Get Rid Of Warts
Edited by Debbie, Lynn, Maureen D., Eng and 4 others
If you've found an oval-shaped dome-like spot on your hand, it could be a wart. Although warts are something nobody wants to think about getting, they can appear on your face, hands, and less commonly, on other parts of your body. They are unattractive, and can also be very painful.
Kinds of types of warts
Warts are caused by a virus, and there are several different kinds:
- 1Flat warts can be found on your face, leg, and arm areas.Advertisement
- 2Plantar warts can be found on the bottom of the foot, and can cause great pain.They look like hard thick clusters of warts with black specks, which are actually tiny blood vessels.Advertisement
- 3Filiform warts usually will form around the nose and mouth area.
- 4Common warts are mostly found on the hands, but can grow about anywhere.They are round and cauliflower-like in appearance.
- 5Periungual warts are found underneath the fingernails and toenails.
Warts are contagious, so it is best not to share towels or personal items with other people. No matter how careful you are, you still may get warts, and there are many methods for removal:
- 1Use an over-the-counter wart removal product.Can be found at your local pharmacy, grocery store, or convenience store.
- 2Visit your doctor and have him or her cut the wart off or "freeze" it off with liquid nitrogen.
- 3You can try one of the following home remedies:
- Castor Oil. Rub the oil on and around the area, then cover it with a bandage strip. Repeat until wart is eliminated.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Soak your wart in it for 20 minutes every day for two weeks.
- Tea Tree Oil. Apply it three times daily.
- Vitamin E. Open a caplet and put a little on the area, then cover it with a bandage each day for two weeks.
Product Suggestions to Treat Warts
- 1Derma Tend - The overall rating of this ointment is 80.6 percent.Reviews have revealed that the effectiveness of this product is four out of five. With very fast results after treatment, the quality of the product is good. It is a semi-thick watery paste and the most important thing is, it is safe to use. This product will also work to remove skin tags and moles. It is a easy to use, and has natural ingredients which make it safe to use and a painless way to treat warts.
- 2Wartrol - This has an even higher rating than Derma Tend, garnering a score of 98.2 percent.It has faster healing properties, and it is safe to use as well. The blend of this product includes natural oils that assist in making the wart area thinner, which will hence help eradicate warts. It is applied with an applicator brush, relieves the wart symptoms painlessly, and is proven to be effective and work quickly.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Never try to remove the wart by cutting it yourself.
- Don't share towels.
- It is a myth that warts are caused by poor hygiene, so don't be embarrassed about seeking treatment.
Questions and Answers
Raised spot on arm, is it a wart, painful when I touch it?
I don't know whether it s wart, painful when I catch it
A wart is basically a small tumor caused by an infection by the HPV (human papillomavirus). As mentioned in the article, the shapes and sizes can range. Although your description of the raised spot on your skin can be a wart, there are many other possibilities such as a cyst, ingrown hair or other types of infection. It is best to see your doctor or nurse practitioner if you are unsure in order to have it properly diagnosed prior to any removal attempts. Thanks for your question!
How to remove warts from the hand?
I have one in my hand and ever time I cut it, and it grows a little bigger
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Get Rid Of Warts. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Get_Rid_Of_Warts
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Get Rid Of Warts." VisiHow, visihow.com/Get_Rid_Of_Warts Accessed 23 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Get Rid Of Warts." Accessed Mar 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Get_Rid_Of_Warts.
Categories : Skin Care & Diseases
Recent edits by: Jen M, Rob, Alma