Get Rid of Blackheads Naturally With Lemon and Milk And a Cotton Ball vs With Pureed Raw Potato and Raw Onions vs With Pureed Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar and Table Salt ... and 12 more
Edited by Donna, Eng, Alma
Getting rid of blackheads naturally might take a little longer than using a drugstore or prescription products that contain lactic acids, glycolic acids or fruit acids but the great results are often the same in the long run. Not only do many fruits, vegetables, vinegars and dairy already contain these healing alpha-hydroxy acids in their purest form, they also are much less expensive than designer skin treatments. Natural treatments for blackheads and other blemishes also appeal most to those who are sensitive to medications or who know that their livers and kidneys are already overloaded with the medications they are currently taking, but that also need to find a way to balance out their skin's pH balance.
Blackheads have many causes including:
- A lowered immune response in the skin to processing toxins as the result of an over-exposure to pollutants in the environment or an invasive disease
- Side-effects of medication that may be taken for depression or other psychological disorders that affect the endocrine or circulatory system
- Failing to drink at least eight glasses of water a day, which causes the skin cells to dry up and produce greasy skin cells that try to compensate for the lack of moisture
- Eating a diet that is high in refined carbs, sugar, starches and unhealthy saturated fats, which causes pores to clog up with oil
- Failing to wash your hands often, especially if you are a nervous individual who constantly touches areas of the body that are prone to breaking out in blackheads such as your chin or nose
- Failing to keep your face clean and going to bed with sweat from exercising or dancing still on your face
- Going to bed without washing all of the makeup off your face
- Drinking a lot of alcohol and being hungover frequently, which starves the skin of moisture and needed nutrients
- Using a toner that dries out your skin excessively, thus causing your pores to dry up and produce excessive skin oils that clog them
- Using heavy creams and sunscreens that suffocate your facial pores with grease
- Shaving your skin with dirty or borrowed razors that spread infections
- Shaving your skin with disposable razor blades or razor blades that have become to dull, causing abrasions on the skins and infections
- Using razors that have less than three blades, which causes a rough shave that allows hair and removed skin cells to linger on the skin
- Failing to wash shaving cream completely off of your skin after shaving
- Letting oily hair spread grease to other parts of your body such as the forehead or neck
- Sleeping on dirty sheets or using dirty or borrowed towels on your skin, thus spreading bacterial and fungal infections that can cause blackheads
- Going through normal hormonal changes such as puberty, menopause or perimenopause
- Borrowing makeup or using testers in cosmetic stores that harbor bacteria and fungus
Method 1: With Lemon and Milk And a Cotton Ball
This is a simple astringent toner that can help soften infected skin and swab away the blackhead. When lemon and milk are combined, the resulting natural curdled substance produces all of the alpha-hydroxy acids in one solution, including lactic acid, citric acids and glycolic acid. These natural substances are the same ingredients that are used in commercial products designed to remove blackheads and resurface the skin. They also help melt away the grease, grime and dead skin cells from the surface of the skin and stimulate the tiny blood vessels under the skin to bring fresh new blood to skin pores so that they can heal faster.
- 2If you are covering a large area of your skin with this natural blackhead removing solution, then use larger amounts, remembering to use equal parts of each. It is normal for the milk and lemon to curdle in the bowl.Blend two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice with the two tablespoons of warmed full fat milk in a small bowl and whisk it together with a small fork.Advertisement
- 3Be sure to pay special care to the areas of your skin that is affected with blackheads. This is a mild solution so it is beneficial to apply to your entire face if you are treating it for blemishes, as long as you do not get it in your eyes.Dip a cotton pad or ball into the lemon and milk mixture and start swabbing your skin with the mixture.
- 4Keep cleaning your face this way until all of the solution is gone.Keep dipping the pad in the lemon and milk solution and wiping your face with it until it is soiled and then replace it with a new one.
- 5At this point you should also see all of your comedones have been removed and mostly collected on the underside of the cotton ball or pad. It is not necessary to wash your face after this treatment as both lemon juice and milk are natural cleansers that will do that job for you.Clean and dry your face with a cotton pad or cotton ball that has not been dipped in a solution and keep wiping until your face is completely dry.
- 6If your face becomes irritated or red or begins to darken in patches when exposed to the sun (called photosensitivity), then stop using this treatment for a couple of days to give your skin a break from the lemon juice that is causing this problem.You can do this mild and effective treatment for removing blackheads up to three times a day.
Method 2: With Pureed Raw Potato and Raw Onions
Two of the simplest ingredients that you can use to get rid of blackheads are grated raw potato and grated raw onion. You can use any type of potato and any type of onion to create this mask. Potato pulp acts as a gentle astringent that helps to clarify the skin and tighten your pores. Raw potato also contains glycolic acids that strip the oil from the top layer of your dermis and encourages new ones to grow. Onion is a powerful antiviral and antibacterial substance that contains natural polyphenols and flavonoids that help your skin retain its integrity and structure. This helps prevent your skin from scarring due to a blackhead breakout. Onions are also a natural source of biotin, which assists with skin cell respiration and skin cell renewal. The sulphuric sting of the onion juices on the skin also helps bring blood to the surface of the dermis, which encourages the removal of toxins from the pores and rapid repair from any damage done by blemishes.
- 2Some people may find their eyes watering due to the onion juice in this mask and there is not a lot that you can do about this side effect. If you like, you can try using less onion in the mask if the watering of the eyes becomes unbearable for you. Keep in mind that the more onions that you use, the more effective this natural mask will be when it comes to getting rid of your blackheads for good.Apply the paste to clean dry skin and leave it on for about five minutes.
- 3If you have used this mask on your face might be best to do this in the shower, with your eyes tightly closed and your head thrown back to avoid having any of the onion juices run into your eyes and sting them. It is also recommended that you have a metal mesh sieve on your drain to capture any onion or potato puree that is rinsed off of your face.Wipe the mask from your face with a tissue, being careful not to get it in your eyes and then rinse your face with very cold water.
- 4It is best not to wash your face after using this mask, and instead let the acids from the onions and emollients from the potatoes continue to do their work of healing your skin. If the smell from the onions is strong, you can dab a bit of lemon juice on a cotton pad and swab your skin with it. However, the smell from the onions usually wears off in about an hour.Pat your skin dry with a clean towel and do not apply makeup, cosmetics or lotions for about four hours afterwards.
- 5Note that the raw potatoes have the ability to draw the oily comedones out of your skin pores making it quite possible that your skin might be clear of blackheads after just one treatment.You can do this mask four times a weeks to help get rid of your blackheads.
Method 3: With Pureed Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar and Table Salt
This is a very powerful, but also very strong smelling scrub that cleanses the skin of any microbes that could cause breakouts of blackheads on your skin. Garlic is one of the strongest natural antibiotics on earth thanks to the presence of allicin, which occurs as a chemical reaction once the whole garlic clove is chopped up. Garlic is also very astringent and helps shrink pores. Furthermore, the allicin in the garlic stings the skin a bit, bringing fresh blood to the surface of the dermis to nourish and heal it.
The apple cider vinegar in this scrub helps to dissolve surface oils and break up the hard inner plug of the blackheads. Apple cider vinegar also helps to balance the pH of the skin so that it is not a hospitable environment for fungus, yeast or bacteria to grow. The white salt used in this recipe for removing blackheads naturally helps to polish away dead skin cells and grime blocking your pores, thus removing the most common cause of inflammation. Salt also slightly dries the skin, remaining as a residue on the skin afterwards, helping to absorb any oils from the skin pores.
- 1You can also grate the garlic by hand if you prefer. If you are treating a large portion of your body, you might want to add more garlic to the mix. It is also best to use wild garlic or organic garlic if you want to achieve optimum results.Puree ten cloves of raw chopped garlic in a blender to make a paste.Advertisement
- 3Be sure to massage those areas your face that are most afflicted with blackheads well. Be aware that the chopped up garlic in this mask will make your skin sting and it may turn slightly pink as the circulation rushes to your skin cells in response. The garlic mask will also smell quite strong and it is normal for your sinuses to clear and for your eyes to water. If you can tolerate these side effects, then keep in mind that the longer that you keep this scrub on your face, the more effective it will be at removing the blackheads.Apply the cider and apple vinegar salt scrub to clean dry skin.
- 4It might be best to do this in a shower, especially if you have applied it the scrub to the face. It is best to avoid getting garlic juice and salt into your eyes as these substances can cause serious eye irritation. It is also a good idea to have a catch in your drain to sift out any garlic bits to be discarded. This also prevents your drain from smelling like garlic for hours afterwards.Wipe the garlic mask from your face with a paper towel or washcloth being careful not to get it in your eyes and then rinse your face with very warm water followed by a shot of cold water to tighten your pores.
- 5It is best not to wash your face after using this mask, and instead let the nutrients and acids in the apple cider vinegar and the from the garlic disinfect and balance the pH in your skin. If the smell from the garlic is overwhelming, resist the urge to clean your face with soap, and instead dab a bit of lemon juice on a cotton pad and run it over your skin to clean and deodorize your skin. Be aware that is it is not necessary to do this, unless you are in a hurry, as the odor of the garlic usually wears off in an hour or two.Pat your skin dry with a clean towel and do not apply makeup, cosmetics or lotions for about two hours afterwards.
- 6If your skin becomes very dry or starts flaking, try doing the mask less frequently as this is evidence that too much garlic is actually drying out your skin instead of healing it.You apply do this potent garlic and apple cider vinegar mask every two days to help get rid of blackheads.
Method 4: With Oil of Wild Oregano And Olive Oil
Oil of wild oregano, also sometimes sold as Bee Balm, is a powerful antiseptic that kills all fungus, yeast and bacteria that could cause blackheads to thrive on the skin. However, as effective as it is it is also important to remember that it is very potent and that you do need to dilute it with olive oil. Even diluted, oil of oregano can cause some redness to occur on your face, so don't plan an outing for the next day if you are using this treatment. To reduce the redness, you might want to consider using it as a spot treatment only, especially if you are using it somewhere visible on the body like the face or neck. The olive oil is a carrier oil with essential fatty acids that nourish the skin and also help soften it so that the tops of the blackheads can be wiped away. Like many natural remedies, using wild oregano oil and olive oil together to get rid of your blackheads might take a couple of days.
- 3Your face should feel quite soft in texture after this treatment and look less swollen and much cleaner. There is no need to wash your face with soap after this treatment as the oils would have been wiped away or have been absorbed by the skin.Take a clean cotton ball or pad and keep wiping your face with it until the pad is no longer showing any oil or grease.
- 4If your skin seems oilier or like it is producing even more blackheads afterwards then do not do this natural oil treatment any more. If your skin develops dermatitis, and looks red or swollen afterwards, it means that your skin is too sensitive to tolerate the use of wild oregano oil.This is a very gentle treatment that you can do once a day.
Method 5: Using Sweet Potato, Turmeric and Honey
This mask can be used anywhere on the body but it is particularly beneficial for use on large areas of skin that might be affected by blackheads such as the neck, chest, buttocks, back or legs.. Sweet potatoes are chock full of alpha-hydroxy acids, especially natural sugars that dissolve the top layer of the dermis, taking the stubborn hard cores of blackheads with it. Sweet potatoes, which are used mashed and cooked in this recipe, are also rich in Vitamin A. The potatoes also act as an emollient, keeping skin healthy by drawing moisture to its surface.
The ground turmeric powder in this recipe is a very strong antiseptic that kills microbes of all kinds. It is also very astringent, helping to tone the skin and close the pores. Honey helps the mask pull the blackheads out of the pores and assists the mixture with sticking to your face. Honey is also a powerful antibacterial and anti-fungal agent that makes it very difficult for the bacteria or fungus that can cause blackheads to thrive on the surface of the skin.
- 1You do not want to overcook the potato as that could destroy some of it's Vitamin A content. If you are covering a large section of your body with this mixture, such as the back or face, neck and chest, then you might want to use two or even three potatoes in the mask. It is also fine to leave the colored peel on the sweet potato, which will have been softened by the cooking, because many antioxidants and vitamins reside in the peel.Boil one large unpeeled sweet potato, but be sure to remove it quickly from the heat when it is soft.
- 2Let the mask cool down so that you do not burn your skin when you apply it. However, it is a good idea to apply it when it is slightly warm because that is a way of naturally steaming your pores open so that the ingredients in the mask can do a great job of removing your blackheads.Drain the sweet potato water and then blend the cooked sweet potato, 1 tablespoon of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of milk to the mixture together to create a smooth paste.
- 5There is no need to wash this mask off with soap or water because the sweet potato is moisturizing and the other ingredients will have successfully cleansed your face. You also want to give the Vitamin A and acids in the mask a chance to work on your face.Dry your face well with a clean towel after you remove the mask.
- 6However, be aware that it can stain your face yellow for a few hours after you use it. If this is a problem for you, turmeric stains can be removed with a mixture of equal part of sugar and water, applied to a pad and rubbed over the affected area. Be aware that any mask that contains turmeric might also stain good linens or good clothes, so use materials that you don't mind throwing away for this mask.This is a very gentle treatment for blackheads that can be once a day.
Method 6: With Curly Parsley, Salt and Lemon Juice
With Curly Parsley, Salt and Lemon Juice
When pureed into a smooth pulp, regular curly parsley becomes very granular. The tiny bits of the tough parsley leaves can be used to exfoliate skin that is suffering from blackheads. Parsley is also a very rich source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, both of which promote healing. The leafy green helps to bleach blackheads so they look less obvious on the face. Parsley also contains eugenol, a natural oil that treats blackheads, pimples and acne and that also helps tighten and disinfect pores. The chlorophyll and Vitamin K in parsley also helps to reduce any swelling or redness caused by the blackheads. The salt in this mix helps to scrub away any tough blackheads and the lemon juice, rich in Vitamin C and sodium also helps to tone, nourish and cleanse the skin.
- 1Be sure to use the tough, bright green curly parsley and not the flat darker green Italian parsley, which although still nutritious, does not grind up into granules as well. If fresh organic juice is not available you can also use bottled lemon juice concentrate.Puree an entire bunch of curly parsley (about three cups of packed herb), a tablespoon of salt and two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice in a blender.
- 2Be sure to massage those areas your face that are most afflicted with blackheads. You can also leave this on your face for a few minutes, like you would a mask but be aware that this scrub is very drying. If your skin is already dry, this may not be a good idea because dryness can provoke another outbreak of blackheads.Apply the parsley, salt and lemon juice scrub to clean dry skin and massage it into your skin pores.
- 3It might be best to do this in a shower that is fitted with a mesh drain to catch any parsley debris that is rinsed away. There is no need to wash or medicate your face after doing this scrub.Wipe the pureed parsley mask from your face with a paper towel or washcloth and then rinse your face with very warm water followed by a shot of cold water to tighten your pores.
- 4It is very rare, but some people are allergic to the eugonel in parsley, so if your skin becomes very red or irritated looking after scrubbing, cease use of the treatmentYou can do this mild and effective treatment with parsley once a day.
Method 7: With Tomatoes, Coriander and Rosewater
This blackhead removal scrub is excellent for preventing scars due to breakouts. The tomatoes are rich in the antioxidant lycopene and they are also rich in Vitamin C. Both work well together to nourish and heal the skin. Tomatoes also contain a mild bleaching agent that makes areas of the skin affected by blackheads look less dark.
The fresh coriander in this recipe is also rich in Vitamin C and helps cleanse away grease from the skin and heal blackheads. The rose water in this recipe tones and tightens the pores as well as disinfects it. Rose water also balances skin that is acting out for hormonal reasons, restoring its pH level so that it is hard for bacteria to grow.
- 1Try to use organic tomatoes and coriander if possible as their action on your skin will be much more enzymatic and effective. If you are planning to apply this to a larger area of skin on your body then you can double or even triple the recipe.Crush one cup pureed tomatoes, one cup fresh coriander leaves and one tablespoon of rose water in a blender.
- 2It is fine to use your fingers to apply it, as the mixture is also very beneficial for the skin of the hands. Just make sure that your hands are very clean before you do so. It is a good idea to wear old clothing or put down plastic if you are applying this to a large part of your body. You can also apply it while you are outside or while you are in the shower to prevent any messes. If you do decide to apply it in the shower, make sure that you have a mesh catcher on your drain to capture any falling food particles from the scrub.Apply this mask to the scrub of your body that needs treatment for blackheads.
- 4You can also make it without the rosewater if you prefer.You can do this mask twice a week to remove blackheads.
Method 8: With Egg Yolks and Sour Cream
This natural homemade mask has a lot of body to it and uses egg yolks as opposed to the usual egg whites to remove your blackheads. Egg yolks are one of the richest sources of biotin, a nutrient that is needed to keep the structure of skin healthy. The biotin in the egg yolks can also help skin that is unbalanced and overproducing oil due to hormonal causes such as menopause, perimenopause or puberty. The sour cream in this mask contains lactic acids that help soften resurface the top layer of the skin so that blackheads fall out on their own.
- 3Make sure that your skin is clean and dry as this mask will not stick well to greasy or dirty skin. You can use a cosmetic spatula, the flat side of a plastic knife or your hands. If you use your hands make sure they are clean to avoid spreading bacteria to your face. You can also wear cosmetic gloves on your hands if you have the need to protect a manicure.Apply the mixture to the area of skin that needs to be treated for blackheads.
- 4You should feel it tightening on your skin, which is a sign that the blackheads are being pulled out of your pores and that your pores are tightening.Leave this mixture on your face for at least twenty minutes or until if feels tingly..
- 5It helps to remove the blackheads with a scrubbing motion. If you have applied the mask to a large area of your skin, such as the legs or your chest, you may want to do this in the shower.Rinse the egg yolk and sour cream mask off of your clean with a wash cloth and hot water and then rinse it clean with cool water.
- 7As it is very natural it may take a few repeated uses of it before it will remove blackheads.This mask is gentle enough to use every day.
Method 9: With Tangerines, Coconut Oil and Turbinado Sugar
This sweet smelling citrus scrub works wonders to remove blackheads on the face, neck and chest and anywhere on your body that may be really dry from being in the sun for too long. Tangerines are a great source of Vitamin A and C, both of which are profoundly healing for the skin. The tangerine juice also contains glycolic and citrus acids that gently remove dead skin cells from your dermis and resurface the skin. The coconut oil in this mix is a strong antibacterial and anti-fungal agent that strips the face of oil and dirt and helps soften the tough tops of the comedones in your pores so that they can be removed.
Turbinado sugar is a very coarse cane sugar that does not break down easily because the crystals are so large. Most people identify turbinado sugar with the brand name Sugar in the Raw. Turbinado sugar helps to clarify the skin and polish it so that the blackheads are removed.
- 1Any seeds and peel in the fruit should be ground up very finely so that they can function as exfoliators. This amount should be enough to treat a face, neck and chest. However, if you are covering a larger area of your body, such as your legs or back, you may want to use two to three more tangerines.Puree three whole tangerines, unpeeled, in a blender.
- 3Leave the mask on for at least twenty minutes, or even longer if you have the time. It is normal for your skin to sting a little while it is doing it's job of disinfecting your face. You might also feel a pulling action and tingling as the citric acid and sugar combination removes the blackheads from your skin.Apply the tangerine fruit pulp scrub to clean dry skin, making sure to scrub the areas of your skin that are affected by blackheads well.
- 4It is easiest to do this in the shower. You might want to have a mesh catcher on your drain to capture any tangerine flesh, rather than have it create a clog.After massaging the tangerine mask into your skin one more time, as you would with a scrub, rinse it off of your face with cold water, followed by very cold water.
- 5However, most people find their blackheads are completely dissolved and rinsed away by the end of the first treatment. If your skin discolours and reveals changes in pigmentation when it is exposed to the sun, stop using this scrub. It means that citrus oils make your skin photosensitive.You can do this tangerine-based hybrid of a facial scrub and mask every day, and as often as twice a day until your blackheads are gone.
Method 10: With Frozen Cherries, Turbinado Sugar and Coconut Oil
Cherries contain a powerful antioxidant called anthocyanin, which helps reduce inflammation on the fact, prevent chronic breakouts and prevent permanent damage to skin pores. The high Vitamin C content in cherries also prevents scarring of the skin. The glycolic acid in cherries helps to melt away the top layer of the dermis, taking the blackheads with it as it is rubbed into the face. The coconut oil in this scrub is a powerful disinfectant that kills all bacteria and fungus on the skin and the Turbinado sugar, often sold under the brand name Sugar in the Raw, is a strong exfoliator and source of alpha-hydroxy acids that can help get rid of blackheads anywhere on the body.
- 1The reason that you want to use frozen fruit is because it makes a slightly coarser scrub and it also makes the scrub more cooling for the skin. You can also use fresh cherries, if frozen ones are not available. The darker in color your cherries are, the more effective they will be as scrub, so try to use black bing cherries or dark sweet cherries if they are available. This amount should be enough to treat a face and neck. However, if you are covering a larger area of your body, such as your legs or back, you may want to double the amount of ingredients used throughout this recipe.Puree two cups of frozen pitted cherries in a blender.
- 2Blend the resulting mixture together well with a fork. The idea is to make a coarse paste that is that has the texture of a facial scrub. Add additional sugar and coconut oil that is proportionate to the recipe directions above if you are making a larger batch of the scrub.Add a tablespoon of coconut oil and a ¼ cup of turbinado sugar to the mix.
- 3Leave the scrub on your face as mask on for at least ten minutes, or even longer if you have the time as this will help your skin absorb many of the nutrients and acids in the fruit. You might also feel a pulling action and tingling as the fruit acids and sugar combination removes the blackheads from your skin and tightens your pores.Apply the cherry scrub to clean dry skin, being sure to pay special attention to the areas of your skin that are affected by blackheads.
- 4It is easiest to do this in the shower. You might want to have a mesh catcher on your drain to capture any rinsed off cherry pulp.After massaging the frozen pureed cherry mask into your skin one more time, as you would with a scrub, rinse it off of your face with warm water, followed by very cold water.
- 5However, most people find their blackhead problem has been taken care of by the end of the first treatment. If your skin appears abraded, then cut down the amount of time that you spend scrubbing your face hard, as this is likely due to scraping your face with the coarse Turbinado sugar.You can do this scrub and mask every day, and as often as twice a day until your blackheads are gone.
Method 11: With Orange Peel, Oatmeal and Greek Yogurt
Crushed orange peels are used in this mask to gently exfoliate skin and topically apply healing Vitamin C and K to the skin. Orange peels also contain citric acid, which kills all fungus types and bacteria that might be causing the blackhead breakout. Dry oatmeal is used in this facial mask and scrub for removing blackheads as a gentle exfoliator. The dry oatmeal also gently exfoliates dead skin cells and absorbs excess oils on the skin. The thick plain Greek yogurt that is use in this recipe is a source of lactic acid, which softens the skin, making it easier for the pores to eject their oily contents.
- 2You want to create a mixture that is thick enough to spread on your face. If the mixture seems a bit thin, it can thicken up a bit if you leave it in the refrigerator for about ten minutes.Add a cup of oatmeal flakes up of thick Greek plain yogurt to the dried orange peel powder and whirl it all together.
- 7However, most people find their blackhead problem has been taken care of by the end of the first treatment. If your skin appears abraded, then cut down the amount of time that you spend scrubbing your face hard, as this is likely due to scraping your face with the coarse cane sugar.You can do this scrub and mask every day, and as often as twice a day until your blackheads are gone.
Method 12: With With Red Wine, Honey and Egg Whites
Red wine is a potent source of antioxidants that helps heal and repair skin cells that have been damaged and enlarged by blackheads. The most active ingredient in red wine is resveratrol which speeds up healing and boosts collagen. Resveratrol can also prevent your face from scarring as the result of tissue damage to the skin. The alcohol in red wine is also drying, and astringent, helping to remove any grease, dead skin cells and accumulated sebum from the face. Egg white is rich in amino acids, the building block of skin tissue and helps tighten and close the pores so that they do not get inflected again. The organic honey used in this mask is a potent disinfectant that clears the skin of all bacteria and fungus. Sticky honey also helps hold the mask together and pull blackheads away from the surface of the skin as the mask is removed.
- 1It is easier to use liquid honey rather than the more solid kind. Mix everything together well to make a thin mixture. This should be enough of the mask to apply to a face and neck. If you are applying the mask to a larger part of your body, then double the recipe.Combine 2 egg whites, 3 tablespoons of red wine and 1 tablespoon of raw organic honey in a small bowl.
- 2If you do not want to get your fingers messy, you can wear cosmetic plastic gloves or use a cosmetic spatula to apply it to your face. The mixture will be a bit clear and pink in color at first but begin to look more opaque and white as it tightens on your skin.Apply the egg white and red wine mixture to your face using your fingers and let it dry on your face for about twenty minutes.
- 3If your skin feels a bit dry, you can moisten it with a couple of drops of rose hip oil. Stay away from applying heavy creams, lotions or sunscreen to your face for about two three hours or so afterwards as this could cause your skin to breakout again.Wash the mask off with lukewarm water and then follow up with a splash of cold water and then pat your skin dry.
Method 13: With Frozen Black Grapes
Frozen black grapes, have every thing that you need to make a facial mask. When the fruit is pureed, the seeds and flesh make fine exfoliating agents that scrub away oils and grease from the surface of the skin. Black grapes are very rich in resveratrol and Vitamin C, which helps heal the skin the skin and boost it's natural immunity against fungal and bacterial infections. Black grapes are also a natural skin bleach, helping to reduce the dark look that an infestation of blackheads can give the skin. The glycolic acid and natural sugars in grapes also help resurface the skin, removing dead skin cells so that your complexion can renew itself.
- 1This usually takes about six hours, but every freezer unit is different. You could substitute purple, green or white grapes for the black grapes in this do-it-yourself blackhead removal recipe but ideally you are using the black ones because the pits are bigger and make better exfoliants and black grapes also contain the most resveratrol.Put two cups of frozen black grapes in the freezer and let them chill until they are rock hard.
- 2The reason that you want to use frozen fruit is because it makes a slightly coarser scrub and the cooler mixture also helps reduce inflammation.. You can also use fresh grapes, if frozen ones are not available, but be aware that this will make the scrub a bit drippier. Two cups of frozen black grapes should be enough to treat your face and neck. However, if you are covering a larger area of your body, such as your thighs or back, you may want to double the amount of frozen grapes you need for this recipe.Puree the two cups of unthawed frozen black grapes in a blender.
- 3Blend the resulting together well with a fork. The idea is to make a coarse mixture that is that has the texture of a facial scrub. Add additional sugar and coconut oil to the mixture if you are making a larger batch of the scrub.Add a tablespoon of coconut oil and a ¼ cup of turbinado sugar to the mix.
- 4Leave the scrub on your face as a mask on for at least ten minutes, or even longer if you have the time. You might also feel a pulling action and tingling as the fruit acids and sugar combination removes the blackheads from your skin and tightens your pores, toning them so that infection is less likely in the future.Apply the scrub to clean dry skin, being sure to pay special attention to the areas of your skin that are affected by blackheads.
- 5It is easiest to do this in the shower so that the frozen grape pulp does not all everywhere. You might want to have a mesh strainer on your drain to capture any rinsed off fruit pulp.After massaging the frozen pureed black grape mask into your skin one more time, as you would with a scrub, rinse it off of your face with cold water, followed by very cold water.
- 6However, most people find their blackhead problem has been taken care of by the end of the first treatment. If your skin appears abraded, then cut down the amount of time that you spend scrubbing your face hard, as this is likely due to scraping your face with the coarse sugar.You can do this scrub and mask every day, and as often as twice a day until your blackheads are gone.
Method 14: With Butter and Brown Sugar
Butter is basically bovine fat, a substance that is loaded with essential fatty acids, amino acids, Vitamin A and Vitamin D. All of these nutrients help to nourish and heal the skin. This mask is based on the theory that you can clean "oil with oil." The butter helps soften the hard comedones that clog the skin pores. Butter is also an emollient that keeps skin moisturized and helps draw moisture from the air to the skin so that it does not feel the need to overproduce oil. The coarse brown sugar in this scrub works as an exfoliant that helps scuff away blackheads, grease and dirt. Brown sugar is also a source of alpha-hydroxy acids, which help clear and polish the skin by gently removing the top layer of cells. Feel free to apply this naturally creamy mask anywhere eon your body that is needed to remove large or stubborn comedones.
