Get your children to like taking a bath by making bathtime lots of fun
Edited by Maria, Charmed, Eng, estrella sacragon and 1 other
Sometimes getting your children into the bath can be a drama filled time. Several things can be done to make it fun for them instead of a chore.
- 1This helps keep water and soap out of your children's eyes and helps them to remain calm when it comes time to wash their hair.Visors for hair washing are found in your infant/toddler aisles at big box and pharmacy stores.Advertisement
- 2Items from the kitchen such as measuring spoons and cups that are plastic can often be the rising star of bath time for a toddler that sees you using them all the time in the kitchen. Their regular toys are also often okay in the bath, such as My Little Pony's or plastic action figures.Allow your children to pick their own bath toys.Advertisement
- 3Avon has colored and scented roll-on soaps that the children can use to paint with, while they get clean, and with the color guide they can easily feel like they are washing themselves, as they can see the soap.Crayola now has bath time items like bath crayons, with which children can draw away on the walls of the bathtub.
To assist parents in making bath time a lot safer for kids, the following safety tips and guidelines would help a lot.
- 1Your little ones are naturally curious and they are little wanderers, so you have to ensure that the bathroom is safe for them. In addition to this, you have to lock the bathroom while you are not in it, so a small child can't wander in alone. It's best to install a hook-and-eye locking system which is beyond the child's reach.Make sure that your bathroom is safe.Advertisement
- 2Install cabinet and toilet locks so as to prevent the child's curious mind from getting him or her into mischief or danger.
- 3These objects should be kept out of reach of kids: Scissors, razors, nail clippers, toothbrushes and nail files. Also, make sure that you have these items locked away: Cleaning products, bleach, detergents, vitamins, medications, electrical appliances, cosmetics as well as mouthwash with a greater amount of alcohol content compared to wine.Eliminate sharp objects, or if it's a must to have them inside the bathroom, make certain that these items are inaccessible.
- 4These items should be out of the tub, as well as out of reach for kids.Lock your bath and beauty products such as shampoo, soap, conditioner, body lotion, shaving cream, and aftershave.
- 5Whenever your little kid begins playing in the suds, it's certainly bound to get slippery. In this line, you have to take special precautionary measures so as to ensure that accidental bumps, falls and bruises will be prevented.Ample protection against slips.
- 6These items come in different colors and even fun animal shapes. Shop for these products at several online vendors and baby supply shops.Prevent painful collisions by installing a faucet cover.
- 7You can find these items when you shop at a hardware store or a baby supply outlet.Install cheery, colorful and non-slip bath decals or mats to avoid accidental falls and slips.
- 8Your kid most likely does not possess perfect balance yet; hence, it's important that you teach him or her to be careful, especially when wet, getting in or out of the bath.Rugs should be placed by the tub side so your child can safely step onto them.
- 9A child's skin is extremely sensitive. There are many instances of accidental scalding or burning, especially when the hot water thermostat is set at a higher temperature level. Always test the water temperature so you can be sure that your child will be comfortable while taking a bath. Anti-scald gadgets are likewise available, and these items will help you in checking the safety level of the water temperature.Avoid burns by setting the right temperature.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Get your children to like taking a bath by making bathtime lots of fun. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 22, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Get_your_children_to_like_taking_a_bath_by_making_bathtime_lots_of_fun
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Get your children to like taking a bath by making bathtime lots of fun." VisiHow, visihow.com/Get_your_children_to_like_taking_a_bath_by_making_bathtime_lots_of_fun Accessed 22 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Get your children to like taking a bath by making bathtime lots of fun." Accessed Jun 22, 2017. http://visihow.com/Get_your_children_to_like_taking_a_bath_by_making_bathtime_lots_of_fun.
Categories : Baby & Toddler
Recent edits by: estrella sacragon, Eng, Charmed