Get a Man to Propose with Home Cooked Meals
Edited by Donna, Eng, Alma
Showing off your cooking skills is one way to get your man in the mood for romance, and it is also a way to convince a newer boyfriend that you might make a great mate for life. Males are naturally attracted to women who can cook, and they are also more likely to marry a woman, who's nurturing and domestic, just like his mom. Furthermore, these meals do not have to be all that exotic, just familiar and redolent of the smells that remind him of times he might be nostalgic for, when eating a lot of butter at was not taboo and it was okay to have a dish smothered in cheese, buttery sauces or gravy.
How to Make Home-Prepared Meals That Will Make Him Feel so Loved and Comfortable
He will be ready to propose marriage or at least be committed to making you his love goddess for a very long time.
- 1This snack qualifies as being an aphrodisiac because the oysters and the garlic contain zinc, which facilitates male arousal. The bacon is decadent, greasy and tasty and he will associate it with comfort food. To make, wrap 12 pieces of bacon around 12 smoked oyster sand pin each wrap together with a toothpick. In a skillet, heat ¼ of a cup of vegetable oil with three tablespoons of freshly minced garlic. Cook the wrapped oysters until the bacon is crisp and serve with a good Canadian cider.Make Oysters in Blankets and serve with a big glass of chilled apple cider.Advertisement
- 2Also sometimes called a marriage-saver casserole this dish is a bit naughty and taboo simply because it contains Doritos and a lot of cheese. It will also fill him up to the extent that he is so satiated that he will not have much energy for doing much else but staying home and cuddling with you. To make this decadent snack, cook one pound of ground beef with two onions and six cloves of garlic. Add a third cup of water and a packet of taco seasoning. Then add 1 cup of sour cream, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a cup of Tex Mex cheese and swirl it all together. Spread a cup of Nacho Cheese Doritos in the bottom of a two-quart casserole dish. Top with some of the beef mixture. Add another layer of Doritos and top that layer with the Doritos layer again. Repeat again and then bake the Doritos casserole in the oven for twenty minutes, until the cheese is bubbling. When cooled a bit, l top with generous blobs of sour cream, a cup shredded lettuce, a cup of chopped tomatoes and a half of a cup black olives.Make a Layered Doritos Casserole and serve with his favorite beer.Advertisement
- 3This works as a homey, seductive food because the cheese is very gooey and the onions are a natural aphrodisiac that fills the gut up in a warm, comforting way. In a large soup pot, combine eight sliced yellow onions half a cup of white wine, two cups of water, a ¼ stick of salted butter, one California Bay Leaf, three sprigs of fresh thyme, a teaspoon of salt and a half-teaspoon of black pepper. Let everything fry lightly in the butter and add four cups of beef broth, half a cup of white wine and two cups of water. Simmer for an hour to meld all the flavors together and then ladle the soup into fireproof ceramic soup bowls. Top each filled soup bowl with a single slice of French bread that is then topped with two heaping tablespoons of grated Gruyere cheese. Broil the soup in the oven for three to five minutes, until the bread is toasted and the cheese is hot and bubbly.Make a French Onion Soup topped with Toasted French Bread and Melted Gruyere Cheese.
- 4This is a very simple yet decadent meal, but it contains foods that are a bit taboo, such as the salty corned beef, huge slabs of cheese and bottled Thousand Islands dressing. Butter both sides of two huge slabs of fresh sourdough bread and layer with two tablespoons of bottled Thousand Islands Dressing, a half pound to a pound of ground beef, a cup of sauerkraut and two slices of Swiss cheese. Secure the sandwich with an askew toothpick so it does not fall apart in the pan. In a big saucepan to which you have added three heaping tablespoons of butter, grill this sandwich, the way you would a regular grilled cheese, flipping it over and making sure the cheese is nicely melted and that the meat is very warm. Serve with a big kosher dill pickle.Make a Grilled Reuben Sandwich on rye bread with a big pickle on the side.
- 5This dish is seductive because of the very carnal smell of the beef and wine cooking together for hours on end. He will feel special when you make this, as the dish is reminiscent of special occasions, such as weddings and trips to lavish buffets. In a cast-iron skillet, fry up six diced slices of bacon, and 3 pounds of cubed chuck roast or round roast cut. Sear the meat with the bacon for about six minutes and then transfer it to a crockpot. Add two cups of red wine and two medium diced yellow onions, three medium carrots, three stalks of celery, two cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste one cup of beef broth and one tablespoon of bacon grease to the pan. Add four sprigs of fresh thyme, one bay leaf and a pound of sliced white button mushrooms. Cook the ingredients in the crockpot on low for 7-8 hours, season to taste, and then serve over boiled flat egg noodles. Serve with generously buttered large torn-up pieces of French bread.Make a Slow-Cooked Boeuf Bourguignon Over Egg Noodles and serve it with a crust of soft French bread and a glass of red wine.
- 6This painstaking dish is totally worth peeling all of the garlic cloves because it is so gluttonous in a way. Furthermore, garlic, despite its smell, is a known classic aphrodisiac and assists with sexual performance. This dish is about the smell, a mix of butter and garlic that is irresistible and it also takes a great deal of labor, which tells the man that he is valued and worth it. There is also sensuality to spreading the melted, roasted garlic on French bread. Start off by stuffing a raw chicken with one whole lemon cut in half, a cup of butter and a handful of chopped parsley or rosemary or both. Peel 100 garlic cloves and stuff them inside of the cavity of the raw chicken. Set the garlic-stuffed chicken in a roasting pan filled with a half of a cup of chicken broth. Bake the chicken at 400 degrees (20 minutes per pound) for an hour being sure to baste the chicken with the delicious drippings at the bottom of the pan. When it is ready, serve it with the French bread and a butter knife, as the garlic will be soft and spreadable. Serving this dish with a very fine white or red wine is also highly recommended to compliment the buttery taste.Make Roast Chicken With 100 Cloves of Garlic served with fresh Crusty French Bread.
- 7The nutmeg, coriander leaves, cardamom seeds, cloves and mace in this recipe are known aphrodisiacs because their heat speeds up the circulation in the body. The cashew nut paste and sesame seeds in this recipe also help to boost both male and female libidos. Chop up a whole raw chicken into eight pieces. Mix a tablespoon of ginger paste, a tablespoon of garlic paste, a cup of chopped onions, two chopped red chilies, four tablespoons of sesame seeds, a teaspoon of turmeric, 5 tablespoons of garlic paste, 1 cup of Dahl and two dashes of nutmeg powder. Add a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Leave the chicken in this marinade for half an hour. Heat ghee (clarified butter) in a big skillet and add 5 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamom, five cloves, 1 stick of cinnamon, 1 bay lea and a pinch of mace. Fry the spices in the ghee until warm and then add two cups of water. Add the chicken, the marinade, six potatoes cut into chunks and one cup of chopped onions to the skillet and finish it all with a squeezed lemon juice. Simmer the mixture until the chicken and vegetables are tender and serve with warmed roti bread.Make an authentic Indian Korma Chicken Curry Dish served with warmed roti bread.
- 8This dessert is very silky and sensual in texture and chocolate affects brain chemistry, by triggering the release of endorphins. Combine 2/3 cup of sugar, a quarter of a cup of cocoa, three tablespoons of cornstarch, 2 cups of milk, two tablespoons of butter or margarine, a pinch of salt and one teaspoon of vanilla extract in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture boils and then pour into dessert dishes. You can serve pudding warm or cold, with the whipped cream on top, but you do get a firmer pudding if it is chilled.Make a creamy chocolate milk pudding topped with whipped cream.
- 9Oatmeal, chocolate and peanut butter all qualify as comfort foods, reminding your male of the hearty treats he had during more youthful, stress-free times. Chocolate is also a known aphrodisiac that contains antioxidants that can improve your mood. In a large saucepan, combine two cups of rolled oats, two cups of sugar, eight tablespoons of unsalted butter, one-third of a cup cocoa powder, half of a cup of milk, a half-cup of creamy peanut butter. Stir everything together until the oatmeal is cooked and the mixture is thick. Drop heaping tablespoonful of the oatmeal mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill in the freezer for about fifteen minutes, until the cookies are firm and then serve with a big glass of milk.Make No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies and serve them with a big glass of milk.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Make as much food as you can ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator, so that you can focus on him unless he is the type who likes to sit in the kitchen and watch you cook
- Cheat if you must, by going to a local market and picking up take-out food, but be sure to take it out of its plastic tray and personalize it somehow with spices, and additional ingredient or a garnish and then place it on one of your own platters to serve
- If you do not want to make your own onion soup, Baxters makes a high quality canned onion soup that is not too salty
- If you find Gruyere cheese to be too expensive, you can use grated Mozzarella cheese in the onion soup
- If you do not have beef broth, you can often get away with substituting chicken broth in the onion soup and Beef Bourguignon
- Pinot Noir or Burgundy wines go best in Beef Bourguignon
- Beef Bourguignon can also be served over mashed potatoes
- To keep his heart healthy, use low-sodium plain tortillas instead of nacho-flavored Doritos in the Layered Doritos Casserole
- Note that when making Chicken Stuffed With 100 garlic cloves that you can also leave the garlic cloves outside of the chicken instead of putting them in the cavity.
- Garam masala, the basis of a good curry, can be bought as premix in Indian specialty markets and a quality garam masala will contain green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and mace
- The chicken korma dish can also be served over rice or potatoes
- You don't have to make the chocolate pudding from scratch as buy it pre-made for convenience but remember the point is to have the alluring aroma of the hot sugar, milk, and cocoa wafting through your place when he is over
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Get a Man to Propose with Home Cooked Meals. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Get_a_Man_to_Propose_with_Home_Cooked_Meals
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Get a Man to Propose with Home Cooked Meals." VisiHow, visihow.com/Get_a_Man_to_Propose_with_Home_Cooked_Meals Accessed 26 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Get a Man to Propose with Home Cooked Meals." Accessed May 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Get_a_Man_to_Propose_with_Home_Cooked_Meals.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna