Get Rid of Blackheads on Your Chest With A Buttermilk, Honey and Brown Sugar Scrub vs Raspberry Puree and Baking Soda vs Tomato Pulp, Garlic Paste and Iodized Salt ... and 3 more
Edited by Donna, Eng
Blackheads on your chest occur for a variety of reasons including:
- Wearing sunscreen every day, which can clog up your pores in the chest area due to a mix of old sweat trapped beneath heavy, greasy chemicals
- Spending too much time in the sun without sunscreen, which causes skin pores to overproduce skin oils (sebum) and that in turn causes breakout of blackheads
- Not washing your clothes or your body every day, which leads to the kind of poor hygiene that causes outbreaks of blackheads
- Sweating excessively so that your pores become clogged with body secretions (this is especially common in older people or obese individuals who tend to sweat a lot when they exercise)
- Failing to rinse shampoos or soaps that run down off your hair and face and onto your chest after washing in the shower, thus allowing oils and soap to clog your pores
- Soaking in a bath that is rich in oils and failing to rinse the oil off afterwards
- Wearing shirts or bras that are too tight that cause chafing in the area, leading eventually to an infection or problems with chronic inflammation
- Wearing fabrics that you are allergic to such as latex or wool, which leads to dermatitis and ultimately to blackhead breakouts
- Shaving your chest with a dull razor, which can cause ingrown hairs
- Failing to remove shaving cream from your chest after shaving, which causes clogged pores
- Hormonal changes such as menopause, perimenopause or puberty which can cause skin pores to overproduce oil and ultimately produce hard little blackheads
- Having skin tags in the chest area that bleed and get infected, causing blackheads and the kind of chronic inflammation that can lead to blackhead breakouts (a disorder associated with having Type II Diabetes)
- Sleeping on dirty sheets that are contaminated with fungus, yeast, bacteria and skin oils
- Certain medical conditions such as Type II Diabetes that cause poor rates of healing and cell repair can cause blackheads on the chest
- A fungal infection from candida can affect the skin on the chest, particular if you are a woman who is wearing a lot of tight clothing or exercising a lot
- An allergy to a skin cream or lotion can cause blackheads, especially if it contains lanolin or a very heavy mineral oil
- Using washcloths and towels twice to clean your skin can cause a breakout of blackheads
- Certain auto-immune conditions such as HIV and Lupus can comprise the body's immune system and cause breakouts of blackheads on your chest
- Eating a diet high in grease, fat and refined sugars and starches can throw your body out of balance and cause issues with blackheads.
- Lying on your stomach in a sauna or in a pool area where there might be fungus could provoke an auto-immune reaction that can cause breakouts.
Method 1: With A Buttermilk, Honey and Brown Sugar Scrub
Buttermilk is a food that is very rich in lactic acids that can help remove blackheads, resurface the top layer of skin and assist with the fast regeneration of healthy new cells. Buttermilk also helps prevent scarring in people whose chests might be heavily infested with swollen pores because it is a mild resurfacer and also a bleacher of traumatized skin tissue.
The liquid honey in this mixture is strongly antibacterial and kills yeast and fungus. It also acts on candida yeast, which is a common cause of blackheads forming under the breasts due to sweating, hormones and ill-fitting bras or swimwear. Honey is also sticky enough to help pull the oily plugs of the blackheads right out of the pores as it is massaged on the skin of the chest. The coarse brown sugar used in this scrub is a gentle, yet effective exfoliant that brings nourishment to skin cells while at the same time removing oils, grease and dead skin cells that may be causing breakouts.
- 1The result will be a very sticky, yet slightly creamy mixture with a grainy texture full of large sugar crystals. If the sugar is melting in the liquids, add more of it until you reach a texture that more resembles a scrub.Mix ¾ of a cup of buttermilk, ½ cup of liquid honey and two and one half cups of soft, coarse brown sugar in a bowl.Advertisement
- 2This mixture can drop off of the chest and because it is so sticky it can be hard to clean up. If you apply it in the shower, you do not have to worry so much about mess as the hot water from the shower will dissolve the sugar and honey in the mask and allow any stickiness it to swirl down the drain.Prepare the treatment area by putting down plastic or towels if need be or prepare to apply the blackhead removal mix for your chest in the shower.Advertisement
- 3This is the first part of gently dermabrade your chest skin to attempt to polish the blackheads off of your skin. It is fine to apply this mixture with your hands, as the mixture is very good for the skin anywhere on your body, but you can also use a large spatula, a cosmetic brush to apply the mixture if you want. If you fear that the mixture will ruin a manicure you can wear plastic cosmetician's gloves to protect your hands.Apply the mask to your chest using massaging, circular motions to encourage the dislodging of the blackheads from your pores.
- 4This gives the all of the ingredients a chance to sink into the skin and gently remove the upper layer of the dermis, which is where the oil in the clogged pores lies.Leave this mixture on your chest for about fifteen minutes and as long as an hour if you have the time.
- 5Using very cold water also has a tightening action and helps close up your pores so that they are less likely to accumulate dirt and grease. You should just avoid washing your chest after the application of this mask so that the lactic acids from the buttermilk and the honey can do their job of disinfecting and resurfacing the skin.Rinse the chest mask the shower quickly, using more polishing and massaging movements to scrub the skin and then rinse it off with very cold water.
- 6If redness or swelling occurs as a result of the powerful cleansing action of the buttermilk then only do it once a week.You can do this mask for blackhead removal on the chest three times a week.
Method 2: With Raspberry Puree and Baking Soda
This mix of raspberry puree and baking soda is very cleansing and astringent and helps kill the bacteria and fungus that might be causing blackout breakouts on your chest. The naturally high Vitamin C content of the raspberries helps to heal the skin and prevent scars. The tiny hard seeds inside of the raspberries are very effective scrubbing agents that help dislodge the blackheads from their pores.
Baking soda is a very fine and effective polisher of the skin that helps you manually remove blackheads from the pores through scrubbing. It also helps balance the pH of your skin that it is more alkaline. The bacteria and the fungus that cause blackheads do not thrive in alkalinized skin tissues. Baking soda also has a mild bleaching effect on the pores of the skin so that they no longer look as dark.
- 1You want this puree to be like a spreadable jam with many little seeds in it. It is also fine to leave the stems on the raspberries in this case as you will not be consuming and the raspberry leaf also has many antibacterial agents in it.Puree one cup of whole raspberries in a blender.Advertisement
- 2Blend everything together well to form a fine thick paste. If the mask seems too thick, you can always add a bit of water or even a few drops of lemon juice to it. If you add a dash or two of lemon juice to it, you will up the Vitamin C content of the mask as well.Add two cups of baking soda to the raspberry fruit puree in the blender.
- 3The bright red raspberry juice can stain sheets and furniture so be sure to cover areas with plastic or towels to prevent messes if you decide that you do not want to wait in the shower for it to dry.Prepare an area to pamper yourself where you can apply the raspberry mask or decide that you will apply it in the shower to minimize any mess.
- 4You can use your bare hands to apply the mask as the fruit acids in the raspberry scrub and mask are also beneficial for the hands, making them look younger and cleaner. The small black seeds and wiry fibers in the raspberry will act as a scrub to remove the oily clogs from your skin pores in your chest area.Apply the raspberry mixture to the dry clean skin on your chest where it is needed or to be thorough, apply it to your entire chest and scrub it thoroughly.
- 5The fruit acids in the fruit puree will dry up the oils on your skin and lift the oil from your pores and the baking soda will help draw out any toxins from your skin. To make the mask more efficient, consider sitting in a sauna or in the sun so that it dries up faster.Leave the raspberry mixture on your chest for at least fifteen minutes but ideally for a full hour or even longer.
- 6You can also use a real or synthetic loofah or a coarse cotton washcloth to gently remove any fruit debris from your chest. It is also a good idea to have a drain catch in your bathtub to catch any small chunks of fruit or larger seeds that might clog your drain.Step into the shower and remove rinse the mixture off of your chest, first with hot water and then flush your skin once again chilly water to close the pores.
- 7There is no need to cleanse your skin after this particular treatment unless you feel that your skin feels really sticky from the raspberry puree or if you feel itchy or uncomfortable. It is best to let the skin breathe a few hours after the treatment so that the lactic acids in the raspberries can do their work of continuing to melt down the oils and dead skin cells that are causing breakouts on your chest. Avoid applying sunscreen, anti-aging lotions or any moisturizers to your chest after this treatment or you could trigger another breakout of blackheads.Once you are out of the shower, pat your skin dry with a very clean towel.
- 8It is very gentle but also very effective for those who suspect that their issues with blackheads are caused by an oversecretion of oil due to hormonal causes.You can apply this mask to your back every second day if you like.
Method 3: With Tomato Pulp, Garlic Paste and Iodized Salt
This powerful scrub helps remove blackheads from the chest that seem to be the result of a chronic fungal or yeast infection. The garlic paste in this recipe contains allicin, a potent disinfectant and killer of all infections and a bit of moisturizing canola or olive oil, depending on which brand you decide to buy. Garlic also contains Vitamin C, magnesium and zinc, which help to clean the skin. The fresh raw organic tomatoes in this recipe also have fruit acids that painlessly melt away the top dead layers of skin on your chest as well as any blackheads that may be proliferating there. The fine grains of iodized sea salt helps you exfoliate every single pore of your skin so that the oily cores of the blackheads fall out easily. All of these ingredients attract moisture to the skin as well as stimulate your body's circulation to encourage the repair of skin tissue in the chest area.
- 3It is fine to use your hands, and in fact, this mask is good for making your hands look younger and feel smoother. Make sure the skin on your hands and chest are clean and dry before application as the mask may not stay put on skin that is sweaty or greasy.While standing or sitting apply the mixture on your chest.
- 4Be sure to pay special attention to the areas of your chest that are afflicted badly with the blackheads and scrub those areas a bit harder.Leave the mixture on for about fifteen minutes, so that the nutrients from the ingredients can soak into your sin and then using a polishing motion, massage the upper layers of your skin.
- 5There is no need to wash your chest with soap and water afterwards but if you do not like the smell of garlic and tomatoes you can use a very mild glycerin based lemon-scented soap to gently wash the area clean. Soaps that are made with lemon peel are especially good at removing the garlic smell from your body.Shower the tomato, garlic and salt mixture off of your chest with hot water, followed by a shot cool water.
- 7Note that this blackhead removal mask is most effective if you leave it on as a mask as long as possible.You can do this treatment up to three times a week as a safe way to deal with blackheads on your chest.
Method 4: With Greek Yogurt and Rose Clay
Rose clay is a very fine, pink clay that is excellent for treating blackheads because it is so absorbent and has the ability to draw out toxins and oils from the skin. Rose clay is perfect for treating blackheads on large areas of the body like the chest and it is particularly beneficial for women who are breaking out in blackheads as the result of hormonal imbalances. Rose clay is also naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal substance that is particularly effective on blackheads that form as the result of yeast infections, a common problem for diabetics and women in menopause.
The longer you let the clay it sit on your skin, the better able it is to dry up any oily hard blackhead cores and cause them to drop out of your skin pores. Rose clay will also remove any dry skin and dead skin cells that might be making your skin problems worse. When mixed with Greek yogurt, this blackhead removal mask for the chest benefits from lactic acids that help bleach and resurface the skin so it is more attractive looking. Both Greek yogurt and rose clay help minimize the possibility of scarring as the result of having blackheads.
- 1Rose clay is sold in bags or jars. You will need at last two cups of the rose clay powder to make enough so that you have a mask that can cover your whole chest, unless you are only treating a small area. This is not a problem because mixing the powder to water ratio for this type of clay is always 1:1.Buy rose clay at a health food store or drug store.
- 3As an added bonus, this rose clay mask will also help treat any blemishes or dry skin on your hands.Apply the rose clay mask to your chest with your hands.
- 4It helps to sit in a sauna or in the sun while you are wearing this mask, as it helps the clay tighten and dry out the pores. Sitting in a hot, dry environment with the rose clay mask on your face can help increase the effectiveness of the mask as well as help it work in half the time.Leave the rose clay and yogurt mixture on your chest for at least fifteen minutes or for as long as an hour.
- 5This way the clay in the mask also acts as a mild exfoliate, helping to remove the blackheads from your clogged pores.Before removing the mask, get into the shower and add a bit of water, then massaging it in the skin.
- 6There is no need to use soap as the idea is to let the antioxidants in the clay and the lactic acids in the Greek yogurt continue to do their work of nourishing and repairing the skin for some hours afterwards. Be sure to wear loose clothing to let your skin pores "breathe a bit" after using this product.Rinse the clay off with very hot water and then very cold water and then dry yourself with a clean towel.