- 2You could also the apply the scrub with a spatula or popsicle stick. Make sure your skin is clean and dry before you apply the butter to it. If you do not want to get your hands greasy, you can wear plastic cosmetic gloves to protect them.Use your fingers to apply the scrub mixture to the area of the skin that is most affected by the blackheads and exfoliate your skin for about five minutes.
- 3If you have covered a large portion of your skin with the butter, such as your torso or your legs, this is best done in the shower using a rough washcloth or a loofah mitt. The butter and brown sugar will have effectively removed the comedones from your skin, and if they are not all removed, they most certainly will be with a second treatment.
- 4Your skin will feel moisturized, but not oily. Avoid shaving or using heavy creams or lotions on the treated area for at least a day, to avoid clogging up your pores with grease again.[ [[Image:pat skin dry_13853.jpg|center|frame|Pat your treated skin dry with a clean towel.|630px]]Pat your treated skin dry with a clean towel.
- 5Do not continue to do this particular treatment if the greasy butter causes further breakouts on your skin instead of relieving the dryness that causes breakouts.You can do this buttery brown sugar treatment twice a week.
Method 15: With Rice Water, Milk and Honey
This gentle yet powerful mask can be used anywhere on the body. It is a natural exfoliating mask that effectively clarifies the skin by lightly dissolving the top layer of the dermis. Rice water is the solution that is left over after the rice is boiled and it is applied to the skin after it has slightly cooled. Rice water is also a natural bleach for the skin that helps fade away any scars or dark spots that are caused by having blackheads. Furthermore, rice water contains the squalene and Vitamin E, antioxidants that are naturally found in rice that are powerful healers of the dermis.
The honey in this mask, which you can use anywhere you like on your body, is a potent antibacterial agent that disinfects the skin. As it is so sticky, honey helps pull the oily cores of the blackheads out of the skin pores so that the grease in them can be expelled and cleaned away. The milk in this blackhead removal solution contains lactic acid, which also helps resurface the skin and clear it of all blemishes.
- 4However, it is ideal to apply the mixture to your skin while it is still warm as this helps open up the pores so that they can be cleaned out.When the mixture has cooled, use a cosmetic cotton puff or pad to apply it to your clean dry skin You will also notice that the more the mixture cools, the thicker it becomes.
- 8It is fine to keep a bit of the mixture in the refrigerator for later uses during the day.This very gentle treatment for blackhead removal can be used on any part of the body up to three times a day.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- If your blackheads are really big in size, or to get rid of, it might be time to forgo natural methods of controlling breakouts and visit a dermatologist who can offer professional help
- Be sure to drink at least eight cups of water a day as it is hydrated skin that has the most immunity to bacteria and that is able to detoxify itself
- To make sure that your skin is naturally resistant to the bacteria and fungus that causes blackheads, live a consciously active and balanced lifestyle that includes healthy food, no junk food and lots of sleep and exercise
- Wash your skin every day unless your dermatologist tells you to do otherwise
- Wash your hands often, especially if you are a nervous person who keeps touching their face
- Never fall asleep with your makeup still on, especially if you are wearing heavy creams or foundations
- Don't borrow makeup or makeup tools from other people or you risk contracting the bacteria and fungus that causes blackheads
- Stay away using the testers that are displayed on counters as they can contain fungus and bacteria that can be spread to your skin
- Always use high quality razors with at least five blades to shave anywhere on your body to prevent trauma to skin pores as the result of abrasions
- Never ever borrow someone else's razor or you could provoke an outbreak of blackheads
- Avoid smoking or vaping as both cigarette smoke and vapours from vaping contain chemicals and toxins are cling to the skin pores and then poison them
- Wash your skin well after each exercise session to remove any excess sweat and mop your skin frequently with a towel while you are exercising to prevent it from clogging your pores
- Change your linens and wash your towels at least twice a week to avoid spreading the bacteria that causes blackheads
- Never use a washcloth that is already wet on your face as it could be harboring fungus or bacteria
- If greasy hair is causing your skin to break out around the forehead or neck, then consider using a hair product or shampoo that can help you control this
- If you have blackheads that are caused by hormonal issues, then your doctor may be able to prescribe birth control or hormone replacement therapy that can help bring your system back into balance
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Skin Care & Diseases
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna