Get Rid of Bad Breath
Edited by Debbie, Charmed, Reema, Eng and 2 others
Did you ever wake up in the morning and your mate says "Please, close your mouth"! Or have you ever had a friend that every time they opened their mouth to talk, you just wanted to pass out? Yes, I think we have all been through that. So what's the cause of bad breath? There are many reasons. People who don't take care of their personal hygiene such as not brushing their teeth regularly or flossing, leaves a breeding ground for bacteria in the mouth and the result is a foul odor. Sometimes, it can be because of an internal medical problem. Bronchitis, and post nasal drip can cause bad breath. So what are some things we can do to get rid of bad breath? Read following tips.
Cleaning your mouth
In order to rid your mouth of bad breath you will need to do a number of things while cleaning the mouth in order to rid yourself of bad breath for good. By not performing one of these steps you will allow bad breath to return to you mouth. These steps below will help to rid yourself of bad breath but these steps must be practiced daily in order to battle bad breath day to day effectively.
- 1The bacteria from things you ingest and also other elements will land and park themselves on your tongue causing an odor in your mouth. If you wish to not have this odor to return then you will need to perform this step daily when brushing your teeth, by not brushing your tongue understand that this can bring the odor back to your mouth instantly.Clean your tongue when brushing your teeth for this can help you in order to rid your mouth of bad breath by brushing the bacteria off of your tongue.Advertisement
- 2The food that will be stuck in between your teeth will act as it would if you were to have food out over a period of time meaning it would cause a smell. Flossing daily will help in order to remove the cause of odor in your mouth from food and other obstructions.Floss in between your teeth daily in order to get all the old food and other obstructions from in between your teeth which over time can cause your breath to smell over time.Advertisement
- 3Along with using mouthwash it will also kill any extra bacteria from in the mouth that was left after performing these steps.Use mouthwash daily in order to rinse out any fallen particles from brushing and flossing.
What to do during the day
During the day there will be things that you can do in order to help you to keep fresh breath after eating, talking and doing other things during the day. Below are a number of things that you can do in order to promote fresh breath during the day.
- 1Understand that a dry mouth will cause bad breath by not allowing the tongue and other parts of the mouth to stale after not being hydrated.Drink water in order to help to keep your mouth hydrated throughout the day rather than allowing your mouth to get dry an cause your breath to smell bad during the day.Advertisement
- 2Without saliva being produced in your mouth the particles will remain in your mouth and also not clean your mouth with its natural anti septic minerals.Chew gum during the day in order to help produce saliva in the mouth the wash out the particles in the mouth and also to battle against bacteria.
- 3Anything that can help you to keep your mouth moist will help you in keeping your mouth hydrated versus being dry.Drink any type of liquid during the day in order to help washout the particles if you are not a fan of drinking water.
- 4The sugar in the gum will prevent bacteria from being produced in the mouth.Choose a gum that will help to battle not only the bacteria but also the smell best such as cinnamon gum, sweet gum and mint.
- 5A banana can in fact wash out all of the bad smelling breath foods that are produced while you eat food during the day.Consume bananas during the day in order to battle against other foods that you have eaten throughout the day that in fact cause bad breath.
- 6By eating these foods you will have the smells of these foods trapped in your mouth for the rest of the day.Stay away from foods such as garlic, cheese and most caffeinated drinks during the day in order to promote good smelling breath during the day.
- 7Even if you are in a restaurant take time out to visit the bathroom in order to rinse your mouth of all the particles.Wash your mouth out daily with water after you have eaten certain foods in order to rid your mouth of the particles during the day.
- 8Brush your teeth after eating lunch in order to help you to scrub out the particles of what you have eaten throughout the day.
If all else fails
If you have tried all of the above steps and they have not worked then you will need to in fact resort to the last thing which will be to visit a doctor. A doctor will be able to help you best in determining if you are in fact suffering from a disease rather than it simply being a case of not brushing or cleaning properly. There are a number of things that a doctor can diagnose you with other than having halitosis which is causing you your bad breath such as these below:
- 1The only person that will be able to help you when having tonsil stones will be a doctor who will be able to scrape off the bacteria from your tonsils.Tonsil stones are bacteria that becomes built up on your tonsils which will not be an easy thing to remove by brushing your teeth daily.Advertisement
- 2Diabetic ketoacidosis can also cause a person to have bad breath for their diabetes will cause keto acids to be released naturally in their body causing bad breath over time.
- 3These mouthwashes will only be given to people with a legit case of having bad breath with no way to rid it by natural means.Ask the doctor for a special type of mouthwash that will help you in order to battle against bad breath with a stronger antiseptic.
- 1Brush and clean between your teeth with dental floss after every meal.
- 2Use a tongue scraper.Brush your tongue.
- 3Certain foods we eat can cause bad breath. Onions, garlic, etc.Watch your diet.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Dental Care
Recent edits by: Ephraim, Eng, Reema