Get rid of a hangover
Edited by Ephraim, Nate Pepperell, Michael J., Nuance and 1 other
In this article we will discuss how to get rid of your hangover. When you drink too much alcohol, the next day you can feel depleted and in some cases, quite ill. This article will explore ways you can deal with the affects of over-drinking.
Instructions On How To Get Rid Of A Hangover
- 1Water is very important for curing a hangover as it re-hydrates your body and flushes the alcohol from your system. Make sure to drink plenty of water the day after you have been drinking alcohol. Most of the effects of a hangover are due to dehydration.Drink Plenty Of Water.Advertisement
- 2Drink anything that has electrolytes such as Gatorade, Powerade and vitamin water. Electrolytes produce sugars that your body needs as well as re-hydrating you.Consume Electrolytes.Advertisement
- 3Eating food the day after drinking alcohol will help your body to absorb any alcohol still left in your stomach. When you do eat, make sure you eat food that contains fat, as the fat in food will help absorb the alcohol In your body. Eat food such as pizza, fried foods and red meat before drinking as a preventative measure but when you are already hung-over you may choose to eat greasy foods. The grease and fat in your body stays there for at least 11 hours and will absorb the alcohol in the intestines. Without fat in the body, the alcohol will affect the body quicker.Eat Food.
- 4Only take over the counter drugs. Avoid acetaminophen as it will damage your liver by mixing itself with the alcohol that your liver is trying to cleanse. If you can, try to take these over the counter drugs before you go to sleep as the effects will take place during your sleeping process and you should feel much better when you wake up in the morning.Take some aspirin, paracetamol or ibuprofen.
- 5When you toast bread, you are also imprinting carbon into the bread through any bunt pieces. Carbon will help to purify your body by soaking up the toxins from the alcohol. So as strange as it sounds, eat as much burnt toast as you can to help you to push that hangover out of your body.Try Eating Burnt Toast.
- 6To help you to regain the sugar in your body, eat plenty of sugary foods. The lack of sugar in your body can cause headaches, dehydration and sickness. So during your hangover take some time and get a couple of snacks to help balance out your sugar levels.Eat Sugary Foods.
- 7The fructose syrup in fruit will help you feel better when you have a hangover.Eat Fruit.
- 8Stimulating endorphins in the brain will help you release the toxins from your body. A study has shown that being happy can help produce the endorphins that will make you feel better.Get into a Good Mood by doing Something Fun.
- 9Ginger can also help cure a hangover. The use of ginger will stabilize the glucose levels in your body.Chew Some Ginger.
- 10Eggs are full of amino acids that will counter the effects of alcohol in the body. Make sure you eat the entire egg and not just the yolk or egg whites.Eat Some Eggs.
- 11Cleansing the outside of your body can also help with cleansing the inside of your body. Whenever your body sweats, you release toxins from your body through your pores. By taking a bath or shower, you are washing away any of the alcohol that has seeped through your pores so that it cannot absorb back into your body through your skin.Take A Bath Or Hot Shower.
- 12If you wake up in the morning with a really bad hangover, you can try to get rid off it by getting some more rest. By taking it easy and getting some more rest, you are giving your body more time to recover. Just make sure you drink some water before going back to sleep.Get Some More Sleep.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Will bread soak up the alcohol in your stomach the next morning?
Nope. That is pure myth. First of all, there is no such thing or process as "soaking up" alcohol. Once alcohol or any liquid for that matter is taken in, there is no artificial or manipulative way of soaking it up inside the human body. The ultimate thing that could "soak up" or absorb alcohol is the small intestine.
Although bread isn't exactly a solution for hangover, having a full stomach before drinking alcohol actually helps in slowing down the process of delivering alcohol to the small intestine. This might mean it will take longer for you to get drunk.
When you have eaten a heavy meal, your body will automatically signal your stomach to thoroughly process the food. Part of that process is the closing of the pyloric sphincter, a valve-like structure within the digestive tract that serves as the gateway between the stomach and the small intestine.
The pyloric sphincter will remain tightly closed until the stomach is fully done with processing your five Cheeseburgers. Because the majority of the stomach's focus is on the food, and because the sphincter is closed, the alcohol you drink thereafter will stay in the stomach for a relatively longer time. And that means, the chemicals or substances in the alcohol that cause you to get intoxicated or drunk will have to wait a little longer before they will be absorbed by the small intestine, enter your bloodstream and circulate your body.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Nuance, Michael J., Nate Pepperell