after doing the treatment, then maybe even using some face lotion to help keep it from being so irritated. Try to get some unscented lotion for sensitive skin.
How many days I use this mixture of lime and cinnamon?
How many days I use the mixture of lime and cinnamon powder for facial hair grow
From what I have read, I think it is implying that you should use it till you begin to see a difference.
See more questions like this: How many days using mixture lime and cinnamon for facial hair grow
Grow beard in 3 months naturally, as fast as possible?
I want to grow my beard rapidly. I am 22 years old and I need to grow my beard fully like if we search in Google images with "Irish men bearded" I want to grow beard in that style. Help me grow it. I look like almost American, my face is almost resembling to Chris Hemsworth (Hollywood actor, hero of "THOR" movie.)
Follow the steps in this article and take Biotin supplement. Exfoliate your face twice a week to open hair follicles and avoid ingrown hairs. 3 months should give you enough time to get a good beard in place.
See more questions like this: I wanted to grow beard fast Please suggest me how to grow beard fast
I want to grow beard but it does not grow to the cheeks and chin, I am almost 18 and I am taking supplements daily?
I have facial hair but they are invisible how can I thicken them and grow them
Your facial hair has not fully developed yet. Some men do not see a 5 o'clock shadow until they are in their 30's. Try the alma oil solution in this article and see if it helps you but do not be discouraged if your beard is still sparse because you are young.
See more questions like this: I want to grow a beard I'm 24 height 5.7 I want to grow a beard on the face
How do I grow my beard faster and filler?
Well, I am 21 and my beard have been growing in patches for sometime now, two years I think. The problem I have is, I have tendencies of growing more hair on the left part of my face than on the right. I have similar issues even with my hair; the right side of my hair has grown bald a little more than the left has, I just want to know how to ensure that my beard don't grow that way, with one side looking bald and the other, otherwise. Thank you
You can apply a solution like Rogaine to the sparse side of your face and head. It should balance out your issue within a few months.
See more questions like this: Hi, I just got some eucalyptus oil and I have no idea if it will help or not ===How many days may I do this. Is there are any side effects.. Is it effective or not If yes, can you prove it, I am 18 year old young boy...please help me fast.... I am waiting for your answer, please help me soon?===
How many days may I do this. Is there are any side effects.. Is it effective or not If yes, can you prove it, I am 18 year old young boy...please help me fast.... I am waiting for your answer, please help me soon?
With the all-natural products, you can apply as often as you like. Make sure to stop if your face becomes irritated but with the natural products suggested in this article you should be okay for daily use.
Can bio-oil and eucalyptus oil be mixed together and be used on face?
Currently I am using bio-oil and eucalyptus oil mixed together and applying on my face in the morning and before I go bed, I have no facial hair around my cheeks or jaw line. would this encourage hair to grow there?
Yes those oils would encourage hair growth on your cheek and jaw-line.
Hello sir, I am 22 and I live in India. My problem is that I have got a patchy beard on my face?
I got beard and a mustache too but not the way it should be. I have got patches on my cheeks and half on the chin portion. Mustache is a matter of honor for me but I can not enjoy the pride because of the incomplete beard.
The natural solutions mentioned in this article can be found in India. You are still fairly young and have time to get a mature beard. In addition, take curry leaves and make a tea. Drink the tea on a daily basis to encourage hair growth.
See more questions like this: Hello sir, I have recently developed beard patches under my jaw line
Do you know anything about minoxidil?
Hi, I have been using minoxidil
Minoxidil is like the Rogaine product mentioned above. You should see results in a few months of continued use.
Burning sensation after application of paste is frequent or not?
When I applied the paste over my face then I feel excessive burning on my face. What should I do? I've taken 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder and 2 tablespoon of lime juice but because the paste is very thick so I added little amount of rose water but still it is burning, what should I do, please help
Cinnamon and lime are both items that can irritate the skin if left on for a long period of time. You should have done a patch test first to see how your face would react. To soothe your irritated skin, apply the juice of a grated potato or aloe vera to the redness. Do not apply anything else other than maybe Coconut oil until you do a patch test on your skin. You probably have sensitive skin, which is why you had a severe reaction to the cinnamon and lime.
What is mustard leaves and where can I find it?
Hi where can I find mustard leaves and is it the same as mustard greens or what is it? Because when I Google mustard leaves I can only find mustard greens. I have tried: I have tried amla oil. I think it was caused by: I just can't seem to grow a full beard
Yes, you could use the Mustard Greens that you find in the produce section. You can also get this in powdered form from many Nutrition/Health Food stores. You would let the leaves soak in the oil for 24 hours to make the paste or just use the infused oil.
See more questions like this: Where can I buy mustard leaves?
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Fashion
Recent edits by: deepesh sharma, Maria, vinu