Great Smoky Mountain Cabin Rentals For Weddings vs For Family Reunions vs From Owner ... and 5 more
Edited by Brindzhound, Maria
The Great Smoky Mountains lie between the border of Tennessee and North Carolina and are actually a subrange of the larger Appalachian Mountain chain. The Smokies, as they are affectionately called, got their name from the blue mist that always rims their tallest peaks. The mist occurs because of the gas the plants in the area emit, the molecules of which scatter blue light from the sun.
The Great Smoky Mountain region is also known for being the birthplace of Dolly Parton, the famous country singer. Her hometown of Sevierville is there, and the amusement parks she built, Dollywood and Dollywood's Splash Country are in the city of Pigeon Forge.
Method 1: For Weddings
Let the friendly people of the Smoky Mountains make your special day unforgettable. With the blue veil that hangs over tops of the tallest mountains, the Smokies make for beautiful wedding pictures, but it's the people who will amaze you the most.
- 1(smba.com) A website dedicated to providing you with all of the information that you need to plan a wedding in the Smoky Mountains, it is an essential wedding resource for the region. Find everything from a wedding planner to a wedding venue and much more here.Smoky Mountain Wedding Association.Advertisement
- 2(yoursmokymountainwedding.com) HearthSide Cabin Rentals offers a unique option for getting married in the Smokies: it lets you get married in a cabin and have your wedding reception there, as well, which helps you to manage costs. The cabins on the site range in size from a one bedroom cabin to one that can hold up to 74 guests. If you don't want an in-cabin wedding, HearthSide offers other locations, as well, Visit their website for more informationHearthSide Cabins.Advertisement
Method 2: For Family Reunions
Plan a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains for your next family reunion, and you won't be sorry. There is so much to do there that even the hardest family member to please will have the time of their life. To make the most of your time and save money, find a cabin that will hold a large group so that you can get everyone under one roof, or at least in separate cabins within walking distance of each other to maximize your time together.
- 1Located in Pigeon Forge, home of the Dollywood parks, these cabins have room for up to 74 guests. If you need to accommodate more people, there are additional cabins on the same property, as well. The grounds feature a pool, private hot tubs in the cabins, and even theater rooms so your family can enjoy movies together.Large Cabin Rentals (largecabinrentals.com).Advertisement
- 2Choose between a large cabin that sleeps up to 40 people or separate cabins close together at this resort. All cabins come with fully equipped kitchens so that you can prefer our own food. The resort also features concierge service which includes shopping for groceries and other items so that you can relax without having to worry about them. Near Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, your family can go on outings to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, or the Dollywood Parks, as well as any of the other numerous attractions the area has to offer.Eden Crest Vacation Rentals (edencrest.net).
Method 3: From Owner
Renting a cabin from the owner directly is a great way to save money on cabin rent. With online services such as AirBnB, OwnersDirect, and Vacations Rentals By Owner (VBRO), it has never been easy to find a vacation rental put up by the owner to suit your needs. These services allow you to communicate directly with the owner and book your stay with them. Nothing could be easier, and here are two amazing rental cabins we found this way:
- 1This two bedroom, two bathroom cabin is just five minutes away from Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, the Dollywood parks, and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Enjoy a day of sightseeing in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, or do some hiking at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park before returning to your home away from home to cook dinner and relax on one of the three balconies of this three story house. Close to everything you want to in the Great Smoky Mountain area and far enough away from civilization to be a relaxing retreat, this cabin is perfect for your vacation getaway.Serenity Breeze:Advertisement
- 2This home is everything you could want in a mountain lodge and then some. It has four bedrooms and four bathrooms so that you can bring the entire family for a relaxing vacation in one of the most popular tourist areas in the Southern United States. Not only is this property close to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, but it also gives you a commanding view of Mount LeConte, the third tallest peak in the park.What A Lodge.
