Get Rid of Blackheads on Your Legs With Rose Hip Oil and Rose Clay Powder vs Moor Mud and Olive OIl vs Cacao Butter, Spearmint OIl and Green French Clay ... and 1 more
Edited by Donna, Eng
Blackheads on the legs have many causes including:
- Shaving your legs with a dull or dirty razor
- Using creamy, chemical-laden depilatories that clog up your skin pores
- Failing to remove partially dissolved hair completely from your legs after a depilatory treatment because you have not left the depilatory on your skin for a long enough time
- Failing to rinse your legs off after shaving them, thus causing clogged pores and blackhead formation
- Using a borrowed or old razor that is contaminated with fungus or bacteria
- Using a disposable razor with only two or three blades that abrade the skin more than they cut hair, causing dermatitis, scrapes and blackheads
- Legs that have been sunburned, causing traumatized skin pores to become very dry and react by overproducing sebum
- Waxing your legs but failing to remove all of the wax or hair afterwards, thus causing your skin pores to be clogged up with wax, hair debris, oil and dead skin cells
- Wearing clothing that is too warm or itchy, causing the pores on your legs to sweat and break out
- Wearing jeggings or leggings that are too tight, causing your legs to perspire and become with sebum and cell debris
- Wearing tights and socks a couple of days in a row, thus infecting the legs with dirt and bacteria
- Using bacteria-laden scrubbing puffs and loofahs
- Having your legs treated with contaminated water or creams at a spa or nail salon during a pedicure
- Sitting in the sun for too long can cause the pores on your legs to overreact and produce too much oil, which is a reaction to a mild burn
- Hormonal changes such as puberty, menopause or perimenopause that can cause skin pores to overproduce oil
- Medical conditions such as HIV and Diabetes, which can hamper the skin's ability to renew and repair itself
- An allergy to a laundry detergent, which can cause dermatitis and itching, which in turn can lead to the inflammation that can cause breakouts of blackheads on your legs
- Consuming a diet high in fat, sugar and carbs, making your skin pores more vulnerable to yeast infections
- Scratching mosquito bites and rashes like poison ivy causing infections to spread and blackheads to form in your pores
Method 1: With Rose Hip Oil and Rose Clay Powder
This mask for the legs is excellent for very sensitive or dry skin that has broken out in blackheads due to abrasions from shaving or sores due to chronic dermatitis. Very few people react to either rose hip oil or rose clay, which are two very natural substances with strong antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Rose clay is a detoxifier that pulls poisons, dead skin cells and old hard comedones out of the skin pores on your legs. Rose hip oil contains Vitamin E and Vitamin A, which helps heal the skin. It is also very rich in Vitamin C, which helps speed the healing of traumatized pores. All three vitamins also help cell repair to happen quickly. Both Rose clay and rose hip powder are humectants, meaning that they draw water from the air to the skin to help keep it healthy and moisturized.
- 1Mix together two cups of rose clay powder, with two cups warm water and blend the two ingredients together into a thick paste.You can also blend this mixture into a paste in a blender. Two cups of each ingredient should be enough of the rose clay mixture to do both legs. Note that you can always make more or less as needed, as long as you equal parts of water and clay. Rose clay is available in many cosmetic supply stores, craft supply stores, cosmetic outlets and also at some drug stores. It is generally sold unmixed, as a powder, in a pouch or in a plastic or a glass jar.Advertisement
- 2Prepare an area where you will apply the mask.As it can be a bit messy you might want to apply it while sitting on the edge of a bathtub or while you are outdoors. If you decide to apply it outdoors, keep in mind that rose clay can easily be rinsed off with a garden hose and that the ingredients are beneficial for a lawn or garden. You can also apply the mask over a basin that helps you catch any drips or mess.Advertisement
- 3Apply the paste to the area of your legs that is affected by the blackheads and leave it on for a half an hour.You can use a cosmetic brush or plastic gloves to put it on your legs if you are trying to protect a manicure from being damaged but this mask is also very beneficial for cleansing and clarifying the pores on the skin of the hands as well. If you feel burning, or swelling swelling or perceive that your skin is turning red, remove the mixture from your legs as it is possible you are allergic to the Rose hip oil.
- 5This mask is gentle enough for you to use every two days.Avoid shaving, waxing or using depilatories on your legs after using it, as you want the beneficial effects of the clay and rose hip oil to last for some hours afterwards.
