Get Salon Treated Soft Hair at Home
Edited by Anonymous, Graeme, Lynn, Rob and 1 other
Are you one of those who steps out of a salon after an expensive hair treatment and wishes your hair would remain as such forever? But then your hair gets back to its normal self within a day or two? Our strands can make or break our personalities. Healthy hair that shines is every girl's dream. Now you can get it at home!!
You just have to follow some simple steps prior to shampooing your hair. Remember shampooing and conditioning in a proper way is also very important. The correct way is included in the following steps:
- 1Mix olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, and any other oil of your preference in equal quantities.If different oils are not handy at the moment, any one oil that suits you best can also do.Advertisement
- 2Heat the mixture until warm.Advertisement
- 3Work this oil mix into your hair.Make sure each strand is oiled from root to tip. Leave it for for 15 minutes.
- 4Now dip a Turkish towel in hot water, squeeze and wrap your head with it.Repeat a couple of times when the towel gets cold.
- 5Now shampoo your hair with a gentle shampoo and warm water.While rinsing the shampoo off, don't rub your hair vigorously. Gently let the water flow through it.
- 6Apply conditioner on you hair from mid length to tip.Comb a flat hairbrush through your hair after applying conditioner to ensure not to leave out any section of your hair. Let it remain for one to two minutes, then rinse off as stated in the previous step.
- 7Wrap your head with a dry towel for a few minutes instead of rubbing your hair with it.
- 8Take one or two drops of hair oil (you can use serum too, but I like to go as natural as possible), rub it on your palm and apply to towel dried hair.Let the hair dry naturally.
Repeat once every 10 days for soft and shining tresses that you will love to play with!!
If oil is not your thing, you can alternatively use a HAIR MASK for the same results.
For this you will need-
- 12 overripe bananas
- 21 tbsp.yogurt
- 31 tbsp.honey
- 41 pinch fenugreek seeds soaked in water for about half an hour prior to preparing the mask.
Put all the ingredients in a jar and blend until smooth.
Follow these steps for application of the mask:
- 1Divide your hair into different areas with the help of a comb and apply the mask with a brush.If you are using your hands, make sure you comb each section for even application.
- 2Pull all your hair on top of your head and wear a shower cap to avoid dripping.
- 3Let the mask remain for 20 minutes.
- 4Follow with a shampoo.Repeat steps 5-8 of the previous method.
- 5Apply this mask every 15 days for better results.Advertisement
P.S. Don't underestimate the power of eating healthy. Include fruits and vegetables high in iron content for naturally shining hair.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Rob, Lynn, Graeme