Method 4: Pet Friendly
Since the Smoky Mountains have miles and miles of hiking trails and plenty of rivers and streams, they make a great place to vacation with your beloved dog. When you search for cabins to stay at, look for "pet-friendly" cabins. There are many of them, and here is an example of two:
- 1Unusual for resorts, this one allows pets, of any species, and of any size. It doesn't discriminate against pit bulls, either, so go ahead and bring yours with you. The cabins range from one to five bedrooms and come with wraparound decks with grills for family barbecues with the dog begging for scraps. There is a $50 deposit that you must pay per pet. The resort is close to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.Venture Resorts Pet-Friendly Cabins.
- 2This unique property has one bedroom and one and a half bathrooms. It's a remodeled "roundette" in the Big Ridge section of Gatlinburg. Close to the Smoky Mountain National Park, you can hike over one of its many trails and come home for a soak in the hot tub. Prepare your own meals in the well-appointed kitchen, and enjoy the mountain views from the deck. A $50 pet deposit is required for pets.A View for All Seasons.
Method 5: With a Hot Tub
Whether you are going to Dollywood or for a hike in the great outdoors of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, you'll appreciate the opportunity to soak in the hot tub in your cabin. Here are some cabins that come with hot tubs:
- 1A perfect honeymoon retreat, this secluded cabin is located on a cul-de-sac with just one neighbor. It is quite literally on the top of a mountain. Enjoy the quiet and the solitude and the spectacular views of the Smoky Mountains as you share a glass of wine with your new partner as you soak in the included hot tub. Near Pigeon Forge, but far enough away that the lights from the city don't interfere with the amazing night sky, you'll enjoy the unparalleled privacy this cabin offers.Stairway to Heaven.
- 2Located near Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, this cabin is the perfect location for exploring everything the area has to offer. See Ripley's Aquarium and visit Dollywood one day and the Park on another. Take in a country show and dine in one of the many restaurants that dot the Parkway, or stay in and have a barbecue on the deck while enjoying the amazing views of Cove Mountains and Wears Valley. Soak your cares away in the hot tub while looking up into the starry night sky with that special someone in your life. You can't go wrong with this cabin for a fun and relaxing vacation home.Cheries's Chalet.
Method 6: Near Gatlinburg/Smoky Mountain National Park
Although the Gatlinburg area was damaged by fire recently, much of it has been rebuilt and is ready for tourists once again. Gatlinburg is a mountain town and is closest to The Great Smoky Mountain National Park. For skiing in the winter or spending time exploring the Park, Gatlinburg makes a great spot for a home base. Here are some examples of cabins in the area:
- 1This beautiful cabin has one bedroom and two bathrooms and is perfect for a couple on holiday. It has a hot tub for lounging and stunning views of the mountains all around. There is a deck with a grill and a table and chairs where you can eat outside as you take in the sights. When the nights get chilly, you can light the gas fireplace and share mugs of hot chocolate as you watch the flames flicker and pop. It doesn't get much more romantic than this.Treetop Treasure.
- 2With one bedroom and two bathrooms, this upscale cabin is a good option for couples during their honeymoon or who want to escape the rat race for a while. Its exposed beam ceiling and rough-hewn walls contrast nicely with its upscale appointments in a charming juxtaposition of elegance and simplicity. Enjoy a soak in the hot tub and use the charcoal grill to cook perfect steaks which you can eat either inside or on the deck while you survey the breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. The property also contains a pool that you can use as well as a clubhouse and a tennis court.Amethyst Mist Log Cabin.
Method 7: Near Pigeon Forge/Dollywood
Pigeon Forge is the home of the Dollywood amusement parks, Dollywood and Dollywood Splash Country, as well as Paula Deen's Kitchen and some other popular attractions. The city of Gatlinburg and Smoky Mountain National Park is just a little further down the road. If you primarily want to explore Pigeon Forge and its shows, stores, and theme parks, then renting a cabin near there makes it easier to see and do it all. Here are some examples:
- 1This Lodge puts you right in the thick of things, with almost everything you could want to do in Pigeon Forge within a mile or two of its location. It has two bedrooms and two bathrooms, so it is perfect for a small family on vacation. Have more money to do more things by cooking your own meals in the full kitchen, and enjoy being able to take breaks from your explorations without having to deal with a long drive. It saves on gas, too.Lazy Bear Lodge.
