Get Rid of Chickenpox Scars
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Olivia, Lynn, Nlangster and 13 others
Chickenpox is a highly contagious virus many people experience at some point in their lives. Apart from it being very itchy and irritating, it can leave scars, making our skin look unpleasant. Depending on the severity of the case, and how much you scratch the lesions, the scars left behind may vary from being neutral in color to being dark and deep. The Scars won't disappear without effort, and getting your smooth and flawless skin back may take months or even years if you just let it lighten by itself. However, with effort and patience it is possible to reduce the appearance of scars over time or get rid of them completely. The following steps explain different types of scars and what you can do to get rid of them.
- 1 Types of Chickenpox Scars
- 2 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Chickenpox Scars
- 3 Dermatological Solutions for Scars
- 4 Tips
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 How to remove big chickenpox scars naturally?
- 5.2 How to treat skin craters caused by chickenpox?
- 5.3 How to cure chickenpox crater-like marks?
- 5.4 Is almond oil useful to get rid of chickenpox marks?
- 5.5 How to get rid of stubborn chickenpox marks or any other dark spots?
- 5.6 What are the odds chickenpox marks will scar and not go away?
- 5.7 Is there a soap you can buy that gets rid of chickenpox scars?
- 5.8 How to remove pitted chickenpox marks using natural ingredients?
- 5.9 Will raw honey help acne pock scars?
- 5.10 After chickenpox will a new layer of skin regenerate?
- 5.11 Does fresh papaya get rid of acne pitting?
- 5.12 How many days can I use the aloe vera, lemon and brown sugar mixture I prepare?
- 5.13 I have so many chickenpox scars on my face, I feel so embarrassed now, can anyone help me on whats the best treatment can removed this scars?
- 5.14 What should I do for this to be gone?
- 5.15 There something in my legs looks like a chickenpox but not really a chickenpox, its a circle and there is water inside and it is very itchy and when I scratch and it turns into a wound it leaves a dark mark on my skin?
- 5.16 Hi, I have some dark and brown spots all over my body from face to my legs and I really need help?
- 5.17 Face holes, there are many holes on my skin please tell me a cream that I can apply to my face holes to repair?
- 5.18 My age is 22, I have a lot of chickenpox holes on my face?
- 6 Comments
Types of Chickenpox Scars
To determine how to get rid of chickenpox scars, it is important to understand the type of scar you are treating and the severity of the scarring.
- 1Atrophic Scars.Advertisement
- 2Light Round Marks.Advertisement
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Chickenpox Scars
One treatment for removing chickenpox scars can be found in your kitchen or you can it pick up at a natural health store, or wherever vitamins are sold.
- What You Need
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 2 tbsp. of Honey
- 2 tsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Blend all the ingredients in a bowl.
- As an option, you can put the mixture in the fridge for 15-20 minutes so it will have a cooling effect on your skin.
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas of your skin and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing. This is best done before taking a shower.
- What You Need
- What you need
- Lemon Juice (squeezed from ½ lemon fruit)
- 2 tsp of Honey
- Combine the ingredients and mix them well.
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas and leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing. Avoid getting it on surrounding skin especially if you have a dark complexion. You do not want to bleach the surrounding skin, only the dark spots.
- What you need
- 3Honey.It also has antiseptic properties that are very helpful for healing your chickenpox scars, provided they haven't fully dried out yet. It is highly recommended to use raw honey instead of the processed kind because it is organic and still contains all the vitamins and minerals it naturally possesses. It also has anti-irritants that will not aggravate your little one's delicate skin. Honey will work best for kids and for people who have very sensitive skin. Honey can be included in your daily skin routine even after your scars heal since it is completely safe and gentle on skin. Here is an easy recipe you can try.
- What you need
- 1 tbsp. of Raw Honey
- 1 tbsp. of Dried Oats
- 1 tbsp. of Water
- Combine the oats and water and mash it together until the oats become soft and thick. Add the raw honey and mash it again until they are completely mixed.
- Apply this on the affected area of the skin and leave it for 15-20 minutes before rinsing. This is a very gentle mixture so it will not irritate your skin.
- What you need
- What You Need
- 1 cup of Fresh Papaya
- 5 tbsp. of Brown Sugar
- 5 tbsp. of Fresh Milk
- Combine the brown sugar and fresh milk and mix them until the sugar has disolved. Set it aside.
- Mash the papaya and pour it into the milk mixture. Keep stirring until they are completely combined.
- Use this as a scrub after washing your body with a mild soap. Do this regularly until your scars fade to your satisfaction.
- What You Need
- What you need
- Lemon Juice (squeezed from ½ lemon fruit)
- 2 Aloe Vera Leaves
- 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar
- Cut the saw-like edges off the Aloe Vera leaves to prevent your hands from getting punctured.
- Using a knife, tear the top layer of the Aloe Vera leaves. The gel will now show.
- Scrape the Aloe Vera gel into a blender.
- Blend the Aloe Vera together with the lemon juice and brown sugar. Use this as a body scrub to treat the affected areas.
- What you need
Dermatological Solutions for Scars
While lighter scars may be easier to get rid of, deeper scars, like atrophic scars, are more challenging. These types of scars have a crater-like form due to the skin losing its tissue. You can try a home remedy for this type of scar, but should it fail, be aware that science and modern dermatology offer a solution to get rid of this discouraging skin problem.
- 1Dermabrasion.The skin is scrubbed with a wire brush to remove the outer layer, causing it to bleed. The skin then generates new cells that form a smoother upper layer, smoothing any facial scarring. If the process has to be done on a larger part of the skin, it may require anesthesia to numb the skin during the procedure.Advertisement
- 2Punch Grafting.This evens out the skin's surface making it appear smoother. It usually heals in 1-2 weeks. The downside of this procedure is the scars that were treated may have a bit of a difference in color compared to the other areas of the skin. This is why a chemical peel may be required to even out the skin color a month after the procedure.
- 3Non Ablative Laser Skin Rejuvenation.The laser stimulates the production of collagen on the skin for it to naturally reconstruct its outer layers resulting to fresh and smoother skin surface. You may be required to undergo several sessions in order to get the most satisfactory results out of this process.Advertisement
- To avoid chickenpox scars, do not scratch them, don't even touch them when the pocks/bumps are still visible on your skin. Prevention is always better than treatments later on.
- If you are still unsure if the acne treatment is right for you, it is best to consult your dermatologist.
Questions and Answers
How to remove big chickenpox scars naturally?
To remove chickenpox scars naturally, you can use sandalwood oil, vitamin E oil or Aloe Vera gel, tea tree oil or cocoa butter. This will depend on how deep the scars are, because the deeper they are, the longer they will take to heal. Some will not go away completely (because they are too deep) but they will become lighter over time. On the other hand, lighter scars should completely disappear over time. Just be patient, as they will be gone soon enough.
See more questions like this: Home remedies for removal of chickenpox scars- suggest option and time?
How to treat skin craters caused by chickenpox?
Use Contractubex, although its main purpose is to remove or flatten scars, it can also help to rejuvenate your skin and promote the formation of new skin cells.
Applying vitamin C creams with collagen on the affected area is effective as well, as they help to renew and rebuild the skin to fill in the craters. If you are up for some surgical procedures, you may go for diamond peels, as it will help even out the layers of your skin.
See more questions like this: How to avoid craters after chickenpox
How to cure chickenpox crater-like marks?
You can do any of these things, depending on your preference: 1. Apply olive oil to the affected area. The olive oil helps skin rejuvenate because of its antioxidant properties. It also encourages the formation of new cells. 2. Eat a lot of fruits rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C helps in the synthesis of collagen, which helps in skin repair. The crater-like marks will soon develop new skin that will blend in with the rest of your skin. 3. Consider procedures like diamond peel. It will help even out your skin and help to reduce the crater-like marks.
See more questions like this: I have got chicken pocks n it left some marks can it be cured
Is almond oil useful to get rid of chickenpox marks?
Yes, almond oil is useful in getting rid of chickenpox marks. You can massage those marks gently with almond oil and you will see that those marks will lighten. You can add sandalwood oil and oil from a vitamin E capsule to make it more effective.
How to get rid of stubborn chickenpox marks or any other dark spots?
There are numerous ways to properly lighten and remove chickenpox marks and dark spots on the skin. Below are some notable home treatments: 1. Tomato and Lemon Juice.
These fruits naturally bleach the skin – they whiten skin due to dark pigmentation and scars. To use, dip a cotton swab or cotton applicator and apply the juice directly on the dark spot of the skin, only on the dark spot.
2. Aloe Vera.
Aloe Vera is widely used because of its effective skin healing properties, its bleaching properties and the fact it improves skin regeneration. To use, slice the Aloe Vera leaf and scrape out the gel. Apply directly on any dark spots on the skin.
Honey is also commonly used to lighten dark spots on the skin. To use, simply apply a small amount of honey to the affected part of the skin.
4. Skin moisturizer lotion rich in Vitamin E.
The moisturizing effect lotions rich in Vitamin E have on the skin are beneficial by their act of regeneration and shedding off the dark spots of the skin left by chickenpox.
The above-mentioned home remedies will help you remove the dark spots on your skin caused by chickenpox, and will also work on skin blemishes.
See more questions like this: Does olive oil prevents the chickenpox spots
What are the odds chickenpox marks will scar and not go away?
If you are prone to keloidal scarring, there is high likelihood that there will be scars. It's best to apply anti-scar creams like Contractubex, the moment the chickenpox marks start to dry up. That will help prevent the formation of keloid scars.
Also, if you apply collagen-rich creams, that will help your skin to regenerate and heal naturally.
In other words, the probability of having scars after chickenpox depends greatly on how well you take care of the situation after having it.
See more questions like this: Contractubex for chickenpox scars? Does it really work
Is there a soap you can buy that gets rid of chickenpox scars?
I think there some soap that you can buy to help you get rid of your chickenpox scars. Here is a preview of a soap that you can buy online
Still, best to consult a dermatologist before buy something online. The dermatologist will tell you the exact soap that you should use.
See more questions like this: How to get rid of chickenpox scars I got before 2 weeks
How to remove pitted chickenpox marks using natural ingredients?
To be quite frank, if your chickenpox marks are really deep, they will be hard to remove completely. Fortunately, they will be lighter than before. You can try:
- Applying Vitamin E on skin.
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin K.
- Brush fresh lemon over scars.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Consider consulting a dermatologist for medical treatment.
See more questions like this: How to remove the black spot marks after chickenpox and how long it takes to completely fade away
Will raw honey help acne pock scars?
Yes, it has been tested by many people who use raw honey being used on their acne. Apply the raw honey on the acne marks for 20 minutes a day. This is a healthy and effective home remedy.
After chickenpox will a new layer of skin regenerate?
Skin regeneration may vary from person to person, and on the depth of the chickenpox scars. Naturally, skin regeneration usually takes place after an injury to the skin like cuts, bruises, or open wounds, allowing the formation of the new skin layer. In the case of chickenpox, some people who are recovering from chickenpox have small, rounded and pigmented chickenpox scars and the time it takes for the skin to regenerate a new skin layer is a few weeks up to several months. The spots that have pits will require more time to rebuild enough layers of skin for full regeneration. Many people use home remedies to speed up this process.
To further explain, when the upper part of the skin (dermis) has been injured or cut, the process of healing is faster compared to the innermost part of the skin (hypodermis) because of the abundant presence of blood vessels in the dermis. These blood vessels carry blood components to facilitate wound healing such as fibrinogen and collagen that helps in the formation of blood clots allowing the skin to regenerate, unlike the deepest part of the skin hypodermis.
To properly manage chickenpox scars, I suggest applying skin lotion that is rich in Vitamin E and Aloe Vera and gently massage it into the affected part.
Rationale: The Vitamin E and Aloe Vera help with skin regeneration and the massaging pressure promotes blood circulation on the affected areas, increasing the efficiency of the skin regeneration.
Therefore, the answer to your query is yes, skin regeneration will take place after chickenpox by forming a new layer of the skin, but the length of time for proper skin regeneration depends on the depth of the chickenpox scar.
Does fresh papaya get rid of acne pitting?
Yes, fresh papaya can get rid of acne pitting. You can use fresh papaya to make a scrub or use it as a mask. The fresh papaya can exfoliate the skin while maintaining its moisture. It can also lighten the skin with continued use.
The fresh papaya mixed with brown sugar and milk will give you a facial scrub.
Mashed papaya mixed with honey can be a facial mask and can be left on skin for 20 minutes.
See more questions like this: How can I overcome my face pitting? #4
How many days can I use the aloe vera, lemon and brown sugar mixture I prepare?
I want to know how many days I can use the mixture after preparing it
You can store it in the fridge and use it as long as you like. However, it is better to use fresh ingredients everyday than prepare ahead of time. Make just enough mixture for that particular day.
I have so many chickenpox scars on my face, I feel so embarrassed now, can anyone help me on whats the best treatment can removed this scars?
Best way and effective method to removed chickenpox scars.
Chickenpox scars can result in a swift blow on one's self-esteem, as it leaves unattractive marks and lesions on your face and body. There are different ayurvedic and modern treatments to reduce or completely remove chickenpox scars from the face:
- Over-the-counter treatment creams. The use of OTC hydroquinone, diphenhydramine, and Retin-A creams are known to be effective in reducing scars caused by chickenpox.
- Honey. Gently lather and rub honey all over the affected areas on your face and body to achieve a healthy glow and reduced visibility of scar tissue.
- Vitamin E. You can purchase OTC vitamin E oil and massage it to the affected regions of the face and all over the body. It is recommended that you apply at least twice a day to achieve desired effect. This helps to keep the skin soft and supple while helping the skin heal faster and decrease scar formation.
- Aloe Vera. This is a natural remedy that is widely known for its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties on both the skin and hair. Apply the Aloe Vera gel directly on the chickenpox scars on your face to reduce swelling, redness, darkening, and scarring.
- Lemon juice. The lemon zest and juice is naturally used for beauty and skin rejuvenation, especially for skin lightening or bleaching. This helps to lighten up your chickenpox scars, and also reduces typical skin redness, irritation, and inflammation associated with scarring.
Other treatments for reducing chickenpox scars include Obagi treatment or peeling, micro-dermabrasion and the use of coconut water and papaya extract to promote speedy healing of chickenpox scars.
Another popular treatment for stubborn or particularly dark scars is fractional CO2 laser treatment, or fractional laser resurfacing. Fractional carbon dioxide and fractional erbium laser resurfacing send columns of laser beams onto the scar causing thermal heating and the forming of new collagen and elastin which improves the appearance of the scar. Along with this treatment, soft tissue fillers might be injected under the scar.
See more questions like this: Is contactubex helps me to cure easily the chickenpox on my face
What should I do for this to be gone?
I have a chickenpox last 4-5 years and these black hole scars in my face makes me hate myself .. many years had passed but these scars stays ..
Never hate yourself for your appearance because the beauty of you comes from the inside, deep in your soul. There are many remedies in this VisiHow article and you should start with a lemon juice application to the black scars first. Over time, the lemon juice will lighten and fade the color of the scars.
There something in my legs looks like a chickenpox but not really a chickenpox, its a circle and there is water inside and it is very itchy and when I scratch and it turns into a wound it leaves a dark mark on my skin?
What should I do to cure this itchiness and dark mark or spot on my leg?
Take dry oats and crush them into powder, mix the powder with Vitamin E and a few drops of lemon juice. These will relieve the itch and begin a healing process for the wound. You might find it is the result of coming into contact with a plant that causes dermatitis, or a new detergent that makes your skin react. You might make an appointment with a Dermatologist to determine what is causing the irritation, so you can avoid it, and prevent this in the future.
See more questions like this: I need help. It's on my forehead and I want it to go away
Hi, I have some dark and brown spots all over my body from face to my legs and I really need help?
I really need help and I cannot go out without wearing long dress
Begin using Vitamin E and cocoa butter as a daily moisturizer on your legs. Try to avoid the sun unless you are wearing sunscreen on your legs because the sun will darken the spots even more.
Face holes, there are many holes on my skin please tell me a cream that I can apply to my face holes to repair?
there are many holes on my skin please tell me a cream that I can apply to my face holes to repair
To plump scar marks you can apply a cream that contains collagen and vitamin C. You can find these creams in your local store's makeup aisle.
My age is 22, I have a lot of chickenpox holes on my face?
Madam I have a lot of chickenpox holes on my face due to which I am very upset.... Please advice me what I do and how I flat my face from holes. Thank you madam Scrub your face with an exfoliant to encourage blood flow and remove dead skin cells daily. Apply vitamin E to the scars and use the aloe vera scrub mentioned above twice a week. Over time, if you apply the vitamin E and jump start the blood flow to your face, the scars will diminish. You are 22 years old which means that there is still time to repair your scars through skin regeneration techniques.
See more questions like this: Holes in my face after chickenpox, how to fill the hole or spots, please advice me?
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Chickenpox
Recent edits by: Bobby-Jo Keats, Maria, Inukshuk