- 7Rose clay and Greek yogurt are both excellent for balancing and calming skin that is breaking out due to an overproduction of oil from the pores.You can do this blackhead removal mask for the chest two or three times a week if you like.
Method 5: With Geranium Ol And French Green Clay
Geranium oil is a powerful astringent and disinfectant that helps dissolve oil and grease. It banishes the fungus and bacteria that can cause blackheads to break out. However geranium oil is also perfect for treating blackhead breakouts that are the result of menopause or perimenopause. Geranium oil is also styptic in nature, which means it can heal up tiny abrasions and scars from blemishes like blackheads without leaving scars. It also very astringent, helping to shrink the pores of the skin after use.
French green clay is a very fine green European clay that is especially good for dealing with blackhead breakouts that might be occurring as the result of hormonal imbalances. It is also a very absorbent substance withdrawing toxins and impurities from the top layer of the dermis. It is also rich in many minerals, including magnesium, which is well known for calming down inflammatory situations and discouraging chronic breakouts that can scar the skin.[[
- 1You can also sometimes find this type of clay in craft stores in the soap making supplies section. Be sure to buy about two cups worth of French Green Clay powder as that is what you will need to cover your entire chest. However if you are only treating a patch of affected skin on your chest then it is fine to use a little less and just treat that area.Image:French green clay_87319.jpg|center|frame|French Green Clay is often sold in pouches.]]Purchase a bag of French Green Clay at a drug store, cosmetic supply store or health food store.
- 2If the mixture seems drippy, simply add more powdered clay to the mix thicken it up so that it has a more spreadable consistency. [Image:mud_93490.jpg|center|frame|center|frame|If the mixture seems too thin, simply add more powder to make a paste for spreading on your chest.]]Mix two cups of French Green clay with two cups of warm water to make a muddy paste.
- 4Bear in mind that this mask is beautifying for any area of your body including your hands. If you do not want to use your hands, you can also use a spatula. You may want to put down towels or plastic to catch any stray bits of mud, but it dries to a powder. It does not stain ceramic or tiles and is easily cleaned up.Apply the mask to your chest with your bare hands.
- 5If you like, you can put on an old t-shirt and tie it just below the ribs to prevent the mask from falling of your chest. Many people simply lie down and enjoy the calming scent of the geranium oil. You will be able to feel the French clay drying as it shrinks and tightens up your pores. To expedite the process you can sit in the sun while wearing the mask on your chest to help it tighten up your pores.Leave this mixture on your chest for thirty minutes or for as long as an hour.
- 6It should come off quite easily as French Green Clay dries to a powder. The tightening action of the muddy mask will help further close up the pores and stimulate your circulation. There is no need to wash your chest after applying this mask as you want the hormonal constituents in the Geranium oil to continue to be absorbed by your skin.Get in the shower and rinse the mask off with cool water.
- 7If redness or swelling occurs where you have placed the mask on your chest, then cease use of it as it can mean that you are allergic to the geranium essential oil.You can do this essential oil of geranium and French Green clay mask for blackhead removal on your chest every day.
Method 6: With Frozen Acai Fruit Puree and Rose Clay
This nutritious purple colored mask is excellent for very sensitive, hormonal skin that keeps breaking out due to hormonal changes. It is also helpful for very dry skin that keeps overproducing oil because of too much chlorine in swimming pools or repeated sunburns. Rose clay is an astringent mud that is especially efficient at tightening the skin while at the same time removing oils and impurities from pores. It is an antibacterial substance that removes fungus and yeast from the surface of the skin, while also reducing any swelling from inflammation pores. Acai fruit is chock full of polyphenolic compounds and tannins that behave like a super-serum for healing the skin. Aside from being full of skin healing Vitamin C and A, Acai berry is also a generous source of medium chain fatty aids. The omega 9 and omega 6 in this berry can succeed at rebalancing hormonally disrupted skin that keeps breaking out. The small seeds and the skin of the acai berry fruit act as beady natural exfoliators. This is an excellent treatment for removing blackheads from the breasts as well as acai fruit seeds are quite soft and do scrape delicate breast tissues. .
- 1Some grocery stores are also now selling frozen acai berries in their frozen fruit aisle. The puree is usually sold in a plastic tub and the berries are usually sold in aluminum pouches. When shopping keep in mind that you will need at last two cups of the blue clay powder to make enough to cover your chest and one cup of the acai puree. You can use any left-overs to cover your neck with this mixture as well.Buy both the blue clay powder and frozen acai berries (or frozen acai berry puree) at a health food store.
- 2Your goal here is to make a smooth substance that then can easily be spread on your chest. If you bought the whole frozen berries, add about two tablespoons of water to a cup of the fruit and then puree them into a paste in a blender.Mix one cup of water of acai puree with two cups of blue clay power and 1 cup of water together in a bowl and then blend the ingredients together to make a paste.
- 3Note that this cleansing combination mask and scrub would be very beneficial for the health of your hands as well. However, if you are concerned about ruining your manicure or purple fruit staining on your skin you can always wear cosmetic gloves. It is also important that your skin is clean, dry and free of makeup before you apply it, so the mixture has a chance to be directly absorbed by your skin pores.You can apply this combination acai mask and scrub to your chest with a cosmetic spatula or with your hands.
- 4You should be able to feel the rose clay tightening the skin on your chest and pulling the blackheads away from the surface of your pores. The fact that the mixture is quite cold, because it was made from frozen fruit, also helps reduce skin inflammation and redness.Leave the acai and rose clay mixture on your chest for at least fifteen minutes or for as long as an hour.
- 5This way the clay in the mask also acts as a mild exfoliant, helping to remove any remaining comedones from your skin. It might be best to do this while standing in the shower to prevent any messes or drips. It also helps to have a metal mesh catch on your drain to stop acai pulp from clogging it.Before removing the mask, massage the mixture deeply into the pores of your skin.
- 6There is no need to wash your face after this treatment as the idea is to let the antioxidants in the rose clay and the nutrients in the frozen acai pulp continue to do their work of nourishing and repairing the skin for hours afterwards.Rinse any debris from the mask off of your face with cold water and then dry yourself off with a very clean towel.
- 7It is rare but some people are allergic to rose clay, because of the natural peat in it. If your chest skin burns or itches, or turns very red, try another natural option for treating your skin instead.You can do this acai berry and clay blackhead removal mask three times a week if you like.
Method 7: With Blackberries, Lemon and Honey
This sweet smelling blackhead removal mixture is part mask and part scrub. The exfoliating agents in it come from the little rough seeds that are part of each blackberry fruit. Blackberries are also a rich source of antioxidants and alpha-hydroxy acids, both of which help regenerate damaged skin cells and prevent the scarring that can occur because of blackhead breakouts. The fresh lemon flesh in this mask is a very rich source of Vitamin C and zinc, which protects the skin from yeast and bacterial infections and helps it heal. Lemon is also very astringent, helping to tighten skin pores and clean them of grease. The honey in this mask is an antibacterial agent that discourages yeast and bacteria from infecting your skin pores. The honey, along with the sticky blackberries also helps to pull the blackheads out of your skin.
- 1If the mixture seems a bit too drippy to adhere to your chest, add a bit more honey. The mixture should be translucent but also a bit grainy.Rinse one cup of fresh raw organic blackberries and deposit them in a blender along with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and two tablespoons of liquid honey and whirl until you have created a scrub.
- 2Make sure that your skin is clean and dry and free of the residue of substances that might interfere with the absorption of the mask such as lotions or sunscreens.Apply this mixture to the area of your chest that is affected by the blackheads.
- 3It is normal for the alpha-hydroxy acids in the blackberries and lemon to cause a tingling sensation in your skin. This is a sign that your circulation is being stimulated in the area that is affected by blackheads.Leave the mixture on your chest for about thirty minutes.
- 4This is best done in the shower as the mixture can be sticky and messy. It is also a good idea to have a strainer in your drain that will help to capture any of the mess from the scrub.Rinse the mask off your skin with hot water, followed by cold water.
- 5It also helps to wear loose clothing and avoid wearing a bra, to avoid agitating the pores of your freshly cleansed skin.Pat your chest dry with a clean towel and let your skin be free of lotions and creams for about three hours afterwards.
- 6If your skin appears to be a bit scraped or seems to be producing more oil after you do it, then do it every three or four days instead.This mask is a bit acidic so it is best to do it every second day.
Method 8: With Pomegranate Puree and Rose Clay
Rose clay is very fine, nutritious clay powder that becomes creamy texture when mixed with water or another liquid. It is perfect for treating blackheads on large areas of the body such as the chest, because it is very inexpensive. Rose clay is also good for skin that is unbalanced hormonally. Rose clay is also a natural and effective antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory agent. It easily withdraws toxins, grease and dirt from the skin pores. It is also a fine exfoliator with a cooling quality that helps to polish away blackheads, while at the same time.
Pomegranate puree is very rich in Vitamin C, anthocyanins and fruit acids that can help resurface the top skin layer and remove the tough hard cores of the black heads. The tiny hard seeds inside of the pomegranate help remove the stubborn oily plugs of the blackheads embedded in the skin.
- 1Rose clay is sold in bags, pouches or jars. You will need at last two cups of the rose clay to make enough to cover your entire chest. If you like, you can extend this effective blackhead removal treatment to your neck and face.Purchase rose clay at a health food store, cosmetic supply store or drug store.
- 2Make a smooth paste than can easily be spread on your chestMix one cups of pomegranate puree with one cup of the rose clay powder and two tablespoons of very hot water in a large bowl or basin basin and stir it well with a spoon or spatula.
- 3It is easiest to apply the mixture with your hands, smoothing it over the areas of skin needed. However, if you are worried about damaging a manicure you can also apply it while wearing plastic cosmetician gloves.Apply the mixture to your chest, being sure to cover the areas of skin that are most affected by blackheads.
- 4If you like, you can cover your chest with plastic sheeting or towels to help prevent any drying clay mask from flaking onto the floor. It is also a good idea to have a strainer in your sink or shower drain to capture any bits of pomegranate puree as you rinse the mask off.Leave this pomegranate puree and rose clay mixture on your legs for at least twenty minutes or for as long as an hour.
- 5This helps polish and resurface your pores, pulling out any oily clogs that might be causing the blackheads.Before removing the mask, massage the clay it deeply into the pores of your skin with a coarse hot, wet washcloth.
- 6There is no need to wash your chest afterwards as the rose clay is deeply cleansing. . It is also a good idea to wait 24 hours before you apply any lotions, creams or sunscreens to your chest. Try to leave your skin exposed, so it can air out a bit as well.Rinse any clay debris from the mask off with hot water and then cold water and then dry your chest gently with a clean towel.
- 7Rose clay and pomegranate puree are substances that are tolerated very well, even by the most sensitive of skins.You can do this blackhead removal mask on your chest every day if you wish.
Method 9: With A Carrot Seed Oil and Dead Sea Salt Compress
Carrot Seed essential oil is a powerful astringent and disinfectant that closes up the pores, preventing scarring and further infection after the blackheads are removed. It is also very rich in Vitamin and carotene, which helps rebuild damaged skin cells and normalize the way your pores produce oil on the skin. The Dead Sea salt in this blackhead removal recipe is a mineral-rich exfoliant that acts as an exfoliant helps scrub away the blackheads and add minerals that are natural anti-inflammatories to the skin, such as magnesium and calcium. Dead Sea salt is also an efficient detoxifier that helps pull grease, oil and microbes out of the skin pores on your chest.
- 1Make sure that all of the ingredients are well blended together.Mix three cups of boiling hot water with 15 drops of pure carrot seed oil and one cup of Dead Sea salt in a bucket or container large enough to hold a large towel.
- 2Cotton towels that have looser threads are best for this. Swirl the towel in the water so that it absorbs the salt and oils evenly. The water in will very hot so be careful not to burn yourself on any steam that might be rising from the basin as you lean over it.Add a thin cotton towel that is big enough to cover your chest on use a stick or large spoon to the basin.
- 3You may want to lie down outside or on a plastic sheet to catch any moisture from the oil and salt compress on the chest.When the water and essential oil solution is cool enough, remove the towel, wring it out well and then place it on your chest.
- 4The hot compress will help steam open the pores and soften any tough blackheads so that it is easier for the skin pores to expel their contents. If your skin feels like it is itchy or like it is burning, then remove the towel immediately and take a cold shower to remove any essential oil residue as it is possible that you are having a reaction to the carrot seed oil.Leave the essential oil compress on your chest for at least fifteen minutes, but ideally for about thirty minutes.
- 5This loosens blackheads from your pores and encourages them to pop out. Many people find that the blackheads are simply scrubbed away during this stage of the treatment.Step into a shower and before you turn on the shower, scrub away at the blackheads on your chest with the towel.
- 6The sudden blast of cold water from the shower will help close your skin pores and stimulate your circulation.Take a hot shower to help rinse the mixture from your chest and then follow up with a rinse in cold water.
- 7Your skin may be pink as it will be slightly stimulated from the use of the carrot seed oil treatment but this is normal.Finish off this blackhead removal treatment by drying your neck gently with a very clean towel.
- 8Don't use it more often than this or you could risk irritating your skin and provoking another breakout.You can do this carrot seed essential oil compress for treating blackheads on your neck once a week.
Method 10: With Vitamin E Oil and Honey
This is a very sticky do-it-yourself mask that has a certain tackiness about it that can help remove blackheads from the skin on your chest. Vitamin E oil is very thick and nourishing and helps attract moisture to the area, important because blackheads are often caused by dryness on the skin that provokes the skin pores into producing more oil. The honey in this mask works as a very strong disinfectant, preventing bacteria and fungi from multiplying in the pores and halting chronic inflammation. Used together Vitamin E oil and honey are a great way to tighten your pores and also prevent your skin from scarring due to blackhead breakouts. This mixture also helps prevent future infections.
- 1You can blend these ingredients with a small whisk or fork until they are evenly mixed. This mixture is so sticky that is not recommended that you put it in a blender as it is very difficult to clean it off of the machine's blades.Mix ¾ of a cup of liquid honey with two tablespoons of Vitamin E oil in a small bowl and blend these ingredients together well.
- 2The longer you leave the mask on, the more effective it will be at helping remove the blackheads. If you like, you can leave it on for as long as two hours.Apply the mixture evenly to your chest with your bare hands, a cosmetic spatula or a flat sided utensil like a dull plastic knife and then let it dry for about 30 minutes.
- 3The mask will have dried into a crusty mask that may take some time to remove, but as you do, the blackheads will come with it.Remove the mask in the shower using very hot water a small scrub brush or loofah brush.
- 4Do not wash your chest area with soap or apply creams or lotions for 24 hours after applying this mask, even if your skin feels a bit sticky. The sticky feeling will eventually wear off.Rinse your chest with very cold water and gently pat the chest skin dry with a clean towel.
- 5Don't do it more often than this as you do risk clogging your pores up with Vitamin E oil and provoking more breakouts.You can do this treatment for blackheads on the chest two or three times a week if you like.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Spend less time in the sun and wear loose white clothing instead of sunscreen to prevent blackhead breakouts on your chest.
- Do not use wear your clothes twice or use towels or washcloths twice to prevent the spread of fungus or bacteria on your chest.
- Rinse yourself well with hot water after shampooing and conditioning to thoroughly clean any product residue off of your chest and then follow up with cold water to close up your pores.
- If you are shaving your chest, always use a very sharp razor with at least five blades and be sure to wash away any shaving cream from body after you are done shaving
- If you have any type of bubble bath or a soak be sure to rinse yourself off with a shower just afterwards to prevent product from building up on your skin and causing a breakout.
- Wear looser clothing to help prevent the possibility of any fibers chafing against your skin and causing breakouts.
- Stay away from wearing tight PVC, leather or latex clothing that hugs the flesh of the chest and does not let your skin pores breath
- Wash your bed linen and night gowns regularly to prevent breakouts of blackheads on your chest
- Avoid using mineral oil on your chest to treat sunburns as that can cause breakouts of blackheads
- Treat fungal infections on your chest immediately with over-the-counter medications such as Micatin, Monistat or Clotrimazole
- Drink lots of water to facilitate the health of the skin cells all over your body
- Eat a healthy diet that consists mainly of fruits, vegetables and protein and stay away from fats, sugars, starches and fried food
- If you spill any drink or food on your chest, remove it immediately; do not let it sit and clog your pores.
- If you are using a mask or a scrub that contains a lot of fruit pulp it is a good idea to place a drain catcher in your bathroom drain, which is a like a small sieve that catches fruit pulp, seeds and other debris so that you do not clog your drain
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Get Rid of Blackheads on Your Chest. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Get_Rid_of_Blackheads_on_Your_Chest
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Get Rid of Blackheads on Your Chest." VisiHow, visihow.com/Get_Rid_of_Blackheads_on_Your_Chest Accessed 27 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Get Rid of Blackheads on Your Chest." Accessed Mar 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Get_Rid_of_Blackheads_on_Your_Chest.
Categories : Skin Care & Diseases
Recent edits by: Donna