Get Started with your Apple TV
Edited by Grimm, Zack, Eng
Hi, you're watching VisiHow, and we've just connected our new Apple TV to the actual TV. What we're going to do now is go ahead and get things set up. We are starting out with our remote control and the Apple TV control.
- 2As you can see, there's a black wheel on the remote control, with a button in the center. Let me get a little light very quickly and I'll show you that. See here? So, this is our remote control. It's a very simple device.One you've made your selection, you press the center button on your remote control.Advertisement
- 15As you can see, which I'll try and demonstrate, on the bottom where my hand is pointing is movies. Then we have TV Shows, Music, iTunes Radio, Computers, and a whole selection of things that we'll go through one by one. Just pay attention to the one that has the white box around it because that's the active one, and that's the one I'll be talking about as I explain the Apple TV to you.So here, I have a selection of top movies.
- 18If you simply press and hold Select, which again is the silver button inside of the round one, it will start moving around just like the icons on an iPhone do. And then you can move it around by using the directional button, and pressing Play or Pause for more options with it.Additionally, you can go down to Netflix, and when you start moving around for the first time, you'll be given the option to Arrange Main Menu Items.
- 21As it's new, there's nothing pre-programmed. But the more I use it, the more it will begin offering up things that it believes I'd like, based on my preferences.Next, I can select Music and different music things will pop up, allowing me to select from a wide range of music depending on what my interests are.
- 31It's initial functions are working, and we'll have a series of videos later on the more advance functions and the things you can do with it. Thank you for choosing VisiHow. We hope you've enjoyed watching pocoyo, and have a great day!As you can see, I've got the Apple TV all set up.Advertisement
Video: Get Started with your Apple TV
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Get Started with your Apple TV. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Get_Started_with_your_Apple_TV
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Get Started with your Apple TV." VisiHow, visihow.com/Get_Started_with_your_Apple_TV Accessed 26 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Get Started with your Apple TV." Accessed Apr 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Get_Started_with_your_Apple_TV.
Categories : Apple TV
Recent edits by: Zack, Grimm