Get Rid of Blackheads from Your Palms With Cantaloupe, Coconut Oil and Poppy Seeds
Edited by Donna, Eng, Doug Collins
How to Remove Blackheads From Your Palms
Blackheads can occur anywhere on your hands, including on top and between the fingers but they are most commonly found on the palms of the hands.Blackheads that occur on your palms tend to be caused by poor hygiene and include such behaviors and issues such as:
- Handling oily or greasy objects for extended periods of time without cleaning your hands off
- Failing to remove glue from your hands, especially industrial glue
- Exposing your palms to wet asphalt
- Exposing your hands to petroleum products
- Failing to rinse soap completely off of your hands after washing
- Gardening without gloves and getting grime stuck in your skin pores
- Failing to remove slivers properly, which traumatizes the skin pores of the palms
- Not washing your hands at all. Allowing dirt to accumulate
- Exposure to molds or other allergens, which causes your palms to excrete oils
- Excessive sweating of the palms due to a nervous or physiological condition
- Using deodorant on your palms to conceal excessive sweating
Method 1: From The Palms With A Sugar And Coconut Oil Scrub
Sugar is a powerful exfoliant and coconut oil is a rich moisturizer. When used together in this homemade scrub recipe, the coconut oil helps moisten and soften the oil in pores. The sugar rasps against the skin, removing dead skin cells, as you massage it on your skin. . Coconut oil is also rich in essential fatty acids that nourish the skin and prevents it from drying out. Additionally, if the skin feels well moisturized, as it will after this treatment, it won't produce the excess sebum that causes blackheads.
- 2Scrub your hands vigorously with the coconut oil and sugar mixture for about five minutes.Do this over a basin or sink to catch any drips. Keep rubbing until you see the blackheads on your palms begin to dissolve. If you have blackheads on top of your hands or on your fingers this scrub will succeed in removing blackheads from that area too.Advertisement
- 4Repeat this scrub every day.If your skin appears abraded from all of the rubbing, skip the scrub for a day.
Method 2: From The Palms With A Lemon Juice And Sugar Scrub
Lemon is astringent and rich in Vitamin C, which helps speed healing of inflamed skin. The fruit acids in lemon help cleanse the pores and remove the tough tops of the oily plugs in the blackheads. The sugar in this blackhead removal recipe for the hands gently exfoliates the skin and cleans it.
- 4Repeat this lemon and sugar scrub every day.If your skin appears overly red or feels itchy from the treatment, don't do the scrub for a day.
Method 3: From Your Palms With Dawn Hand Renewal Dish Soap and Sugar
From Your Palms With Dawn Hand Renewal Dish Soap and Sugar
This homemade blackhead removing scrub is said to be very similar to a product called Mary Kay Satin Hands. Dawn Hand Renewal dish soap contains a de-greaser and is a potent moisturizer and disinfectant. The coarse white sugar in this recipe helps scrub off any blemishes. As an added bonus, this scrub also softens your entire hands. Dawn Hand Renewal dish soap is available at most grocery stores and hardware stores.
- 1Combine 2/3 cup of sugar with 1/3 of a cup of Dawn Hand Renewal Dish soap into a bowl or jar and mix thoroughly.You could also use another type of dishwashing liquid but it would not work as well as this particular brand because it contains skin softeners that also help soften the oily blackheads on yours kind.Advertisement
- 2Slather your dry clean hands with the scrub and massage them thoroughly for about two minutes.If your hands feel itchy or abraded, it is time to stop scrubbing. Some people have an allergic reaction to dish soap, and if that is the case, then don't use this particular scrub.
- 4You can use this sugar and dish soap every day.It can also be an effective way to remove very stubborn blackheads from other areas of your body.
Method 4: From Your Palms With Fast Orange
Fast Orange is a very strong hand cleaner, that is used in automotive shops to remove grease, oil and tough sticky stains from the skin. It's use as a beauty product are not well-known, but it smells like oranges and is very gritty. It can also be used by anyone at home to dissolve blackheads on the palms and in other places on the hands. It contains very fine pumice, which helps scrub off all dirt and unplug oily comedones in the skin. The formula also contains glycerin, which helps remove all grease. The aloe and lanolin in also helps moisturize the hands and prevent them from becoming too dry, as it is that dryness that causes skin pores to overproduce sebum and create blackheads.
- 3Rinse your hands clean and pat them dry with a very clean towel.There is no need for a moisturizer after this step as this product is so rich with them.
Method 5: With Cantaloupe, Coconut Oil and Poppy Seeds
Cantaloupe fruit is a very rich source of Vitamins A, C and zinc, which helps boost cell reproduction and quickly heal skin that is damaged from an outbreak of blackheads. The fruit is also very rich in alpha-hydroxy acids, which helps melt away grease and oil from clogged pores. The coconut oil in this homemade hand scrub to remove blackheads is also moisturizing and helps to clear skin of all of the bacteria and fungus that could be causing the blackheads in the first place. The fact that cantaloupe also helps the skin retain water, helps the skin pores to stop over reacting to dryness by overproducing sebum.
- 1Puree one cup of peeled cantaloupe chunks in a blender.In this case, any seeds from the fruit are also welcome to be put in the mixture, because they can be crushed into granules that can function as exfoliating agents.
- 2Add a tablespoon of coconut oil and a ¼ cup of poppy seeds to the mix.Blend the ingredients together well with a fork. The idea is to create a coarse mixture that has the texture of a thick facial scrub.
- 3Apply the cantaloupe scrub to clean dry hands, focusing on rubbing your blackheads off your skin.Rub your skin in concentric circles, polishing off the hard cores of any stubborn large blemishes. It is normal for your skin to sting a little while the poppy seeds and cantaloupe gently abrade the skin of your hands.
- 4Rinse your hands off well with hot water, followed by very cold water and then pat them dry with a very clean towel.Resist the temptation to wash your hands with soap and water after this and do not use lotions or creams on your hands for a couple of hours afterwards.
- 5You can do this hand scrub and mask every day, and as often as three a day until your blackheads are gone.However, unless their blackheads are quite big, most people find their blemishes are rinsed away by the end of the first treatment.
Method 6: With Neroli Essential Oil and Dead Sea Salt
This antiseptic, clarifying hand scrub can help banish blackheads on the hands. The Dead Sea salt acts as an exfoliant that dries out the skin slightly and helps eliminate grime and grease. The neroli oil is very rich in Vitamin C and is full of alpha-hydroxy that helps to dissolve away the top layer of skin. In addition, the Neroli oil in this recipe that helps reduce the chronic inflammation that causes blackheads in the first place because as powerful as it is as a cleanser, it is also an effective moisturizer.
- 1Mix half of a cup of Dead Sea salts with forty drops of neroli oil and blend it well.The mixture should resemble a very coarse scrub and smell like a mixture of flowers and oranges.
- 2Deposit dollops of the orange-scented scrub in your palms and scrub vigorously, paying special attention to the area of your hands that are most affected with blackheads.It is normal for your skin to sting a little as you massage this mixture, which is very astringent and acidic, into your hands.
- 3Rinse your skin off with very cool water.There is no need to wash your hands afterwards as they will have been thoroughly disinfected and cleansed by the Neroli oil and salt mixture.
- 4Dry your hands well with a very clean towel and do not apply lotions or creams to them for a few hours afterwards.It is normal for your skin to look quite pink and a bit raw after this treatment because the neroli oil is deeply stimulating to the circulation.
- 5Repeat this neroli oil and salt hand scrub two to three times a day until all of the blackheads have disappeared from your palms.If your hands blister or discolor while you are in the sun (a skin condition known as photosensitivity), then stop using this particular scrub as it indicates an allergy to the neroli oil.Advertisement
Tips And Tricks
- Replace any rubber gloves that you are using to wash dishes on a regular basis at least once a month as oils and bacteria on your hands can multiply inside of them and cause blackheads
- If you suspect that your sweaty palms is caused by stress, consult with your doctor to see if medication is available to you.
Here are several methods for removing the greasy black comedones from your pores quickly.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Skin Care & Diseases
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna