Get a Busy Boyfriend's Attention
Edited by Christine dela Cruz, Anonymous, Eng, Lynn and 17 others
Do you always struggle with your boyfriend's schedule? Do you always feel he does not have enough time for you? You may need to be the one to make adjustments to handle the relationship challenges.
- 1 What Guys Usually Hate When They Are Busy
- 2 How to Get a Busy Boyfriend's Attention
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 How to Handle Busy Boyfriend?
- 3.2 Hi, every night my boyfriend is always tired?
- 3.3 How can I arrange a time to see him?
- 3.4 Boyfriend has had an operation, and we haven't met since?
- 3.5 My Boyfriend is a very busy man?
- 3.6 My boyfriend is ignoring me? What can I do?
- 3.7 What must I do if my boyfriend is doing this because I'm so involved with him?
- 3.8 He is always busy with work or books?
- 3.9 My boy friend ignores me always and neglet to spend time with me even on texting or call?
- 3.10 Busy boyfriend please help I don't know what to do?
- 3.11 My boyfriend loves me so much but since few days he is very busy that he don't even text or call me?
- 3.12 How to address him for not keeping to arrangements?
- 3.13 My boyfriend is always busy at work, he is an engineer, I am so sad with his business
- 3.14 I have a husband (over 19 years), I married my cousin brother, but recently my husband's brother and myself got into a relation and once we shared the bed that time he said he has been waiting for the past 20 years for me and he loves me since his 16 years till today, so I accept his love but after sharing the bed he left me but I am unable to leave him, can you suggest a better way or what should I do I love my husband and his brother?
- 3.15 I want my boyfriend back in my life. I want to catch his attention again. I want to create that spark again?
- 3.16 Long distance relationship and lack of communication?
- 3.17 I don't know whether he needs me or not. He is asking time and makes distance between us. Ignoring my calls, takes more hours to reply me. He told me that he is fed up with his job, don't know what to do, help me
- 3.18 How do I get my needs fulfilled?
- 4 Comments
What Guys Usually Hate When They Are Busy
- 1Insensitive Women.Guys hate it when their girlfriends do not seem to understand that they are busy with something else. They like women who understand and embrace the fact that their world does not only revolve around each other.Advertisement
- 2Having to deal with things that are petty for them.It is crucial that a girlfriend understands the difference between what is most important for her boyfriend and things considered to be of little significance. When a guy is extremely busy, he hates it all the more, when he is bothered by things he considers to be unimportant.Advertisement
- 3Not being given the opportunity to be on their own to solve their problems.Men are born to be problem solvers, and they like doing so, without having to rely on women, therefore, they hate it when they are forced to share their problems.
- 4Shopping.This is one thing a lot of men hate, whether or not they are busy. For them, shopping should not take that long. Get there, buy what you need, get out. If it takes too long, they feel it's a waste of time.
How to Get a Busy Boyfriend's Attention
- 1Show him that you understand he is busy, and you won't force him to spend time with you.Make him feel that you genuinely understand the situation and that you are not questioning the way he spends time on other matters. This is a lot more attractive for guys, and you will indeed earn his respect and attention when you do this. Men are usually attracted to mature women, and this particular attitude is a clear reflection of maturity.Advertisement
- 2Observe his schedule and try to approach him only at times that are reasonable.There will always be times during the day that he will be available, such as lunch or dinnertime. Avoid bothering him during regular work hours or other times when he is normally preoccupied. It may also help if you ask him about his schedule so you have a better understanding of how to handle the situation.
- 3Be in control of your circumstances and situation and spend time on important matters.No matter how busy your boyfriend may be, he will not be able to help, but he will notice and appreciate that you are in charge of your life. This is indeed an effortless way to attract the attention of your boyfriend. Live your life and let him do the same, and you will notice that you will have more opportunities to spend time with each other. Independence is attractive, and so is not blaming your boyfriend for your unhappiness or boredom.
- 4Provide support in a non-intrusive way.Your boyfriend may need your help from time to time. Make him feel that you are available to help, but do not do so in a way that makes him feel you are watching his every move. Be available, but at the same time, give him the space he needs.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
How to Handle Busy Boyfriend?
This cannot be avoided, especially if your boyfriend has a successful career. It is also just fair if you will allow him just to deal with his own career. You should not try to interfere, because he won't appreciate it. There has to be space left in any relationship for one to grow on his own and experience life on his own. It does not have to be about the two of you all the time.
If he is busy, just give him the space he needs. Do not bother him or act hurt that he does not have time for you. If anything, this is the time that he needs your understanding the most. You can also use this time to deal with your own personal matters. You will be surprised that after his schedule becomes lighter, you will be the first one that he will connect with.
Hi, every night my boyfriend is always tired?
Hi, every night my boyfriend is always tired...every time he texts me, he always says that he is tired already and waves his goodnight, and I love you....what should I do about this? I feel so bored. He doesn't even bother to ask how I am? He is always busy.
Unfortunately, this is a common issue within relationships. If you are truly dedicated to this individual, you will try to find ways to spend time with one another. For example, watching movies at the end of the night with one another, or simply cuddling and reading. If the issue is that he is too tired to hang out with you at the end of the day, try to make time with him before he goes to work, or runs errands. Waiting until the weekend to spend time together is also a good idea if he has to work all week. Try to be very understanding. If you were the one tired wouldn't it make you feel better to see your other half wasn't frustrated with you? And lastly, take into consideration that he may also have a health problem (lack of iron, etc), and recommend a doctor visit, which in return could be beneficial to the both of you.
How can I arrange a time to see him?
He's always traveling, with family or practicing for his competitive sport.
Planning time with your boyfriend/girlfriend can be difficult, especially when you both have busy schedules. Make sure that you both put forth an effort to see and spend time with one another, however, if you are the only one trying to make time, it could be pointless. First, provide him with a list of things you both could do (movies, walks, etc), and the different times you have open to do them with him. If he rejects every opening, ask him to make the plans. Then you will see if he makes the effort to spend time with you, and whether or not it is worth your while.
See more questions like this: What should I do when he doesn't have time for me in those days
Boyfriend has had an operation, and we haven't met since?
Boyfriend had an operation - serious one at the beginning of Jan. Recovery hasn't been easy, but he is now back at work and driving again. However, we talk 2 to 3 times a day and text a lot, but he hasn't suggested meeting up again. We've been together 3.5 years.
Recovery from any operation can be considerably long and challenging. In this circumstance, where he has not tried to see you since the operation, it seems that there might be a little bit more of a challenge for him than you might think. It may be possible he is nervous that you might see him differently because of the operation, or he is nervous you may be "grossed out." Asking him why he hasn't wanted to see you can be a good start or trying to involve him in plans once again. Considering how long you have been together, with simple communication, this should be a small obstacle to overcome.
My Boyfriend is a very busy man?
Hello, My boyfriend is a very busy man, how do I cope not feeling forgotten.
There are two ways: working with him, which psychologists do not recommend doing, or preoccupy yourself so much (with hobbies or work) that you do not feel how the time flies. You can also have a lot of friends to support you, and make sure to get out with them. Always exchange correspondence (messages, letters, calls, etc.) with him whenever it is possible.
My boyfriend is ignoring me? What can I do?
My boyfriend is ignoring me, I say I want to end this relationship, he replies No. Please No, but I say No, that is my last decision.
If that is what you truly feel and you are ready to end the relationship, then you should not be worried about him ignoring you. That is the ideal situation for two people to move on after ending things. So ignore his answer and inform him then that this is your final decision, you will not talk to and see him anymore as it is your choice, and he will not limit your freedom. Do not engage in conversations after that. He may say nonsense about you to your friends. Do not react to that. Just move on and take the step into the next chapter of your life.
What must I do if my boyfriend is doing this because I'm so involved with him?
We are on a distance relationship but not that far, the problem is that when I call him, he sometimes doesn't pick up, or he will say I will call you back, but he won't return my calls, when we are sometimes chatting, he doesn't reply but his online. I'm starting to lose interest.
The best advice I could give you would be to attempt to have a serious conversation about your relationship with him. Find out if you are both on the same page in your relationship, and to see if you both want the same things. Inform him how you feel about him constantly leaving calls unanswered, and not answering your messages when you can see that he is still online. You may also want to tell him that because of this, you are beginning to lose interest. The outcome will either make him re-think his position about how he has been treating you, or it will give you the answers you were looking for. Either way a healthy relationship needs open communication.
He is always busy with work or books?
He is a new boyfriend and he is always busy with work or books, he said it will be okay after the exams in two weeks. He doesn't call or text, he only responds to my text very well and he always say he loves me, he is 43
Your concern is valid, although you may have to take into consideration that he does have exams in two weeks. This should be a sign that he is dedicated to his schooling and is trying to achieve something for himself. For the next few weeks, while he is preparing for his exams, you can always ask if he needs any help or even just help getting his mind off the exams for a little bit. It is very important that you are understanding with him for the next few weeks. It will show him that you also take into consideration his goals and feelings. However, once his exams are complete, and you find he is still not making any time for you, you may want to see if something is off.
My boy friend ignores me always and neglet to spend time with me even on texting or call?
He is living far away from my place. So we can't regularly meet so we keep in touch with mobile calls and SMS. But he never bothers to text me!! I have to call or text me every time, but he not much bother even to reply me!! After some days, only he answers me and talk without any feelings. I don't know whether he loves me or not but I love him truly more and more.
Unfortunately, this happens sometimes with long distance relationships. You may have to sit back and ask yourself if this is the kind of person you want to be in a relationship with. You may want to talk to him, when it is convenient for the both of you, and try to find out if something is wrong, or if there is a simple miscommunication between you. If you do this, and there still is no change in the relationship, you may have to take measures into your hands and decide whether to leave the relationship or stay.
See more questions like this: My long distance boyfriend is a full time dad of 3 boys?
Busy boyfriend please help I don't know what to do?
Boyfriend is busy all time and no time for me. Scolds me when I bother, says I don't understand and that I hurt him. Please help me deal with him. Sometimes he won't reply and gets annoyed. Worst... blocks!
Give him space. Send encouragement his way instead of asking when you are going to see him. Do not take it to heart if he does not reply right away. Spend more time doing things that you are interested in to help with feeling so lonely.
See more questions like this: Please help, what I can do with my boyfriend who doesn't want me to go to his house like he used before?
My boyfriend loves me so much but since few days he is very busy that he don't even text or call me?
I am in relationship since the past five months, initially my boyfriend pays me lots of attention but since past few days I am unable to get that attention which I used to get earlier in my initial days, He hardly even calls.
If this is new behavior, and he does not have a solid explanation, your relationship may be about to end. Ask him why he is so busy and if you do not feel comfortable with his answer or he gets defensive, then you need to start thinking about what could really be going on. He may have found someone else for instance.
See more questions like this: What do I do with my controlling boyfriend that chooses the days we are going to be together each week?
How to address him for not keeping to arrangements?
He is busy, has plenty going on, he acknowledges that there are things that happen preventing us from seeing each other so he is aware its not right, he has apologized. Yet the very next day the same happened and he had to cancel coffee, he would have stopped by after the meeting in the afternoon and did not even call. When I sent a message at 7 to say hope he was not still at the meeting and that all was OK, that I would be out at an art exhibition he replied he had just arrived home and was feeding the dogs quickly. I know he would have suggested coming over, but again this would have been on his terms and as it suits him.
Cancelling several times should make you wonder if he really respects you and your relationship. Men sometimes need to feel in control and this may be a way for him to control your relationship. Suggest that until he has time to fully give you, he should not make plans with you. This does not mean that he does not see you, instead tell him that when he can see you, he needs to contact you to see if you are available. Turn the tables and see how he reacts. You may be surprised to see that you suddenly become a priority.
My boyfriend is always busy at work, he is an engineer, I am so sad with his business
I have a boyfriend, he is 26 years old, it is only 3 months since we started our relationship, I love him so much, he is an engineer, now he is doing businesses, such as subcontracting in construction field, he is studying still for the degree. At the beginning, he loved me a lot, because of his business, I miss him a lot, how can I act in these situations?. I have tried: Sometimes I do not message him to express my love towards him, I told him to stop our relationship also. I think it was caused by: His job
Trying to grow in your career can cause strain on a relationship. Before, he had lots of time to devote to you, but now that he is working, he feels divided. You miss him, which is understandable, so let him know that you miss him and can't wait until you can spend more time with him. Support him emotionally as he starts his career and be patient and understanding. It will not be easy for you, but if you are meant to be together, it will be worth it.
I feel my husband's brother used me, after his use he left me, what will I do?
If you love your husband, you need to work on your relationship with him. A man that would sleep with his brother's wife does not have a moral compass and he absolutely did use you. Think about that and use that anger to get over him. If he had really loved you he would not have done this to you or his brother.
See more questions like this: I need to spy on my cheating husband but I can not get access to his phone?
I want my boyfriend back in my life. I want to catch his attention again. I want to create that spark again?
Actually the problem is started after his birthday, he changed his room and didn't tell me about it. After that he started maintaining distance, whenever I ask him about this, he always says that he is tensed because of his job problems, he even didn't come to meet me. Every time he talks to me, he is like talking forcefully. Please help me!!!! I need him back
You can't make someone want to be with you. What you can do is show how much you love him, despite his recent attitude, and hopefully he will soften towards you again.
See more questions like this: How do I get his attention without upsetting him?
Long distance relationship and lack of communication?
Hi. I met a guy 4 months back in a church we both visited. He is in Swaziland and I'm in south Africa. In the beginning he used to call me twice a day sometimes once. He is a lawyer by profession, so I understand he is busy. He text every time he gets a chance. But always text me every night. He doesn't call these days. He once came to south Africa to meet with me. We chose a central place and we met there. He then asked me to do a passport so that I can visit him. I did the passport and I just got it. He says I should visit when he closes for December holidays so that we can spend quality time together. He always says " I love and adore you big time, for real." Should I be worried that he isn't calling me? If I call he answers and always happy to hear from me. He says work is hectic because they are about to close. But can't wait to see me. He sends me money all the time to get anything I need. Should I be worried?. I have tried: I have tried not to text to give him his space. And he always be the first to text me. Because its easy to text in court but not call. I think it was caused by: He got an accident a week before he stopped calling and his office also caught fire. He was always texting and updating me with pictures of the car and the office. And he had to get a new office. So maybe relocating had been hectic
There is nothing other than he is busy right now relocating and recovering from his accident. He stated to you that he loves hearing from you and wants to see you for the holidays so look forward to that. It is tough when you are in a long distance relationship and you can't just drive over to speak in person. Relax.
See more questions like this: Does he really want a relationship or am I worried for nothing?
I don't know whether he needs me or not. He is asking time and makes distance between us. Ignoring my calls, takes more hours to reply me. He told me that he is fed up with his job, don't know what to do, help me
Actually I am an orphan girl. I have no relations and my parents are dead..so he came to my life and brightened it. He helped me move away from my ex boyfriend who made me more troubles and hesitate me, so this guy was my every thing. He feeds me cause I have no job and still I am a student.. Now he doesn't make me feel better about our relationship... What should I do it's our 3rd year.. Please help me please, I can't live without him. He is my strength. I can't move on with my works without him. Please I am waiting your advises
Most likely he is feeling stress about his job and taking his frustrations out on your relationship. You have been together for three years so he is emotionally invested in your relationship. Ask him if there is anything you can do to take some pressure off of him. Explain to him that he has supported you in the past and now you want to support him.
How do I get my needs fulfilled?
My boyfriend is always busy at a very labor intensive job and usually too tired after he gets off. I try to be understanding and work with him but when do I get my needs met? I have a busy life too and always make time for him, when will he makes time for me?. I have tried: Giving him space. Texting him only when he texts me or before he goes to work.. I think it was caused by: His new job is very busy.
Making changes like a new job can be exhausting until one gets into their new routine. Give him a few weeks to get adjusted, and if things have not changed, ask him to make time for you. Sometimes guys do not even notice they are ignoring their women. Everyone has different needs and a relationship means compromising for the good of the relationship. Hopefully you will figure out what the balance is for you to be happy.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: fdtyghrth67hh, Maria, johnvicker