Get Your Kids to Eat Their Vegetables
Edited by Maria Sharon Ubando, Anonymous, Eng, Lynn and 1 other
It is almost always a struggle getting kids to eat veggies. We all know the health benefits our children can get from them, but the taste is not really that attractive at times. So what can you do to get them to like vegetables? That's the million dollar question. If you are willing to try, you can victoriously convince and persuade them to like vegetables.
Here are some of the million dollar tips for you:
Teach Kids to Love Vegetables With These Tips
- 1Practice what you preach.If kids see you eating and enjoying vegetables yourself, they will be more likely to love it as well. Also, do not give them so many options on the table, and this will leave them no other option but to learn to eat vegetables. So if you want them to start liking veggies, show them how to do it. It could also help if you bring them along when you go shop for vegetables.Advertisement
- 2Let them be your little helpers.Kids love to help their moms with kitchen stuff like cooking, so teach them to appreciate the importance of vegetables by getting them involved in the food preparation. They can give you a hand in the kitchen, like washing the vegetables or handing you something while cooking. While they are helping, do not forget to explain to them the benefits of eating vegetables.Advertisement
- 4Be more creative in food preparation.Besides color, kids also love to see something new and different on their table, so let that imagination work. You may want to have a very nice plating where, besides putting some color, vegetables in different shapes and forms are added. Have heart-shaped carrots with star-shaped potatoes and see wait how that may change their appetite.
Tips in Vegetable Preparation
- 1Always wash vegetables properly.It is best to wash them with running water.Advertisement
- 2Always teach your kids about safety.When they have to pare or slice some vegetables, show them the safe way of handling sharp kitchen tools.
- 3Keep kids away from hot surfaces while in the kitchen.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.