- 2This small condo has one bedroom, and area with bunk bed, and one and half bathrooms. Suitable for a single person or a couple, it is located in Downtown Pigeon Forge and central to all of the attractions, shopping centers, and restaurants in the city. In fact, the large Ferris wheel on the Island is viewable from the condo.Pigeon Forge Condo.
Method 8: Things to Do In the Smoky Mountains
Whether you enjoy getting back to nature at the Smoky Mountains National Park or sticking closer to civilization and enjoying a day of shopping or a trip to Dolly Parton's amazing theme parks, there is more than enough to occupy your time in the Smoky Mountains. Here are just a few of the activities and attractions you can do and see there:
- 1A premier aquarium, the unique feature of Ripley's are the numerous tunnels at the bottom of the structure that you can walk through. Watch as sharks swim by overhead and as schools of fish pass by you in the surrounding blue of the water. There are also penguins to see, and you can even pet tame stingrays.Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies.
- 2Don't forget your wallet.Visit Dolly Parton's hometown of Sevierville, which hosts a variety of festivals every year and has stores of nearly every variety to explore.
- 3Feel like a bird as you soar above the trees in one of the zip line tours in and out of the national park.Zip Line Tours.
- 4For the particularly adventurous, take a hike up to Andrew's Bald and to Clingmans Dome.Hiking.
- 5Ride through the mountains on the back of a horse and get a unique perspective of them not often seen.Go horseback riding.
- 6Smoky Mountain National Park is home to many different types of fish. You will need a fishing license, and there are otherrules of which you should be aware before you goFishing.
- 7Created by the region's most famous resident, these amusements feature roller coasters, water slides, and other rides for people of all ages to enjoy.Visit Dollywood and Dollywood's Splash Country Water Adventure Park.
- 8Take a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, a huge Ferris wheel on the Island at Pigeon Forge.
- 9Brave the rapids in the many rivers coursing through the region. Guided rafting tours send you on a rollicking ride. Be careful that you don't lose your phone in the water.Whitewater Rafting.Advertisement
Facts About the Smoky Mountains
- Clingmans Dome is the tallest peak in the Great Smoky Mountains at 6,643 feet. Mount Guyot, at 6,621 feet and Mount LeConte at 6,593 feet are the second and third highest peaks
- The Smokies are among the oldest mountain ranges in the world. Scientists have dated them at around 200-300 million years old
- The Great Smoky Mountains form the border between Tennessee and North Carolina
- The Smokies are a subrange of the Appalachian Mountains
- The Smoky Mountains National Park is known as the Salamander Capital of the World
- There are 200 species of birds, 67 species of mammals, 67 varieties of fish, and 17,000 species of insect in the Smoky Mountains National Park
- The Smokies host over 100 different species of trees which are native to the region.
- Temperatures never exceed 80 degrees
- There are 800 miles of hiking and walking trails in The Smoky Mountains National Park
- Admission to the Smoky Mountains National Park is free, unique among all of the national parks in the country. The reason this is the case has to do with the building of the road that runs through the park. When Tennessee gave the land over to the Federal government, it did so under the stipulation that no toll would ever be applied to the road
- The Smoky Mountains are the setting for Ronnie Milsap's 1980 hit, Smoky Mountain Rain
For More Information
To learn more about all of the activities, attractions, and events in the Smoky Mountains, visit The Smoky Mountains Visitors Bureau for more information.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Great Smoky Mountain Cabin Rentals. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Great_Smoky_Mountain_Cabin_Rentals
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Great Smoky Mountain Cabin Rentals." VisiHow, visihow.com/Great_Smoky_Mountain_Cabin_Rentals Accessed 25 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Great Smoky Mountain Cabin Rentals." Accessed May 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Great_Smoky_Mountain_Cabin_Rentals.
Categories : Travel & Leisure
Recent edits by: Brindzhound