Get Revenge on an Ex Girlfriend After Rebound Relationship
Edited by Vanessa Alexandra Avisado, Eng, Lynn, Alma and 7 others
Getting dumped by your girlfriend is painful. The break-up can devastate you. You brood, you mope, you're always in a bad mood and you may have trouble dealing with the blow. Your friends cannot bear to see you in that sad, jolted state. They bring you out to the bar, lift you up and appease you. Then comes their advice - that there are other girls out there. After much cajoling and persuasion from your buddies, and to prove to your ex, it was a mistake on her part to dump you, you may hook with a new girl. You might want to show off your new girl, and even appear where you know your ex may be, and come into view in places where she will see you together. Read on to learn how having a rebound relationship makes you cope with a break-up.
- 1 What is a Rebound Relationship?
- 2 Advice to men looking for a rebound relationship
- 3 Advice for women who meet a man looking for a rebound relationship
- 4 Good Aspects About Rebound Relationships
- 5 How to make a rebound relationship work
6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 How to take revenge on ex boyfriend of a rebound relationship?
- 6.2 My Ex broke up with his recent girlfriend three months ago. Now, he wants to get back together with me?
- 6.3 In rebound relationship does that person who is doing rebound still love his Ex girlfriend?
- 6.4 Separated 2 years ago, we stayed in contact throughout, I recently cut him out - no contact. He's since been texting/emailing me weekly. He moved on with another woman almost immediately after we broke up?
- 6.5 How to make ex girlfriend kneel down before me?
- 6.6 When in a relationship with someone, is it normal and OK to see ex-es?
- 6.7 Talking to her ex when I was in the relationship?
- 6.8 How do go forward with my life without her?
- 7 Comments
What is a Rebound Relationship?
- A rebound relationship is a relationship that you get into immediately after a break-up; thus the phrase relationship "on the rebound".
- There is no love here, initially. It is not even a relationship at all.
- This is most often used as a coping mechanism after a recent breakup.
- It is resorted to in order to keep a person from having to deal with the emotions of breaking up.
- It's generally a distraction in which you build a connection with another person that keeps you away from experiencing the acute emotional pain of your recent breakup.
- The rebound relationship can be short term or very long term.
Advice to men looking for a rebound relationship
- A rebound relationship after a break-up is not the way to fix your achy, breaky heart.
- You can still find someone - a new girl - but not just anyone.
- Take your time. Find a girl that you really like, one with whom you share many things in common and who will love you too.
Advice for women who meet a man looking for a rebound relationship
- Stay away from a man who just went through a bad break up. You will be better off if you run away.
- It is rare that the man will ever really fall for you.
- There are signs to watch out for in case you are not aware that the guy you are dating is doing it for revenge or it is his form of self-image face-lifting:
- He is not listening or does not talk either.
- He is always looking around.
- If he talks, it is about his ex.
- He takes you on a detective mission to spy on his ex
- Worse, he makes a comparison between you and his ex.
- If any of these things happen, dump the guy, immediately.
Good Aspects About Rebound Relationships
A rebound relationship is sometimes a good way to move on, but there is more to it also.
- 1You get the opportunity to get over your ex and all the painful memories associated with her.To get over your ex.Advertisement
- 2You don't feel lonely anymore because you have a new partner with whom to share and discuss things. Your heart gets the chance to leave the despair behind. You can get involved with your new girlfriend and your relationship with her instead of crying or sulking and hurting and ultimately becoming depressed.To heal your wounded heart.Advertisement
- 3You can get back your lost self-esteem and enthusiasm when you find a girl who understands your situation. Perhaps she is simply there to be a shoulder for you. Eventually you may appreciate the things she is doing to help you recover, so your feelings for her may grow.To help your shattered ego and wounded self.
- 4You can regain the confidence you have lost while grappling a shattered relationship and a wounded heart. Just knowing that someone of the opposite sex finds you attractive and wants to be with you provides huge self validation. Thus the rebound relationship ultimately serves as confirmation that you are still a viable candidate for marriage.To boosts your confidence.
- 5You feel a strange sense of being free when a new relationship is formed. You have come out of an unsatisfying togetherness and find your moods immediately enhanced, simply because you no longer feel tied to the unhappy feelings you experienced in a previous relationship.To gain your sense of freedom.
- 6A rebound relationship can be viewed as a fresh start where you break away from the painful past. It provides you a new and fresh perspective to look at people and relationships. It can help you find true love also. You can enjoy your life again in a new relationship.To give you a fresh perspective on new relationships.
You can get the opportunity to acquire the things that were missing in your last relationship. If you need more quality time, then you can concentrate on meeting someone who has nothing but energy to spend on you. If you like being a homebody, you can relish the experience of being with a girl who shuns the nightlife scene. Very often, the new girl of rebounders often possesses the extra qualities that you craved in your last girl.
How to make a rebound relationship work
There have been many cases of rebound relationships that work. For it to work well, keep some things in mind.
- 1You can be honest with your new date. Let her know that you have just broken up and need some time before you are ready to get serious. However, you can also make it clear that you would love to spend more time together with her and are excited to go out with her.Take things slowly.
With this admission, the new girl understands that you are considering something serious and not just a rebound fling.
- 2You are starting a new life with a new relationship that is totally different from the past.Give your new girlfriend the assurance that you are all done with your previous relationship.
- 3Try to do things that your new partner likes.
- 4Never compare your current partner with your previous one.
- 5Only do so if she asks you.Do not talk about your previous partner too much or not anymore.
- 6The relationship can also work, depending on the level of your girlfriends' understanding, and how open the relationship is.Tell your new girlfriend that you feel great that she is with you.
- 7Avoid repeating the mistakes or source of conflicts that LED to relationship issues in the past.
- 8However, before starting in a rebound relationship, it is recommended to get some advice from people you know closely.Your new girlfriend may even start to regard you as a soulmate.
Don't slam the door on an exciting rebound relationship, as love may come knocking again. