Get Rid of Stress and Anxiety
Edited by estrella sacragon, Robbi, Eng, Graeme and 3 others
Do you feel stressed and anxious most of the time? This article will help provide the right guidelines for how to alleviate the pain that you feel.
Anxiety and stress can greatly affect anyone from time to time. Stress is basically a response triggered the moment you come across a situation that will make you feel tense, angered and frustrated.
Anxiety, on the other hand is an emotion you may feel when you deal with nerve-wracking or painful situations, and may make you feel panicked and nervous and increase your stress levels. Generally, you can reduce or even get rid of stress and anxiety by making lifestyle changes. Here are some helpful tips for getting rid of stress and anxiety.
Tips to Lower Your Stress
There is something you can do about stress and anxiety. Everything is just about proper management. Take charge of your thoughts, your problems and emotions, and have a stress-free life.
- 2Self Monitoring.Advertisement
- 3Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- 5Avoid Self Centered Attitudes.
What do Experts Say about Stress and Anxiety
When you find yourself too stressed, whether by your work or by some
other personal things, the best thing you can do to feel better is to first identify the cause of your anxiety. While most people turn to doing unhelpful things to cope with the issue - things like drinking or smoking, experts say that instead of going to the bad side of things, why not consider the fact that every problem has its own solution. Experts say when you avoid taking control of your stressful situation, you might end up doing nothing but making the problems even worse.
The key to managing your stress properly is to build the right emotional strength. You have to be in total control of your present situation, have a good social network, and hopefully adopt a positive Outlook. So here are some stress-busting techniques provided by experts in the hopes that you are able to cope with the situation properly.
- 1If you are down and morally low because of stress-related problems, experts prove that involving yourself in physical activities can help you get in your right state of mind. When this happens, you can easily identify whatever the causes of your stress and anxieties are, and eventually find the best solutions. To effectively deal with you daily stressful life, you have to feel robust and mentally strong - something you can achieve when you do active physical exercises. Of course exercise doesn't make your stress immediately disappear. However, it will help in reducing some of the emotional intensity you are feeling, therefore clearing your bad thoughts and allowing you to properly deal with your problems from a calmer approach.Be Active.Advertisement
- 2Experts and psychologists will tell you that there will always be a solution to a problem. If you remain unreceptive and you always think that you really can't do anything about your problems, you are only stressing yourself all the more. That total feeling of loss of control is one of the primary reasons of anxiety and the lack of well-being. You must therefore understand how you can take control of your situation. Taking control is very empowering and this can be a critical part in finding the right solution that will best satisfy you, and not someone else.Take Control.
- 3Ever heard of the adage that says "A problem shared is a problem halved"? It is best that you surround yourself with a very strong and solid network of colleagues and family as they can help you work on your troubles and somehow help you see things in a new perspective. If you try to avoid connecting with people, you will end up having little to no support system at all, especially when you are in need. Doing things with your friends or family can provide you a relaxed mind, and the times you share some good laughs with them are excellent stress relievers.Try to Connect with People.
- 4Try to find the best solutions and have a worry and hassle-free situation at work.Don't let stress and anxiety get in your way of having a good life.
Best Outdoor Activities to Avoid Stress
They say that a life little enjoyed is less lived. True enough, life has a lot of challenges and twists, but it is up to you how to live your life the
best way you know how. But there comes a point in time when you are caught up with a lot of work and daily chores that somehow take a toll in you. Then you start to feel pessimistic just because you are buried with a lot of stress lately. Spending some time for yourself with some good friends and with the right activity are just helpful ways to de-stress you and hopefully get you back on your feet in no time. So below are some interesting outdoor activities that can help you pump up your life once again after a breath of fresh air.
- 1While the treadmill at your home gym is useful, why not go out jogging and enjoy the beautiful morning that is waiting to perk you up! With a pair of comfortable running shoes, start jogging around your nearby park to get your day started. Start jogging for about 15-30 minutes and slowly increase it after you have tuned yourself with the tempo. You can even accompany your running with some good music. Have your phone or mp3 player with you and let the groovy music beat accompany you as you run. But if you're not physically fit yet to do some jogging, a brisk walk is just as helpful.Go out for a jog.Advertisement
- 2Why not continue doing your favorite sports so you can make yourself healthy all over again? Whether you love playing soccer, basketball, tennis, or just about any type of sports that will require you to be active physically, consider engaging yourself in these fun and healthy activities. Make yourself fine and fit while enjoying at the same time. Additionally, driving your bike around your community can also help you de-stress and shed off all those unwanted extra pounds.Try participating in sports.
- 3This is a fun and interesting way to de-stress. Get a DSLR camera, drive down the street and take photos of anything and everything under the sun. Who knows - you might realize you have that creative touch in you, right? But if you think DSLR are way expensive for you, point and shoot cameras are great options. Capture subjects that interest you. Take advantage of all the amazing camera features and explore the beauty of photography.Consider photography.
- 4If you wish to get closer to Mother Nature and be impressed with her real beauty, camping should be in your bucket list. Find a safe and popular camping area. Invite your friends who are also nature lovers. Nothing is as exhilarating as cooking your own food over firewood, or making your own music, or sleeping under the beautiful night sky. When you go camping, just make sure you take with you all the essentials like camping lamps, travel clocks, flash lights, Swiss knives and a rucksack.Go camping.
It is a great feeling to get out and enjoy the world outside once in a good while. Enjoy every bit of your outing with friends and make the experience a memorable one.
Why Do a Person Experience Brain Drain?
People who often experience brain drain have to take a break. Doing work for hours without taking break or some time for relaxation purposes is certainly not acceptable. If one values his health and well being, it's a must to take at least a week off from your regular work in order for you to gain back enough strength.
It is extremely difficult for anyone to be working with empty batteries. If a person forces himself to accomplish all regular tasks, he will only fail and eventually suffer a break down. Taking care of one's physical health likewise means taking precautionary measures in terms of his mental condition. Letting the body rest and rejuvenate is good for it to reboot or have a fresh start. This is crucial. Even a computer requires rest and so should a person.
An unproductive body as well as a tired mind will not help one's work at all. If a person feels extremely tired, under stress and that the pressure is too much, he should take a break. Relax and heed the silent call for your body to rest. People who are into decision making as well as other kinds of essential types of work, which trouble the mind, need adequate time to rest.
Take a Break
The worst thing when it comes to not taking a break or sufficient time for relaxation is that the risks of recurring heart attack are always there. There are instances when people just don't know when this problem would strike. Imagine an overused computer. Self destruction is bound to happen, and this is not wise at all. Don't let the same thing happen to you! There is absolutely nothing wrong when you take a short period for relaxation.
Traveling to a new or distant place has always been regarded as one which can take a person's mind off from his regular or usual stressful work. Don't you think it's time that you get rid of that extremely demanding environment? Of course, there are individuals who can sleep the whole day, and when the moment they wake up in the morning, they already feel rejuvenated. Conversely, there are those who love to go to the spa in order to experience a brief period of relaxation. This kind of activity is also advantageous for the human body.
When one takes a vacation, it is a must that the Laptop, notebook or any surfing tools should be left at home. One can't possibly get rid of the stressful environment if he'll still bring work to the vacation site. As much as possible, you've got to take time to take pleasure in a blissful vacation together with your family and friends. These people are your inspiration in working so it's best that you bring them along and bond together. Take them to a cozy place where family bonding is possible.
Food Supplements to Relieve Stress
There are artificial and natural food supplements which are effective when it comes to relieving mental stress, but relaxation is still important. Return to nature. Enjoy the green sceneries. People can go camping. If you want to, you may stay on the mountain top for at least one day or two! Forget work for once and start engaging in your favorite activities. This way, you can easily eliminate all those stressors that constantly trouble your mind.
The mind can only take a certain level of stress, and one shouldn't wait for the moment when you no longer can cling to sanity. Too many people did not want to rest their mind, and this caused them so much pain and anxiety.
How to Be a Positive Thinker
Especially during a very busy day, you might find yourself focusing much on the negative. You feel overworked, tired and very stressed out by whatever
conflicting demands you have on your time. This can result in negative thoughts creeping into your mind. And while everybody knows how positive thinking can give you a better state of mind, wouldn't you be surprised to learn that being an optimist can also be good for your overall health?
There have been countless studies that demonstrated how positive thinking can give you a lot of benefits: From boosting your self confidence to improving your psychological well-being, and to develop you physical health. So what should you do to keep yourself away from negative thoughts? Here are some helpful tips.
- 1For you to become a positive thinker, you must learn how to analyze your thoughts. It might be difficult to keep yourself focused on the stream of conscious flow of thoughts, especially if this is not your strong suit. Every time you come face to face with a challenging situation, try to be conscious of how you think about the situation. Do you find yourself engaged in negative self-talks? Is mental-criticism of others hovering around you? This pessimistic thinking shows a critical obstacle. Identifying these thoughts are your first keys in overcoming negativity.Focus on your thoughts.
- 2Say for example, you have spent a very busy day at work - giving presentations, completing tasks ahead - and suddenly you realize you forgot to return an urgent assignment. In spite of the success you achieved during the day, you may find yourself reflecting on that one single slip-up. You may then start to worry if this can affect your success at work. In this instance, you are actually reflecting and focusing on the negative instead of acknowledging the positive.In most cases, negative thinking is when you involve yourself into focusing only on the undesirable parts of a particular situation.
- 3When you start to change your negative thoughts, bear in mind that the cycle can pose a challenge and it will really take a lot of time. Start by pin-pointing a specific area in your life in which you are most affected by negative thinking. Maybe you think much about your appearance, or how you perform your job. When you begin with a single and specific area, the change is more likely to stick over the long run.Changing your negative thoughts.
- 4When you notice your inner monologues begins telling you that you will never make it to an urgent meeting, or that your work is just too hard for you to handle, find other ways to focus on the more positive sides of the situation. For example, if you can't make it to an urgent meeting, look for other ways that you can alter your schedule so you can make more time sorting out important matters to be discussed in your meeting.Be careful with negative talks.
- 5Positive thinking is all about taking a more proactive approach to your life. When negative thoughts happen, your positive thinking should be able to tackle your life's challenges.Being an optimist is not all about trying to ignore reality just to give way to your inspirational thoughts.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Get Rid of Stress and Anxiety. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Get_Rid_of_Stress_and_Anxiety
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Get Rid of Stress and Anxiety." VisiHow, visihow.com/Get_Rid_of_Stress_and_Anxiety Accessed 25 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Get Rid of Stress and Anxiety." Accessed Jun 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Get_Rid_of_Stress_and_Anxiety.
Categories : Mental Health
Recent edits by: Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Graeme