Get SEO for your website
Edited by Ephraim, Charmed, Maria, Eng and 1 other
This article will be on how you can get SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for your website. With these steps you can successfully use your SEO option to gain more traffic and exposure for your website or even your blog which you are creating or have already had created. A lot of the top websites use this tool in order to optimize their website and get them to the top ranks in a fast way over the average websites created, so this tool will have a bigger success rate for your website to be found.
- 1Create your full quality pieces for your website which should support the reason and mission of your website. Remember that when creating your content that you are doing it for your viewers and not for the search engines (yet), the thing that will keep your website up and running are the viewers that you will receive on your website aka your traffic. So your first step is to get your content published to gain your traffic and viewers then seek the approval of a search engine to optimize your website. A good strategy to put to use is content that will be wanted to share amongst your reader i.e. Facebook, twitter and all other forms of social networks which will also generate more traffic to your site.The first to all that has to do with getting your website noticed and approved will be for you to put great and original content into your website.Advertisement
- 2This will work hand in hand with whomever you choose to get the both of your sites noticed. By giving your link to a website that has steady traffic, viewers will see your link and may click on it to get you views or traffic to your site. Also the site of your choosing will also gain something from this deal for the traffic on your site will help generate views or traffic for them. You can also visit client pages to do this to provide yourself and the client with back links.Visit websites in order to get them to promote links to your website as well as theirs on your site for promotion purposes.Advertisement
- 3Also if you choose to use pictures on your site ensure to include captions and descriptions of those pieces of content. This will help the search engines fully review and recognize all of the content on your page for review purposes. Use key words on your page to also make the content on your page searchable through your search engine.All the content on your page will need to be in tip top shape and fully described for the search engines to pick up on them as content.
- 4If you have links that are not fully set up on your site then the search engines will not approve of your site to be optimized or better yet will not be able to make the content following that link searchable in their search engine so ensure that the link structure of your page is perfect.The links on your site need to be perfect and easy to use around your website, for search engines check these links to see where they go and if they go to their destination smoothly.
- 5When a search engine runs through your pages they will pick up on word count and how many keywords can be used in order to make your content better searchable. So in a nutshell the more word count and content on each page will give you a better chance of getting optimized by the search engine.Every page of content you have on your page needs to have a certain amount of word count in order to attract readers and also the search engines.
- 6Even if it is not plagiarized make sure that you have a different concept than the other sites of the same nature as yours to be safe. By having original content will make your content unique to the search engines.When creating the content for your page ensures that you are not posting content that has already been posted by another site.
Getting your site optimized
Should be simple when following the steps above, each step is important to getting your site optimized quickly and surely.
Improving SEO Rankings
- 1First you will to make the decision on exactly what you want to be searched on by the search engines to decide which keywords will be most effective for your site. Google keywords will help you the best to figure out the most searched words pertaining to your site which will boost your search ratings indefinitely. If you are having a hard time determine which words to use in your website you can in fact consult a search engine optimizing specialist.Utilize keywords to input into your site in order to be searched on search engines.Advertisement
- 2It important to still use special keywords pertaining to your site instead of using words that will not be related to your site, but at the same time using words with less competition. Also while choosing the right keywords make sure that you use words that are being searched by others to gain attraction o search engines.Use target keywords that will offer the less competition amongst other websites that are using keywords that may be used for the same content on their site as your site.
- 3It is important to think of words that others will not think of when searching your site on purpose such as sleeper words that are used but not high competition among other sites. The best ways to do this will also be to input keywords that are not completely relevant to the site in particular so that you can gain a wider audience.Choose keywords that will help your site besides the obvious keywords that pertain to your website.
- 4Some websites use more keywords for search engines instead of focusing on the visitors which will harm the site in being searched. Whatever words used in the content should be original and not based on solely getting the attention of the search engines. If you do chose to use keywords to gain search engine attention then it is important that you place the words into the content on the site as natural as possible.Keep your mind on the user rather than trying to come up with keywords to gain the attention of the search engines.
- 5If you place the same titles and content on every page then the search engine will not recognize your site for all of the content except one being that all the pages are alike and similar. The idea is to get the search engines to recognize every page of your site as individual to gain more views and rankings rather than having the search engines recognize your site as on big page. The two most important titles or tags in your website will be the "title tag" and the "Meta tags". The title tag will be the first thing that search engines recognize on your site so it is important to have different titles on each of your individual pages to gain the max number of searches to your page through search engines. The second important tag will be the META tag or basically your description on the page which is not as important as the title tags but also play a part in being searched. The reason behind the descriptions not being as important is because not all search engines actually bring up the descriptions anymore when someone is searching on the search engines but this does not mean that you still shouldn't have unique descriptions on your pages for some search engines actually do present your descriptions when certain things are being searched through their engines. Yahoo, Google and MSN are the sites who do not necessarily present the descriptions of the sites but other engines such as Bing, Ask and other low ranking search engines display the descriptions as well as the titles on their search engines.Ensure that all the pages on your website have unique titles and content on them in order to bring your content out uniquely over other websites that produce the same content as your site.
- 7In your site map put the options out there plainly as to not confuse people when they visit your site, the more plain instructions the better for people to grasp and understand and once they get the full understanding of how to navigate around the site it will help them to maneuver easier and easier each time they visit the site boosting possible their want to stay on the site to view all of its content.Make your site map easy to use by not only search engines but also people who will visit the site for if the site is not usable by people then it will push away heavy amounts of traffic.
- 8Create a logo for your site or business and display it as much as possible on your pages of social networking, once you have built up enough views on your social network for your site you can then create a site only profile for a social networking site. After you have created your sites network profile page add people to your friends list or at least followers it will not matter who at this point just how many for any type of exposure can bring potential traffic and thus increasing your rankings with your search engines. Use every social network possible, blogs or even other peoples sites just to get your brand and name out there for people to see.Advertising is the next thing that you will need to do for your site, even though there are a lot of advertising companies you can pay to promote your content the best non expensive way to perform this is through the use of social networking.
- 9Nothing will bring someone to your site more than them believing that they can gain something simply by visiting the site for a short period of time. When starting these offers ensure to have them cover a couple of days or even weeks to constantly have the people visit daily to win a prize. In this day in age it doesn't matter what the prize is as long as it is something that people will want being school supplies, tickets, coupons and etc. Radio stations even use these offers to gain listeners and promote so it will work for websites as well.Promote different things on your website to bring in traffic to increase your rankings such as sweepstakes, promo offers and prizes.
- 10Pay to click businesses offer you the traffic needed to help boost your site for a different number of fees but also puts your site in risk for it is frowned upon by many search engines. There is nothing wrong with the old fashion way of gaining traffic slowly and safely versus the quick way that can not only harm your site but also all the effort and funds you have put into your site.Stay away from pay to click businesses online for they will give you a short term boost but also a world of worries to your site.Advertisement
- Stay away from pay to click businesses for they will harm your site rather than help your site in the big picture of gaining traffic and rankings
- Keep your site original rather than creating other sites that are exact replicas of each other
- Use plagiarism checkers in order to ensure that your content on your site is %100 unique so that your sites content does not get confused with any other content from other sites
- Label all links on your site and never have any links set to default spelling as all default links will show the same on other sites that have the same default links
- Do not try to take any short cuts that can harm your site for a lot of top website search engine businesses have strict rules and regulations that can in the end terminate the indexing of your site from the search engine
- Put original content onto your website with good quality to attract readers but also to show your originality in your writing.
- Build a partnership with other websites that have the same goal as you or produces the same content as your website.
- Make sure all your content is understandable through presentation and spelling so that the search engines will not have a problem identifying your content.
- Double check your links to ensure ease of access and that your links take the viewers to where they are supposed to take your viewer.
- Ensure a high word count of content, it will look good to the search engines in order to pick up on key words on your site.
- Make sure your content is not copied from another page, even in terms of originality make sure your content has its own style and stands out from the other content of the same sense.
- Ensure that all links are complete and not damaged in any way to ensure that the maneuvering of your site is easy to everyone including search engines
- Backlinks will help to improve your sites ranking and listing on your website but make sure that you do not over fill your site with these links as it can harm your site from being searchable
- Study the types of keywords that will compliment your site best rather than using keywords that will harm your site rather than make it shine according to the content
- Be sure to not use keywords that are used by a lot of different sites for anyone can get their hand on the search engine tools to get keywords for their sites as well
- Make site maps easy to read and access as to not confuse the guests
- Promote the site through social media or any other form of advertising to help get your sites name out to the public
- Focus on making the user happy with the content rather than only trying to impress the search engines
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Get SEO for your website. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Get_SEO_for_your_website
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Get SEO for your website." VisiHow, visihow.com/Get_SEO_for_your_website Accessed 25 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Get SEO for your website." Accessed Jun 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Get_SEO_for_your_website.
Categories : Websites
Recent edits by: Eng, Maria, Charmed