Get Rid Of Warts
Edited by Debbie, Lynn, Maureen D., Eng and 5 others
If you've found an oval-shaped dome-like spot on your hand, it could be a wart. No one enjoys having a wart. They can appear on your face, hands, and less commonly, on other parts of your body. They are unattractive, and Planter's Warts can also be painful.
- 1 Various Kinds of Warts
- 2 Removal Methods
- 3 Product Suggestions to Treat Warts
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
Various Kinds of Warts
Warts are caused by a virus, and there are several different kinds:
- 1These can be found on your face, legs, and arm areas.Flat warts.Advertisement
- 2These can be found on the soles of the feet, and make walking annoying and painful. They look like hard thick clusters of warts with black specks, which are actually tiny blood vessels.Plantar warts.Advertisement
- 3These warts usually form around the nose and mouth area.Filiform warts.
- 4They are round and cauliflower-like in appearance.Common warts are mostly found on the hands, but can grow about anywhere.
- 5Periungual warts are found underneath the fingernails and toenails.
Warts are contagious, so it is best not to share towels or personal items with anyone. No matter how careful you are, you still may get warts, and there are many methods for removal.
At Home Remedies for Warts
You can try one of the following home remedies:
- 1Rub the oil on and around the area, and cover it with a bandage. Repeat until wart is eliminated.Castor Oil.Advertisement
- 2Soak your wart in it for 20 minutes every day for two weeks.Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 3Apply a drop to your wart/s three times daily.Tea Tree Oil.
- 4Open a caplet and put a little on the area, then cover it with a bandage each day for two weeks.Vitamin E.
Conventional Methods for Removing Warts
- 1Try an over-the-counter wart removal product. They can be found at your local pharmacy, grocery store, or convenience store.Wart removers.
- 2Visit your doctor and have him or her:
- Cut the wart off, but this may leave a scar.
- Freeze the wart off with liquid nitrogen.
Product Suggestions to Treat Warts
- 1The overall rating of this ointment is 80.6 percent. Reviews have revealed that the effectiveness of this product is four out of five. The results are quick making the quality of this product good. It is a semi-thick watery paste and the most important thing is, it is safe to use. This product will also work to remove skin tags and moles. It is easy to use, and has natural ingredients which make it a safe and painless way to treat warts.Derma Tend.Advertisement
- 2It has faster healing properties, and it is safe to use as well. The blend of this product includes natural oils that assist in making the wart area thinner, which will help eradicate warts. It is applied with an applicator brush. It relieves the wart symptoms painlessly, and is proven to be effective and work quickly.Wartrol - This has an even higher rating than Derma Tend, garnering a score of 98.2 percent.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Never try to remove the wart by cutting it yourself.
- Don't share towels.
- It is a myth that warts are caused by poor hygiene, so don't be embarrassed about seeking treatment.
Questions and Answers
Raised spot on arm, is it a wart? It's painful when I touch it.
I don't know whether it's a wart or not, but it's painful when I touch it.
A wart is basically a small tumor caused by an infection by the HPV (human papillomavirus). As mentioned in the article, the shapes and sizes can vary. Although your description of the raised spot on your skin might be a wart, there are many other possibilities such as a cyst, ingrown hair or other types of infections. It is best to see your doctor or nurse practitioner, because you are unsure. The fact that it's painful means you absolutely should see a doctor. You can still try the at home methods, but make sure it's actually a wart you are dealing with. Thanks for your question!
How to remove warts from the hand?
I have one in my hand and ever time I cut it, and it grows a little bigger
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Skin Care & Diseases
Recent edits by: Magareth, Jen M, Rob