Glary Utilities, a tour of an Excellent Cleanup Utility for PC/Laptop maintenance
Edited by Eng, Sadelape
I have explored recently another Utility application which is handy, versatile and light on your device too. It is called "Glary Utilities" and comes in a Free version or a Pro version, which you can upgrade to at any time.
Explore main features
- 1You may download the Free version from http://www.glarysoft.com/glary-utilities/download/.Run the download and once installed, you will see the main window of the application.Advertisement
- Turn ON the automatic maintenance
- Erase your tracks every time you shutdown your Windows.
- 2The most used Tab of the program would be "1-Click Maintenance",Among those items are, "Registry Cleaner", "Shortcuts Fixer", "Spyware Remover", "Disk Repair", "Tracks Eraser", "Temporary Files Cleaner", "Startup Manager". If your device has detected issues or problems you will find it listed, clicking on the next "Show Details" button [Marked in RED] will show you details of the problems. Clicking on the "Repair Problems"[Marked in Blue] will run the repair routine, and fix the problems detected.Advertisement
- 4For those of you interested in cleaning and hiding their tracks while using their PC/Laptop, you can find among the "Options", what you need to use and set according to your need, it is called "Tracks Eraser" [Marked in ORANGE].Just tick the option for the tracks you would like to clear, such as: "Windows Recent Documents", "Start Menu Search", "My Network Places" …etc.
Explore Main Window bottom Buttons
- 1Startup Manager.Sometimes, you find yourself with a long startup time, that happens after installing so many programs and applications. Some of those applications have a small startup utility that consumes and add-up your PC/Laptop booting time. You can browse those and prevent those that you do not need to start with every booting. Simply un-tick the startup item to prevent it from starting every boot.Advertisement
- 2Registry Repair.It is where you can include or not include the registry items to scan and repair. If you are not familiar with those options, leave the default included option intact. Click on "Scan registry for problems" [Marked in ORANGE] to start scanning and once finished, you can commence "Repair" by clicking on the "Repair" button.
- 4Context Menu Manager.Lots of applications that we use add an item to the (Mouse Right Click). If you have some of those that you don't use or rarely use, having them appearing in the "Context Menu" is a bit confusing. Using this option can give you the power to hide those that you don't need or rarely use, and only keep those that you use mostly. You can Un-tick the item to simply hide it for the menu.
- 5Disk Space Analyzer.In here you can sort, organize and manage your hard disk partitions. A while after using your PC/Laptop, lots of saving, deleting and folder creating...etc. Your Hard Drive needs occasional cleaning and organizing. This utility will help you sort and analyze your hard disk drive. Click and focus on a folder then clicking "Explorer" button will open your Windows explorer for you to handle and mange that folder, Old un-needed folders and files you can be backup or delete to save space.
- 6Process Manager.It is like all process managers, where you can kill or end process of any active process
- 9Dock Bar Customization.This is the last one of the default buttons in the Dock Bar buttons, in which you can add or remove any of the buttons according to your need. Like you can add the "Memory Optimizer" … or any other one, but you have to remove a button to add one instead of itAdvertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- For all the Changes you do, a backup will be created as a precaution, you can undo any changes made by the program by going to the "Restore Center"
- To Undo, simply click on the undo icon, [Marked in Red Arrow] top right corner. Your recent changes will be listed and you can undo any one of them.
- If you click on the "Options" button within the Restore Center", you can see the Backup Options, where you can set to delete the backups automatically every ... period, like After 2 weeks.
Questions and Answers
Undo section doesn't work. It does not restore the deleted temporary files?
I click on the undo section for the day I want my computer to be restored before a 1-click cleaning and it just says that the restoration was complete but I try to find the deleted files and they do not appear. What can I do to restore a temporary file that was deleted?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Eng