Method 2: With Moor Mud and Olive OIl
Moor mud is a black mud that is good for removing blackheads and blemishes from larger areas of the body that might need treatment. It is made from decomposed peat and plant matter and contains thousands of enzymes, hormones and fatty acids that help heal the skin. Moor mud is a natural reliever of swelling and inflammation and it also helps to naturally balance the hormones. A natural detoxifier, Moor mud also helps pull oily comedones out of your skin. This type of mud is also an especially effective treatment for people who are suffering from breakouts on their legs caused by puberty, menopause or perimenopause as it is a natural balancer of hormones. The olive oil in this recipe is also deeply emollient and full of essential fatty acids that help nourish the skin. Note that Moor mud is usually sold premixed in a jar or in a plastic bag at a drug store or health food store. You can also find it at cosmetic supply stores.
- 1Mix two cups of Moor mud with two tablespoons of olive oil in a large bowl.You want the oil to be part of the mask, without changing it's texture so much that it becomes a liquid. Two cups of Moor mud should be enough to cover both legs for most people, but if you need to make more, remember to add one tablespoon of olive oil for each additional cup of Moor mud that you use in the recipe.Advertisement
- 3For best results, leave the Moor blackhead removal mask on your legs for about thirty minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.Sitting in a sauna or in the sun can help amplify it's good effects and dry faster. If you are outside, it is quite easy to rinse the Moor mud off of your legs with a garden hose. You know it is ready to remove when it dries to a hard powdery finish and the pores of your skin feel very tight. Some people like to remove the Moor mud in the bath and then soak in the mineral and enzyme rich water.
- 5You can easily do this treatment two to three times a week if needed.However, be aware that Moor Mud can dry out the skin on the legs in some people and that some people are allergic to the mud, which can contain mold or pollen, as it is gathered from swamps in Ireland and Scotland.
Method 3: With Cacao Butter, Spearmint OIl and Green French Clay
Cacao butter is an effective natural moisturizer that is rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin E helps heal the skin and prevent scarring fro blackhead breakouts. Cacao butter helps nourish the skin with essential fatty acids that help the skin retain its natural pH and moisture balance. The oils in the cacao butter in this recipe also help the skin attract moisture and keep it, so that the skin pores on your legs are not provoked into producing extra oil because they are too dry.
The spearmint essential oil in this recipe stimulates the blood circulation to your legs and encourages the rapid turnover of new skin cells. Spearmint Essential oil is also a powerful antimicrobial agent that disinfects your pores and prevents yeast infections. Like the spearmint oil, the Green French Clay in this mixture is also a natural disinfectant that helps dry out the comedones of the blackhead so they fall right out of the skin pores. Green French clay also tightens the pores and bleaches the skin slightly so that scars and swelling that are the result of a breakout of blackheads are less apparent.
- 1Mix together two cups of Green French clay powder, with two cups warm water and blend the two ingredients together into a thick paste.You can also blend this mixture together in a blender. Two cups of each ingredient should be enough to do both legs. Note that you can always make more or less as needed, as long as you equal parts of water and clay. Green French clay is available in many cosmetic supply stores, craft supply stores and also some drug stores.Advertisement
- 2Prepare an area where you will apply the mask.As it can be a bit messy you might want to apply it while sitting on the edge of a bathtub or even outdoors so that any runoff ends up in your grass or garden. French green clay is an excellent fertilizer for plants and you can remove any excess with a garden hose if you decide to sit out in the sun with the mask on your legs.
- 3Apply the paste to the area of your legs that is affected by the blackheads and leave it on for a half an hour.You can use a cosmetic brush or plastic gloves to put it on your legs, but this mask is also very beneficial for the skin on the hands as well. It might also be easier to apply the mask with a stroking motion to get full coverage of wherever you need it. If you feel burning, extreme itchiness or detect that your skin is swelling or turning red, remove the mask immediately. It is possible that you are allergic to either the French Green clay or the Spearmint oil in the mix. It is normal for your skin to feel tingly and a bit cool after this treatment. It is a result of the spearmint oil cooling down the inflammation in your pores.
- 4Remove the green clay mask from your legs by standing in the shower under lukewarm water.There is no need to wash your legs off after the application of this mask. You want the disinfecting agents in this mask to continue doing their job of clarifying and healing the skin for many hours after you apply it.
- 5It is best to use this mask once a week.Essential oil of spearmint is very strong and can cause allergic reactions in some people. Spearmint essential oil should not be used by pregnant women as a mask for blackheads in any situation. If your skin appears rough or red, stop using it immediately, as it could indicate an allergy to the oil.
Method 4: With Fuller's Earth and Honey
Fuller's Earth Clay is a very astringent, cleansing clay that is used for the purposes of cleansing and tightening the skin. It also works to improve the appearance of blackheads on the legs because it has mild bleaching qualities that help areas of the skin that seem a bit dark because of blackhead breakouts. It is particularly good for treating large areas of skin that suffer from an over production of oil. It also reduces the look of scars due to any type of blemish on the leg, including burns, cuts and insect bites. Yet another unique quality of this type of clay is that it draws oil from the porous surface of your skin. The liquid honey in this mixture is a potent disinfectant that helps the Fuller's Earth cling to the skin. Honey is a substance with strong antibacterial and anti-fungal qualities that helps prevent the development of blackheads and acne,
- 1Mix together two cups Fuller's Earth with two cups warm water and two tablespoons of liquid honey.Try to use raw liquid organic honey if it is available. Blend the mixture together well so that all of the ingredients make a spreadable paste. The muddy, glossy paste should be the texture of buttercream icing and it should also be quite sticky.
- 3Apply the Fuller's Earth and honey mask to your legs with your hands, being sure to cover every area that is affected by blackheads.Fuller's earth is quite fine and unlikely to remove a manicure but if this is a concern you can always wear cosmetician's gloves to apply the mixture. It is best to apply it with your hands in order to get full smooth coverage of your legs. If you are doing the backs of your legs you may have to get a friend to assist you with the application.
- 4Leave the mixture on your legs for thirty minutes or longer and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.The Fuller's Earth and honey mask is ready to be rinsed off your legs when it is dry, crusty and a bit powdery.
- 5Remove the green clay mask from your legs by standing in the shower under lukewarm water.There is no need to wash your legs off after the application of this mask as you want any residue from the Fuller's Earth and honey to continue doing their work of disinfecting and tightening your pores. It is also best to wait at least twenty-four hours before you shave your legs, apply sunscreen or apply creams or lotions to the skin of your legs.
- 6This blackhead removal mask for the legs is gentle enough for you to use every day on your skin if needed.If your skin develops small red bumps, discontinue use of the mask as it could mean that you are one of those rare individuals who is allergic to French Green Clay.
,method name="With Chickpea Powder and Sesame Oil"></method>
Chickpea flour is also known as garbanzo bean powder and besan flour. Chickpea flour is a nutritious natural exfoliant for the skin. Very few people are allergic to chickpea flour and it is idea for using on large patches of skin, such as your entire legs. The very fine chickpea flour also contains, magnesium and zinc, which are minerals that naturally reduce inflammation and prevent chronic breakouts. When moistened with the sesame oil, the chickpea flour also helps to moisturize the skin and draw water to the skin cells, which also helps it heal. It also pulls toxins and infections, from bad shaving or waxing practices, out of the pores. The sesame oil in this recipe is very rich in essential fatty acids that help moisturize the skin and also help it heal faster
- 1Mix three cups of chick pea flour with two cups of warm water and one cup of sesame oil to make a smooth spreadable paste.The texture of the mixture should be slightly muddy. If the mixture seems too drippy, simply add more chickpea powder to it to thicken it up to a spreadable state. If it seems too thick, add a bit more water to the mixture to make it more manageable.
- 2Apply the chickpea flour and sesame oil mixture to your legs with your hands.If you are worried about damaging a manicure, you might want to wear cosmetic gloves, as the flour in the mask can damage your nails. You may also want to put down towels or plastic to catch any stray bits of the clay, as the mixture is quite loose. Another solution is to apply the mixture to your legs while you are sitting outside or apply it while you are sitting over the edge of the bathtub. That will contain some of the mess as the flour mixture dries.
- 3Leave this mixture on your legs for twenty minutes.You will be able to feel the wet chickpea flour drying as it shrinks and tightens up the pores on the skin of your legs.
- 4Get in the shower and rinse any debris from the mask off of your legs with chilly water.You can also rinse the mixture off outside with a garden hose. This will help further close up the pores and stimulate blood in the smaller blood vessels so that it travels to the skin cells. There is also no need to wash your back after applying this mask as you want the emollients and vitamins in the sesame oil to continue to moisturize your skin pores for some hours afterwards.
- 5You can do this chickpea flour and sesame oil mixture for blackhead removal three times a week.If your skin feels oily or excessively dry, which are both conditions that could provoke outbreaks of blackheads, then do the mask once a week instead.
Method 5: With Pineapple Puree, Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar
The key to success when using this mask is to make the puree out of the tough pineapple skin, which acts as an abrasive to remove tough comedones and remove the top layer of skin cells. Aside from being a generous source of vitamins A and C, which helps heal the skin, pineapples contain bromelain, a potent anti-inflammatory that can help calm down troubled skin that is overproducing oil. The mix of pineapple fruit puree and apple cider vinegar helps to balance the pH of the skin on your legs so that it is less likely to create an environment that is friendly to bacteria. Apple cider vinegar is also a potent disinfectant that rids skin pores of harmful microorganisms. The baking soda adds more exfoliation to the skin scrub and it also helps to make the environment for your skin more alkaline, which discourages bacteria and fungal growth.
- 1Chop up a ripe pineapple plus skin into rough chunks.You can easily slice off the bottom of the pineapple into a disk shape and then cut it up into squares with a very sharp knife.
- 2Puree the chopped up chunks of pineapple in a blender.You want this puree to be a bit coarse in texture, so leave tiny bits of the coarse pineapple skin intact.
- 3Add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of baking soda to the pineapple puree and blend it again.It is normal for this mixture to be a bit fizzy due to chemical reactions occurring between the baking soda, vinegar and the fruit acids in the pineapple pulp.
- 4Prepare an area where you can apply this scrub without making a mess.You might want to apply it out of doors, where you can rinse it off later using a garden hose. You may want to lay down plastic or towels in the preparation area or apply it while sitting on the edge of the bathtub. You might also want to put a metal strainer in your shower drain to catch any pineapple pulp that is removed from your legs.
- 5Apply the scrub to your leg skin and make sure that any areas that are badly infected with blackheads are well treated.Before you apply this mask, make sure that the skin on your legs is clean and dry and that it has been at least 24 hours before you last shaved them or used a depilatory on them. This is because freshly abraded skin will be oversensitive to the strong alpha hydroxy acids in the pineapple.
- 6Leave the pineapple, baking soda and apple cider mixture on your back for at least fifteen minutes but ideally for thirty minutes .The fruit acids in the pineapple and will dry up the oils on your skin and lift the oily comedones from your pores. The apple cider vinegar will also help to dry out your skin and disinfect it.
- 7Step into the shower and moisten the mask a little, scrubbing your legs hard with a coarse washcloth to remove the blackheads.If you can't reach down to scrub your legs, you can try scrubbing the area with a loofah or sponge that has a long handle.
- 8Rinse the mixture off of your back with hot water and then flush your skin once again with very cold water when you are certain that all of the pineapple pulp is removed.There is no need to cleanse your skin after this scrub as it will have been cleaned and deodorized by the baking soda and vinegar.
- 9Pat your wet skin dry with a clean towel.It is best to let the skin on your legs air out for a few hours after the treatment so that the lactic acids in the fruit and malic acids in the vinegar can do their work of cleaning up the grease and dead skin debris in your pores.
- 10You can apply this mask to your legs every second day if you like.It is very gentle but also very effective for those who suspect that their issues with blackheads are caused by ingrown hairs or dead skin cells from depilatory use clogging the pores.
Method 6: With Avocado, Oatmeal and Honey
When mashed up with oatmeal that has, avocados become an effective scrub and mask for the skin. The flaky dry oatmeal rubs against the blemishes as you scrub away at legs , helping to remove grease, dead skin cells and clogs from pores. Avocados are rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants that help heal the skin and keep it from scarring. Oatmeal, when wet, also helps the skin hydrate itself and nourishes it topically with B vitamins. When combined with honey, which is also a natural disinfectant, the skin of your legs becomes resistant to further infections that cause blackheads.
- 1Cut a large avocado in half and remove the large seed.One big avocado should be enough to do both legs but if your legs are especially large you might want to use two medium to large avocados.
- 2Remove the soft inner flesh of the avocado halves with a spoon or knife and put it in a blender.If the avocado is just a bit under ripe you might be able to turn it inside out and deposit the avocado flesh easily into the blender container.
- 3Add two tablespoons of liquid honey and a cup of dry flaky oatmeal to the avocado and then blend all of the ingredients well to make a paste.If the mixture is too thick, then add a bit more honey and if it is too thin, add a bit more oatmeal until a spreadable texture is achieved.
- 4Use your fingers to apply the thick avocado, oatmeal and honey mask in thin layers to your legs.Make sure your skin is clean and dry before you do this. If you do not want to get your hands sticky, you can wear plastic cosmetic gloves or apply the mix with a cosmetic spatula or flat side of a popsicle stick or dull plastic knife. As this mixture is part mask and part scrub, it is a bit looser and you can expect bits of oatmeal to fall off while it dries. For this reason, you might want to apply this mask outside or in an area that you can easily clean, such as the bathtub or shower. It is a also a good idea to have a metal strainer on your sink drain to catch bits of the oatmeal and avocado scrub when you rinse it off later.
- 5Leave the mixture on your legs for at least twenty minutes, but ideally an hour.You will feel mask tighten up the skin on your legs as it dries.
- 6Before you remove this mask, scrub your legs well with it, paying attention to those areas on your legs that need the blackheads removed the most.If the mask feels really dry, moisten it a bit with a few sprinkles of water to make it looser.
- 7Rinse your legs off with very hot water and then cool water.This is best done in the shower. You might want to do it outside with a garden hose in an area that might benefit from the compostable avocado and oatmeal.
- 8Pat your legs dry with a clean towel.There is no need to wash your legs after applying this mask as they will have been cleaned and disinfected by the liquid honey.
- 9This avocado, oatmeal and honey mask is gentle enough to use on your legs once a day.Avoid applying creams, lotions or shaving your legs for 24 hours after you apply it so that the emollients in the avocado and oatmeal have time to work on your skin pores.
Method 7: With Margarine and Coarse Salt
One of the benefits of using a creamy substance like margarine for a leg scrub is that it efficiently covers a large area of the skin without being too expensive. This scrub is based on the principle that "you can use oil to remove oil." There are poly-unsaturated and monosaturated fats in margarine that help soften the hard cores of blackheads so that seem to melt away from your legs as you scrub away at them with a washcloth. The white table salt in this simple blackhead removal mixture, acts as an exfoliant, helping to remove the tougher comedones from your skin. You can use any type of margarine for this blackhead removal treatment for your legs, including brands that are made from olive oil.
- 1Blend 1 and 1/2 cups of margarine together with 3 cups white table salt to make a smooth spreadable paste.For most people this amount is enough to do both legs, but you can add more of the ingredients if need be by keeping the margarine and salt proportionate at 1:2.
- 2Use your fingers to smooth the scrub in thin layers to your legs and vigorously scrub all areas of your legs that are affected with blackheads.Make sure your skin is clean and dry before you do this. If you do not want to get your hands greasy, you can wear plastic cosmetic gloves to protect them.
- 4Pat your legs dry with a clean towel.After this treatment your legs should feel moisturized, but not greasy.
- 5You can do this margarine and salt treatment twice a week.Do not continue to do it if the oily margarine causes further breakouts on your skin instead of relieving the dryness that causes breakouts.
Method 8: With Turmeric Powder and Bentonite Clay
Bentonite clay is very fine, nutritious earth that is muddy in texture when mixed with water. It is perfect for treating blackheads on large areas of the body such as the legs, because it is so absorbent. Bentonite clay is also antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory. The longer you let the clay it sit on your skin, the better able it is to dry up any blackheads and cause them to fall out. This detoxifying clay removes any dry skin and dead skin cells that might be causing the blackheads. The turmeric powder in this mask is a powerful disinfectant that kills the bacteria, yeast and fungus that might be causing the blackheads in the first place. Turmeric is also a potent astringent that naturally tightens the pores on your legs, making them less likely to trap dead skin cells and grease from lotions, sunscreen and shaving cream.
- 1Buy both the turmeric powder and bentonite clay at either health food store, grocery store or drug store.Bentonite clay is sold in bags or jars. Turmeric is also sold in bags, tins or airs. You will need at last three cups of the bentonite clay to make enough to cover both legs.
- 2Mix four cups of water with one cup of ground powdered turmeric and three cups of bentonite clay powder in a large bowl or basin and stir it well with a spoon or spatula.Your goal here is to make a smooth paste than can easily be spread on your legs.
- 3Prepare an environment for applying the mask on your legs.You may want to do this outside and then rinse the mask off your legs later. You can also lay down a sheet of plastic or old towels that you do not mind being stained yellow or green to catch the drips. To avoid making a mess, you can opt to apply this mask to their legs while sitting on the edge of a dry bathtub.
- 4Apply the mixture to your legs, being sure to cover the areas of skin that are most affected by blackheads.It is easiest to apply the mixture with your hands, smoothing it over the areas of skin needed. However, if you are worried about damaging a manicure you can also apply it with a kitchen spatula or while wearing plastic cosmetician gloves.
- 5Leave this turmeric and bentonite clay mixture on your legs for at least twenty minutes or for as long as an hour.If you like, you can cover your legs with plastic sheeting or towels to help contain any messes.
- 6Before removing the mask, massage the clay it deeply into the pores of your skin.This helps polish and resurface the top layer of your leg skin, as well as stimulate circulation to skin cells.
- 7Rinse any clay debris from the mask off with hot water and then cold water and then dry your legs with a clean towel.There is no need to wash your legs with soap after this soap as the idea is to let the antioxidants in the bentonite clay and the turmeric continue to do their work of tightening and repairing pores for a few hours afterwards. It is also a good idea to wait 24 hours before you apply any lotions, creams or sunscreens to your legs or before you shave your legs or use a depilatory.
- 8You can do this blackhead removal mask on your legs two or three times a week if you like.Although bentonite clay and turmeric are both very astringent, they are also healing substances that are very balancing for the skin. This recipe for blackhead removal is also well tolerated by people with sunburn or razor burn on their legs.
Method 9: With Ground Almonds, Brown Sugar and Coconut Oil
In this particular recipe for removing blackheads from your legs, ground almonds and brown sugar are used to gently exfoliate the top layer of skin. Almonds contain essential fatty acids that help nourish and heal the skin and brown sugar contains alpha-hydroxy and glycolic acids that aid in preventing scarring of the skin. Coconut oil is the emollient ingredient that is rich in fatty acids and helps soften and remove hardened greasy plugs. Coconut oil is also a natural anti-bacterial agent and discourages the growth of fungus and yeast infections on the skin of the legs. Coconut oil is also an efficient cleanse that uses the principle of "oil can remove oil "to clean and disinfect the skin pores.
- 1Mix 1/2 cup of finely ground almonds with two cups of brown sugar 1/2 of a cup of coconut oil in a bowl.Combine the ingredients together to make a thick spreadable paste. You can grind up the almonds yourself in a blender or you can use the finely ground almond powder that is found packaged in the baking aisle of the grocery store or in the bulk section of a natural health store.
- 2Sit in a chair that is covered with a towel or on the side of the bathtub and apply the mixture to the affected part of your legs making circular scrubbing motions.The scrub is very mild and fine to apply with your hands, but if you want to protect a manicure form the minor scratches that can be caused by the almond powder, then wear cosmetic gloves. It is also a good idea to have a metal or plastic strainer over the drain to catch any almond debris that could fall off of your legs.
- 3Leave the almond scrub on your legs for about fifteen minutes.This allows your skin to absorb the beneficial essential fatty acids from the ground almonds and the coconut oil.
- 4Get in the shower, and with the water turned off, scrub your leg skin well again, being sure to pay special attention to those areas of your legs that are most affected by blackheads.You can use a hot and wet coarse cotton wash cloth to perform this second scrubbing of your legs.
- 5Shower off the almond, sugar and coconut mixture with hot water and then follow up with a blast of cold water from the shower.There is no need to wash your legs after applying this scrub because the mixture will have done a great job of thoroughly cleansing and moisturizing the treated area.
- 6Pat the skin of your legs dry with a clean towel.Do not apply any type of shaving cream moisturizer to the area after you are done as that could cause the skin pores on your legs to become clogged again and trigger a new breakout of blackheads.
- 7This treatment for blackheads on your legs is so gentle that you can apply it to your legs every day twice week.It is normal for your skin to look a little red after a treatment, due to the mildly abrasive nature of using ground almonds, however, keep in mind that helps stimulate the circulation in your skin, which also helps skin cells repair and renew themselves.
Method 10: With Avocado Oil, Lemon Juice and White Table Salt
Avocado oil is a very thick oil meant for use on the skin that you can buy in cosmetic supply stores and natural health food stores. It is very rich in vitamins A and E, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, that have almost miraculous abilities when it comes to healing the skin. Avocado oil also contains antioxidants that help prevent heal skin rapidly and prevent it from further infection. The small amount of lemon juice in this recipe, contains a good amount of Vitamin C, which helps prevent scarring. Lemon juice is also an effective disinfectant and toner of the skin, helping to shrink skin pores so that they do not succumb to blackheads again. Fine white salt is an efficient polisher of the skin, helping to smooth away the tops of blackheads and debris from ingrown hairs. Blackheads caused by ingrown hairs are often the consequence of shaving the legs or using depilatories.
- 1Mix 1/2 cup of avocado oil with ½ cup of lemon juice and two cups of fine white table salt in a bowl.Combine the ingredients together to make a coarse, grainy scrub.
- 2Sit in a chair that is covered with a towel or at the side of the bathtub and apply the mixture to the affected part of your legs with energetic circular scrubbing motions.The can easily be applied with your bare hands, but if you can wear cosmetic gloves to apply it if you fear ruining a manicure.
- 3Leave the almond scrub on your legs for about fifteen minutes.This allows your pores to absorb the beneficial essential fatty acids from the avocado oil and benefit from the disinfecting action of the lemon juice.
- 4Get in the shower, and with the water turned off, scrub all of the blackheads away from your leg skin.You can use a coarse cotton wash cloth, that is has been soaked with very hot water to scrub away at your legs.
- 5Shower off the avocado oil and lemon mixture off of your legs using the coolest water that you can stand.There is no need to wash your legs after this scrub because the salt and lemon in the mixture will have serve to thoroughly clean and tone the skin pores on your legs and the avocado oil needs an opportunity to deeply moisturize and nourish your skin pores.
- 6Pat the skin of your legs dry with a clean towel.Do not apply any type of shaving cream moisturizer to the area or shave the area after you are done to avoid clogging up pores and provoking a new breakout of blackheads.
- 7This treatment for blackheads on your legs is so gentle that you can apply it toe very day twice week.It is normal for your skin to look a little red after a treatment, due to the acidic nature of the lemon juice. If the skin on your legs develops photosensitivity, where patches of skin turn darker in the sun, then don't use this type of mask on your legs.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- If you have a pedicure or massage at a salon make sure that you are dealing with a reputable place that will not use bacteria-ridden products or tools to treat you
- Wear long pants and proper coverings on your legs when walking in tall grass to avoid allergic reactions and bug bites that can cause inflammatory reactions and the development of blackhead comedones in your pores
- It is best to use a regular razor, preferably with five blades, to facilitate a smoother shave and to stop using disposable razors altogether
- Never use anyone else's razor to shave your legs
- If the blackheads on your legs are really bad, stop shaving or using depilatories on your legs for a month to give your skin a chance to heal as it may be the constant hair removal that is provoking a reaction
- Get your legs professionally waxed to make sure that all hair is removed properly to avoid clogged skin pores
- Make sure you are using your own clean towel to clean your legs and never borrow one, as borrowed towels could harbour fungus and bacteria
- Make sure that you wash all of the soapy product off your legs after you have a bath or a shower
- If you go wading in a lake or a river, be sure to rinse your legs off afterwards to make sure that you are not going to contract any type of infection
- Replace scrubbers, loofahs and any other products that you use to clean your legs every three to four months to avoid infecting your legs with bacteria or fungus
- Protect the skin on your legs from burning in the summer by wearing sunscreen, except right after having a treatment to remove blackheads
- Eat a healthy diet and avoid junk food as an unhealthy diet starves your skin of the nutrients that it needs to perform the healthy repair of skin pores
- If you sit a lot at the office or at home be sure that the chair that you use is clean; disinfect it with Lysol if you suspect it is harbouring bacteria or fungus
- Drink eight to ten glasses of water every day to help protect your skin
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin as you could cause a burn or dermatitis and trigger breakouts
- Do not use essential oils to treat blackheads if you are pregnant; consult with your doctor first
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Skin Care & Diseases
Recent edits by: Donna