Get Rid of iTunes Error 9006
Edited by Jeffrey Casel, Charmed, Jonathan, Kyoichiaquino and 18 others
When trying to update your apple device, there's an error saying, "there was a problem downloading the software for the device. An unknown error occurred (9006)". The 9006 error is telling you that an anti-virus is blocking the update of your apple software. In order to fix error 9006, try the following steps:
- 1 Repair It
- 2 Additional Tips
- 3 iTunes An Other Error Messages You May Encounter
- 4 90XX
- 5 Why am I getting error 9006 on my iTunes?
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Having problems restoring my apple TV.
- 6.2 How do I get rid of code 9006 in iTunes?
- 6.3 How do I resolve this 9006 error?
- 6.4 How do I fix my Iphone4? The apple logo keeps flashing when I turn it on?
- 6.5 Trying to update iPhone 4S with 6.1.3 to OS7?
- 6.6 Should I start over when an ipod just won't turn on?
- 6.7 Have you been able to resolve this issue?
- 6.8 How to fix 9006 error in iTunes on mac osx mountain lion when downloading a podcast?
- 6.9 Hi, I am getting unknown error 2 occurrences. Could you please help me with that?
- 6.10 How to turn off antivirus software on an iPhone 4S?
- 6.11 Error 9008. This is a common error when you're trying to download. This isn't an answer, it's a statement.
- 6.12 9006 error during ipsw download.
- 6.13 My problem is error 27. How can I fix it?
- 6.14 Tried to jailbreak and it failed and I keep getting error 9006.
- 6.15 Its stuck in recovery mode. I heed help.
- 6.16 Error 9006 when trying to restore i4.
- 6.17 How do I stop this from happening?
- 6.18 What do I do about this scenario?
- 7 Referencing this Article
- 8 Comments
- 2Some of the update features should not be interrupted anymore. Don't browse the internet or watch streaming videos or you'll slow down the download process. Also, while your anti-virus is disabled, you will be vulnerable to computer viruses and hacking.Go to iTunes and try to update the device with your anti-virus off.Advertisement
- 3After updating, check your device to see if it has been updated and check if iTunes has the updated version of its software.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection before installing the update. Sometimes, error 9006 can be caused by a slow connection.
- Try to update your device via WiFi, so the update process will be fast.
iTunes An Other Error Messages You May Encounter
- 1This occurs when you sign out and try to download to iTunes. After you click the download button and enter an account, this error message will pop-up.Error 9843.Advertisement
- 2Set the exact date of iTunes or your computer then power cycle. See below:Error 9815, or 9814.
- Click the Apple icon menu then click "System Preferences".
- Click "Set Time and Date".
- Make sure to enable the option to "Set Date and Time Automatically".
- Click the time zone option to adjust your time zone to your current location.
- 3To fix this, do the following:Error 9812.
- Check your iTunes' or computer's time.
- Restart your internet connection.
- Update the root certificates of your iTunes.
- 4The computer's time and/or date is not correct.Error 9808.
- 5Set the date correctly and restart your computer systemError 9800.
- 1The application you have downloaded or attempted to download cannot be saved. This is a permission issue of the mobile application folder.Error 5000.
- 1Connection is timing out, try again.Error 3259.
- 2Connection is timing out, try again. Or The device is not eligible for the requested build.Error 3198.
1 to 100 below Error
- 1Error 1
- You are trying to downgrade your iOS version 5 to iOS version 4.x.
- Use a TinyUmbrella to allow a base band to bypass the error and revert to base band 4.10.1 when you try to downgrade your iPhone4 from iOS version 5 to iOS Version 4.X.
- Your iTunes might be an old version that you need to update to avoid problems.
- You're trying to downgrade an iPhone 4 to an older version of iOS5 using the redsn0w. Change or stitch the blobs to No_BB ipsw of the firmware that you're trying to downgrade to.
- 2Error 2
- On your RAM disk, ASR is not present or it is corrupted nor not assigned.
- Using sn0wbreeze 1.6 of customer firmware ASR patch has a problem. Using 1.7 plus or PwnageTool that the device may not become bootable.
- 3Error 6
- Not entering download mode when connecting the device.
- Try to change USB ports on the computer and try to restart.
- 4Error 9
- This is due to ASR being patched. The signature may automatically be changed and after being re-assigned, the kernel will refuse to use it. Therefore, correct kernel patches are needed. If the necessary kernels are not being applied correctly, then it will fail to load ASR and Error 9 may occur when restoring.
- Power cycle your Macintosh to resolve this kind of problem or error message.
- 5Error 10
- Your device's LLB is missing from IPSW. Your device may not boot up. The trick is to skip the base band update that may no longer work.
- 6Error 11
- Remove your BBFW file in the firmware folder of your unzipped IPSW. This can also prevent base band update. The device will be bootable, if you set the automatic boot to true or use TinyUmbrella and to use Kick Device out of the Recovery.
- You are trying to update your device's customer firmware from PwnageTool 4.1 Plus. You need to go to DFU mode, and then restore from here.
- 7Error 13
- This will occur when you try to install an iOS 4.1 firmware (Beta) with iTunes for Windows platform .
- Could be a USB problem. Check your USB connection, or try another direct USB port or a different USB cable.
- You might have an older version of iTunes installed. Firmware with 4.0 up you need iTunes 9.2 or higher version of the software firmware and update iTunes.
- 8Error 14
- CFW (Custom Firmware) update fails (Using PwnageTool to 4.0.1). If you have to restore the device with aCFW (Custom Firmware), or if the update to a CFW (Custom Firmware) is not working, your device is not bootable.
- USB Problem. Check the USB connection, or try another port. The USB cable might be an older one. If so, the device is no longer bootable.
- You are trying to update to beta firmware instead of performing restore. Device is still bootable if you go out of recovery mode. Restart your Mac computer to resolve this.
- Rooting the file system partition size was set too low/small in the RAM disk options list.
- 9Error 17
- The device fails to display the Apple logo/icon img3. You will encounter this kind of error code.
- More than one of the nand0/nor0 flash photo/images are missing in the IPSW.
- 10Error 18
- This happens when the Library (Media Library) on the device is corrupted and cannot be changed or updated.
- Update to the latest version of iTunes and then restore. This should resolve this issue.
- 11Error 20
- Reportedly, this happens during a failed downgrade on your iOS 2.0 -> 1.1.1, 5 beta -> 4.3.3).
- Some achieve success after by doing the downgrade in DFU mode instead of the normal recovery mode.
- 12Error 21
- CFW (Custom firmware) restore fails (Using PwnageTool since 4.1). You need to put your device into the DFU mode and not in recovery mode. In recovery mode, your device will not boot correctly, and will stall at the Apple logo/icon after the error. Press then hold Power plus Home button until it restarts.
- You get this Error when using Sauriks server for restoring with iOS 5.x in recovery mode - at least on A5 device.
- This Error can happen when you tried to restore an iPod with hardware dfu. Use iREB r5 to solve this.
- When you are trying to update to a beta firmware without UDID activation method.
- 13Error 23
- Cannot restore or update the system due to hardware issue.
- In the software, you need to set the default web browser.
- In the hardware, it is a communication issue. Check all the connections and try to change your device's battery.
- Damage base band flash or its processor.
- It happens frequently following water damage. Take out and clean the motherboard.
- 14Error 26
- The values or variables in the property options list in the RAMdisk are invalid.
- Incorrect version of NOR flash firmware. Use the right sn0wbreeze system version.
- 15Error 27
- When you're trying to flash iOS 5 from an iPhone 3G on a 3GS. Modifying the restore plist so it will flash. Also interchange/exchange the RestoreRamDisk and kernelcache.
- 16Error 28
- The hardware error. Take your device back to Apple. The problem is just a bad dock connector on the device. Someone must change its connector.
- If you've tried everything else, restore the logic board to default, then pwn and restore. If this doesn't work, your device's memory is damaged or corrupted.
- 17Error 29
- Change the battery.
- 18Error 31
- This is due to DLU loop.
- 19Error 34
- HD is running out of space.
- Just clear space or delete unnecessary files on your phone.
- 20Error 37
- The iPod touch 2G LLB patched with 0x24000 Segment may have Overflow or was used on an iPhone 3GS (CFW) custom firmware. Known damaged bundles from unofficial PwnageTool bundles or distribution is the cause.
- sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 bug, is the fixed in 2.0.2.
- Recent sn0wbreeze may cause this kind of issue. Do not select/deselect all custom boot images, recreate IPSW. If received on iPhone 3GS, select the latest boot ROM, then deselect all custom boot logos and recreate the IPSW.
- 21Error 40
- Hack activation bug in sn0wbreeze 2.0.1, can be fixed in sn0wbreeze 2.0.2.
- NAND chip is no longer working. Check ASR to confirm output to restore the logs.
- 22This is still unknownError 46.
- 1When you're trying to restore.Error 1002.
- 2This is due to a failure matching the base band Nonce currently in memory to nonce back in the base band system firmware SHSH blob. This may happen if you edit the host's Saurik's Server file system. You need to use TinyUmbrella and Kick Device Out Of Recovery to make it bootable.Error 1004.
- 3This is due to recovery mode in user land with 1.1.1 firmware version. The iTunesMobileDevice.dll file is corrupted or damaged.Error 1011.
- 4On iPhone 4 it means the base band did not get an update. Either remove the gs.apple.com entry from the host's file and to let the base band upgrade. If you want your base band, you just need to jailbreak at this point to boot it up. If you have some other devices, power cycle your computer or change computers; reinstall the system. If the device stays in restore mode: Windows XP users can jump from restore mode with ibus; MAC users may use iNdependence. On the iPhone 2G with 1.0.2 firmware can be downgraded from 1.1.1.Error 1013.
- 5This is where you tried to downgrade your device's base band.Error 1014.
- 6This error is common when you tried to downgrade iPhones or 3G iPads. The problem occurs when the device's base band has a higher system version than the base band in the firmware you want to restore to. Just set automatic boot to iRecovery or use iREB/TinyUmbrella/RecBoot.1 In this case, it may not work to use Pwnage Tool to make a (CFW)custom firmware without the iPad's base band, get your device in pwned DFU mode, and restore via iTunes program or app.Error 1015.
- 7Incorrect response from gs.apple.com that needs iRED to prepare the unit to restore the customer IPSW.Error 1050.
- 1When Spirit2Pwn flashes parts of boot chain on an iOS4, the device may crash into DFU.Error 1394.
- 1Power cycle your computer, try to change USB port, or you can reinstall system.Error 1413.
- 2Power cycle your computer, try to change USB port, or you can reinstall system.Error 1415.
- 3Power cycle your computer; try to change USB port, or you can reinstall system.Error 1417.
- 4Power cycle your computer, try to change USB port, or you can reinstall system.Error 1418.
- 5Power cycle your computer, try to change USB port, reinstall system, or you can downgrade from www.iphonebus.com.Error 1428.
- 1Error 1600
- CFW (Custom firmware) cannot be restored on a device on DFU Mode. The system software of the device is not patched. You may use a jailbreak tool to enter a pwned DFU mode. During this process the system software will get the patch and the CFW (custom firmware) should run without any issues.
- APTicket issues, if you try to restore to iOS 5.x version in the DFU Mode.
- If you are stuck, just edit the host's file and comment the guzzoni.apple.com. GetDeviceID: failed for iBoot, can be experienced on a Windows 8 operating system computer
- 2Error 1601
- Check this SUPPORT from Apple.
- 3Power cycle the computer, try to change computer or reinstall system software. If this error appears during an Apple TV restore, then you can unplug the Apple TV from the power outlet. After you enter the recovery or DFU, then restore it again.Error 1602.
- 4False/incorrect kernelcache patch. This happens when the bundles from the unofficial PwnageTool bundles or distributions are damaged.Error 1603.
- 5The device was not pwned, and signature checks are not blocked. CFW (custom firmware) cannot be restored. It can happen when there is a problem with the IPSW.Error 1604.
- 6The iTunes tried to go into Restore Mode, but the device may not turn back to Recovery Mode. This can also happen when you update an iPad 2 �" jailbroken with Saffron, to iOS 5. You may simply retry it, as it is in Recovery Mode.Error 1611.
- 7The Missing system files are corrupted in iTunes during the installation. Try to uninstall the iTunes program and power cycle the computer and install again. For unknown reasons, this error may occur when iTunes is running on a Windows 8 operating system computer. Even apple cannot identify this issue.Error 1618.
- 8Your iTunes is an old version that cannot read the iPhone in Recovery or DFU Mode. You need to update your iTunes first and try it again.Error 1619.
- 9The IPSW was moved during preparations with iTunes. Try it again and do not move the IPSW.Error 1644.
- 10The iTunes on your device was expected to be in a different state. Eg: boot into iOS rather than going to iBECError 1646.
If you experience this issue/problem on a Mac, disconnect third-party devices, hubs, spare cables and displays, restore the SMC to default, and then try to restore. If you have a Windows based computer, remove all USB devices and spare cables other than your mouse, keyboard. Power cycle your computer, and try to restore again. If that does not resolve the problem, try the USB issue resolution steps and articles listed in Error 1604. If the issue persists, it may be an issue with conflicting security software.
- 1This is an issue on the Mac OS X kernel extension you're using. The IO USB family may be an old version. Also, in 10.5.6, the update has a bug - it fails to read an iDevice properly in DFU Mode. This can only be resolved by updating to 10.5.7, or a higher version, or using a USB hub..Error 2001.
- 2iTunes cannot connect because another program is using it, or it is disconnected when the Apple Server check is processing.Error 2002.
- 3Error 2003
- Connection issue. Try to change USB cable and check USB port, or try another USB port.
- The sn0wbreeze failed to restore IPSW; unhook the iDevice and try again
- 4Error 2005
- Issue is about connecting. Might be a hardware issue.
- Reinstalling the USB drivers can resolve the problem.
- 5Change USB cable with a newer one and/or disconnect all other USB connections and retry.Error 2006.
- 6Error 2009
- If you encounter this issue on a Mac, disconnect any third party devices such as: hubs, displays, reset the SMC, then try to restore.
- If you are using a Windows based computer, remove all USB devices and extra cables except your keyboard and mouse. Power cycle the computer, and try to restore it.
- If that does not resolve the problem, see Error 1604 above. If the problem persists, it may be related to computer security software.
- 1Error 3002
- Due to update to an older version of a firmware that is not working, Apple is no longer handing/accepting SHSHs for this combination of device/firmware.
- A timeout upon checking Apple server, and retry later.
- This can be encountered if you try to update with a local TSS server using TinyUmbrella tool. It also occurs when communicating to Cydia Server.
- 2Indicates that there is no update on the RAMdisk when pressing Shift+Check simultaneously for updates.Error 3002.
- 3Error 3004
- No internet when doing firmware restore.
- Your iTunes cannot connect to gs.apple.com. Port 80 and Port 443 is blocked or not opened. Access the user interface of the router to open the ports mentioned.
- 4Error 3014
- Invalid host file. SHSH request cannot be completed. No access to the Apple Server, localhost or Cydia Server for using TinyUmbrella.
- 5Port 80 and Port 443 is blocked or not opened. Access the user interface of the router to open the ports mentioned.Your iTunes could not access the gs.apple.com.
- 6Error 3011
- Invalid host file. SHSH request cannot be completed. No access to the Apple Server. Open file/Host file and delete any lines in gs.apple.com.
- 1Something related to your rented movies.Error 3123.
- 2Error 3191
- QuickTime may be damaged or corrupted. You need to reinstall it before iTunes will work. Windows based computer users can try turning off "Compatibility for QuickTime."
- Go to C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QuickTimePlayer.exe and right click. Program Files on x86 for 64-bit Windows based computers and select "Properties" from the shortcut option.
- In your properties window, click on the "Compatibility" tab from the list. Do not select or de-select the check box.
- 3This may happen when you're trying to install old firmware and Apple's servers do not approve the installation. The only solution is to get the SHSH blob backed up and modify/change from the host's file to point at Saurik's Cydia Server, where you can back it up. It can happen with the restoration to the latest iOS system software and the hosts to Cydia. Delete gs.apple.com lines from the host files.Error 3194.
- 4Error 3195
- No SHSH blob for the firmware software.
- It's the same error as - This device is not eligible for the request build or something like that, and comes with a cache error.
- Error 3200. This is when you are trying to update software (specifically firmware), when only a Restore Ramdisk is available.
- 1This is a common error when you're trying to download.Error 9008.
Higher Errors that you may encounter
- 1This is due to security software conflicting with your iTunes program.Error 11222.
- 2This occurs when you try to access certain functions on your program that you've mis-configured. One example is your country.Error 11556.
- 3This issue occurs when you're trying to sync your device. It will only happen to jailbroken devices.Error 13019.
- 4Error 20000.
- This is due to a custom theme on your Windows computer. Use the default theme to avoid.
- This error may occur or be caused by the iDevice rebooting while extracting the software firmware. It happens during the restoration.
- 5This can happen on a Mac with TinyUmbrella running. Before you restore your software (firmware) to Apple TV.Error 20008.
- 1Code 0xE800000F
- Unknown code error.
- 2Code 0xE8000001
- iTunes cannot connect.
- 3Code 0xE8000022
- Unable to restore Firmware files.
- 4Code 0xE800003D
- Invalid permissions in the Carrier Bundle folder. Update iTunes to resolve issue.
- 5Code 0xE800006B
- Device is suddenly unplugged. Try again.
- 6Code 0xE8000065
- The sn0wbreeze CFW (custom firmware) error on USB connection. Unplug and reboot the device.
- 7Code 0xE8008001
- This is an IPA signature verification error or failed error.
- 8Code 0xE88000084?
- This is an unknown error code
XXXX Error code
- 1Make sure to download the right software or firmware for your device.
- 2Do not change the host when you downgrade the base band on an iPhone device, iPad device and iPod.
- 3Temporarily disable anti-virus on your Windows based computer or any other security you have.
Why am I getting error 9006 on my iTunes?
Are you one of the many iPhone and iPad owners who is now asking, "Why am I getting error 9006 on my iTunes?" It typically occurs while installing the iOS 7 update on iTunes. Apple is aware of this dilemma, and has several ways you can fix it, with varying degrees of difficulty. A few are very easy ways to correct this bugaboo called "error 9006". People hoping to update the ever-popular iPhone and iPad to the iOS 7 over the airwaves, are the first to get hit with this message, "Software Update Unavailable". To make matters more exasperating, when attempting to update iTunes, people are then getting the unwelcome message, "iTunes error 9006". You can do away with both messages, and return your iPad or iPhone to a normal functioning life. To get rid of "error 9006" forever, just follow the tutorial below, so you can get back to listening to iTunes on your iPhone or iPad..
Instructions to get rid of Error 9006 on your iTunes
- 1This is a Hard Reset. A Soft Reset, performed by pressing the power button and sliding it over to reset, will not be adequate.Press and hold the power and home button till the idevice shuts off.
- 2Enter your security pass code. You may now get a message that there is an update for you to install. If so, you should go ahead and install it. Then, go to step 3.Power up with the power button.
- 3Tap "Setting", and then select "Wireless Settings".
- 4Tap the "Wireless Network" arrow, then scroll down the menu and select "Forget Network".
- 5Go back and click the wireless off.
- 6Now, close the "Settings".
- 7Once the "Settings" app is closed, tap and re-open it.
- 8Return to "Wireless Settings" and turn on your wireless network again.
- 9Make sure that you connect to the wireless network.
- 10Tap "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update".Return to "Settings".
- 11The last step is to hit "Install" for the software update.Advertisement
- Note: This procedure should work, but if you are unable to install iOS7, the Apple server may have been overloaded at that time. It's recommended to just wait, maybe until the next day, and then follow the instructions above once again.
- Once your latest update is installed on software, your iPhone will reboot. You now have iOS7 functioning properly so you can enjoy your favorite iTunes again. Say, "Adios!" to the "iTunes error 9006" and the "Software Update Unavailable" messages!
Questions and Answers
Having problems restoring my apple TV.
To make sure you restore your Apple TV properly, you need to do the following:
- Go to "Settings".
- Choose "General".
- Select "Reset".
- Click "Restore".
Your Apple TV will now be restored to its factory settings and will install the latest apple TV software. Be patient as this may take some time to finish. Do not attempt to remove any wires on your apple TV during the process.
What issues are you having? Here is the proper way to restore your Apple TV:
How do I get rid of code 9006 in iTunes?
iTunes �" I need to know how to get rid of code 9006?
This entire article discusses how to get rid of code 9006. Read through the article and follow the instructions on your computer. Let us know if you have any concerns or encounter any problems.
To get rid of error 9006, you need to do the following:
- Open iTunes.
- Make sure you're connected to the internet.
- Go to Menu bar.
- Click Tools
- Look for Internet Options.
- Click Security tab.
- Click Custom Level.
- Go to the bottom of the list.
- Click Reset Custom Setting.
- In drop-down menu, click Medium Low.
- Press Reset button.
- Click Apply.
- Press OK when done.
How do I resolve this 9006 error?
I'm trying to restore iTunes on my iPad, and I keep getting the 9006 error
It could be possible that you are using internet proxy. If you are doing so then, switch off the proxy and do the restore. Also, this error occurs when your security certificate doesn't allow you to connect to products created by apple. In this case, you should simply update your system software and allow your security certificate to connect to Apple and Mac OS based products.
See more questions like this: How I solve that 9006 error and I can not update my I phone via my phone
How do I fix my Iphone4? The apple logo keeps flashing when I turn it on?
I keep getting error 9006 after about 6mins of attempting to download iPhone4 restore and update.
Error 9006 is a security software issue. This means there is software that's blocking your connection to the apple server, while you are attempting to restore and update your iPhone 4. Your device might stop responding during the restore process as a result of this issue.
Please do the following to solve this issue.
- Check your security software settings, such as anti-virus, firewall, etc. Temporarily disable these during the restore and update process.
- Then proceed to restore and update again.
- That's it. You should not be getting error 9006 anymore.
Trying to update iPhone 4S with 6.1.3 to OS7?
It's connected to a secure WiFi connection but after a while of downloading, it brings a message that it cannot update.
Either your internet connection is still not good enough, or your phone is not charged to at least 50%. You need to charge it some more, or at least plug it in order to continue the update. Or you can restart your phone, plug it in, and then try the update again.
Check to see that your phone is fully charged, or at least more than 50% charged. The update won't proceed if the battery is less than 50% charged, because there is a chance the download will be interrupted. Also, update will not occur if the WiFi signal is weak.
See more questions like this: Can't update iPhone 4S iOS 7.1
Should I start over when an ipod just won't turn on?
Because I've had more than just this error.
You should do a Factory Reset (on your iPod) to remove all possible errors. Do the following:
- First �" backup your data!!!
- Open the iTunes program.
- Connect your ipod to your computer via USB cable.
- Your ipod should show up on the program.
- Tap Restore on summary tab.
You will need to back up your data first. Connect your ipod to the computer>open iTunes>click file>devices>backup.
Have you been able to resolve this issue?
I can't update my iPhone 4 from 6.0 to 7.0.6
You should be able to do this without any problem, but in some instances, there are three things that might hindrance you: 1. Your phone is not charged more than 50%. If you battery is running low, this will not allow you to do an update. 2. You have very little space on your phone. You may want to erase files and other things you don't need or use. 3. A week or intermittent internet connection/WiFi.
How to fix 9006 error in iTunes on mac osx mountain lion when downloading a podcast?
I am downloading a large podcast (400 MB), to my internal network. The podcast is sent from a Linux computer. I see this error at various points in the file. It seems like it is a network connection problem. When it happens, Ubuntu becomes nonresponsive on the podcasting computer.
Without being at the computer to troubleshoot, it would be hard to pinpoint the issue. You might try a page from Apple with tips on how to fix this HERE If these steps don't help, feel free to return and explain in more detail.
Hi, I am getting unknown error 2 occurrences. Could you please help me with that?
Hi, I am getting unknown error 2 occurrences in iTunes while restoring to iOS 7.0.6. Could you please help me with that?
Error 2 occurrences is related to security software. Please check the settings on your current security software. Your security software might be blocking ports and preventing you to connect to the Apple server during the update and restore process. So, if it's possible to temporarily turn off your current Antivirus/Security software, please do it and then try to restore your phone again. Don't forget to turn the Antivirus/Security back on when the update is complete.
How to turn off antivirus software on an iPhone 4S?
My phone won't update. It comes up with the error 9006. I can't even restore my iPhone
If you are looking to uninstall the antivirus software, visit this application/software from the main screen of your device. Simply press and hold the home button in order to open the option for you to delete/uninstall the application from your device successfully.
Error 9008. This is a common error when you're trying to download. This isn't an answer, it's a statement.
The iTunes error code 9008 has something to do with the registry in your computer. You can fix this kind of issue by simply repairing the registry on your computer by downloading a RegCure Pro. You can download the program fromTHIS LINK.
Once you've downloaded the program and installed it on your computer, simply run the program. Then go to System Scan and wait until it's done scanning. Click on "Repair All" and wait until it is done repairing your computer's registry. Once done, you should no longer encounter this error message on your Windows iTunes version.
Windows error 9008 has something to do with files that have disappeared or have become corrupted. Windows will red-flag those files that can lead to slow system speeds, over heating, or a software/hardware crash. Common causes of the iTunes error 9008 are:
- Windows Explorer Errors
- Hardware Malfunction
- Error Symptom include:
- Can not printing file
- IO error
- Blue Screen
- Http error
- Shutdown problems
9006 error during ipsw download.
I m getting this error when I try downloading iOS in iTunes
To resolve error 9006 error, try the following:
- Close iTunes.
- Restart the check for updates
- Turn off third party security software (anti-virus/firewall).
See more questions like this: Can't download the software to your iPhone error 9006
My problem is error 27. How can I fix it?
How can fix it? I have an iPhone 5. Thank you.
This is a common iTunes error encountered when you attempt to restore or update your iPhone5 using iTunes. Here's what you can do:
- Download the latest version of iTunes.
- If you already have the latest version of iTunes, check for updates.
- Update your Mac. Install available updates.
- Check on your security software. There are times when the security software you are using is causing problems. Try updating, uninstalling or changing these programs.
- Unplug other USB devices. During the downloading process, try unplugging extra USB devices which can hamper successful updates.
- Restart your device. Shut it down and then turn your iPhone on again for successful integration of recent updates.
- Try running iTunes updates on your iOS device again.
Tried to jailbreak and it failed and I keep getting error 9006.
I tried to jailbreak my iPhone 6, and it failed. I keep getting a frozen apple logo screen. I tried resetting it and I keep getting error 9006. I checked everything and its all been updated.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Its stuck in recovery mode. I heed help.
I went to iTunes Nd and tried restoring it. Right after Nd started downloading, I go the 9006 error.
Turn off your device and leave it that way for about an hour. Then try turning it on again and then do the restore function. If you still see the error, you may want to shut it down again. However, for this second try, instead of turning it on the way you usually do, you might want to do a hard restart instead. Do this by pressing the Home and Power button simultaneously for a few seconds, until you see the apple logo on the screen. Doing this at times may allow the clogs in the system to break free and you will avoid those errors again.
Error 9006 usually occurs when there seems to be a threat to security. Since you are on iTunes and there is more likely no security issues, you just need to try to restart your device, as it is just a simple system glitch. Let your device rest for a while before restarting and then go back to iTunes. It should be able to function normally.
Error 9006 when trying to restore i4.
Hi. I'm trying to restore i4 (passcode forgotten by son), but after downloading 640MB of the 1.13 I get the error code. I have uninstalled the antivirus and closed the Windows firewall. Any suggestions? Thanks.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
See more questions like this: I cannot restore my iPhone 5 why not
How do I stop this from happening?
My iPhone has a logo on the screen with a USB below it saying iTunes but when I connect it to iTunes, error 9006 comes up just at the end of the update.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
What do I do about this scenario?
I'm on a Macbook, and I don't think I have an anti virus application running. I cracked my iPhone and then got it repaired. Ever since it cracked, I have had a black screen and no response and when I connect to iTunes. It only gives me the option to restore it, so I tried, and this is the error message I received. I have tried: I have tried to charge it, reset it and hard restore it. I think it was caused by: It stopped working as soon as it cracked, and there is a tiny bend on the side of the iPhone right near the SIM card tray.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Get Rid of iTunes Error 9006. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Get_Rid_of_iTunes_Error_9006
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Get Rid of iTunes Error 9006." VisiHow, visihow.com/Get_Rid_of_iTunes_Error_9006 Accessed 28 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Get Rid of iTunes Error 9006." Accessed May 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Get_Rid_of_iTunes_Error_9006.
Categories : Apple
Recent edits by: Conor Starrs, ygt, Sean