Give a Facial Massage at Home
Edited by VisiHow, Anonymous, Dougie-1
You do not have to go to the spa to get a great facial. By following this guide, you can get a relaxing spa like facial treatment in the comfort of your own home. This facial massage uses reflexology points on the face to help you relax and feel rejuvenated.
Read on for details on how you can do this great massage yourself, and remember to watch the video at the end of the article for a live demonstration.
About Giving a Facial Massage at Home
You can have a close friend, parent, or sibling give you this great spa like facial massage. Of course, you can always do it yourself as well.
Benefits of a Facial Massage:
- help with headaches
Things You'll Need:
- a comfortable place for client to sit or lay
- Skin safe oil or lotion of choice (optional)
Steps for Giving a Facial Massage at Home
- 1Ask the individual if they would like a oil or lotion to be used.Sometimes a person may not want these to be used. It is always a good idea to ask before you begin. This way the person receiving the massage can fully relax without having to talk.Advertisement
- 2Warm your hands.It may be a good idea to make sure your hands are warm. This could be especially true if it is winter or your hands are naturally cold. Cold hands could startle the person and make it difficult to relax and zone out.Advertisement
- 3Place your hands onto the person's forehead.With thumbs on the center of the forehead aligned with the brow of the nose where the frown lines are usually and fingers cupped around the head. This would also be a good time to talk to the individual getting a massage. Inform them about how long the massage will last and what you are going to be doing.
- 4Begin stroking the forehead with the thumbs.Using light pressure begin moving the thumbs from the center of the face towards the ears. Repeat 2-3 times.
- 5Massage the temples.Move from the last step fluidly into massaging the temples with your thumbs in small clockwise circles.
- 6Draw your fingers around the occipital bone ridge.With your pointer fingers starting at the bridge of the nose moving upward onto the upper eye bone, apply light pressure as you trace it until you reach the temples. When you reach the temples begin making small clockwise circles before repeating 2-3 times.
- 7Massage the chin.Place your thumbs on the center of the chin and fingers under the chin. While applying light pressure move your thumbs and fingers towards the corresponding temple. Once at the temple begin small clockwise circles. Repeat 2-3 times.
- 8Move thumbs under the bottom lip.Place thumbs under the center of the bottom lips and again bring them towards that side's corresponding temple. Again, proceeded to make small clockwise circles with your thumbs once they reach the area beside the corner of the eye between the eye and ear. Repeat 2-3 times.
- 9Massage the bottom of the cheekbones.Place your thumbs at the corner of the nostrils and follow the cheekbones around up to the temples. Repeat 2-3 times.
- 10Massage the middle of the cheekbones.Place your thumbs on either side of the middle section of the nose. Using gentle pressure move them down onto the cheek bone and follow it around the face until you reach the corresponding temple where you'll make small clockwise circles with your thumbs. Repeat 2-3 times.
- 11Massage the upper part of the cheekbones.Place your thumbs on the bridge of the nose. This is the section of the nose between your eye's inner corners. Again, move the thumbs down the sides of the nose and onto the upper section of the cheekbone. Follow the cheekbone around until you reach the temples. At the temples using gentle pressure make small clockwise circles. Repeat 2-3 times.
- 12Massage the ears.Take the ear lobe between your fingers and thumb and make small clockwise circles gently on the skin while moving your hands up around the ear. This will massage both the front and back edges of the ear at the same time. You should work from the lobe moving towards the back of the head, then up towards the top of the ear, then towards the temple.
- 13Massage the front and back of the ears.With your fingers applying gentle pressure make small clockwise circles starting at cheekbones and working down, around, behind, then over the ears until you reach the temples where you make small clockwise circles with your thumbs. Repeat 2-3 times.
- 14Massage any extra areas with the fingers in small circular motions.If you want you can go back along the jawline or under the chin and massage with small circular movements instead of the long stroking movement of the thumb. Repeat 2-3 times.Advertisement
Video Guide for Home Facial Massages
This guide will show you both how to give someone else a facial massage, and also how to give the massage to yourself.
Additional Tips and Suggestions
Warnings About Giving Facial Massages
- Don't use too much pressure or it could worsen the person's pain.
- Remember not to press too hard, or you can bruise.
- Make sure the person does not have makeup on, as the pressure of massage can force it into their pores and create acne problems.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.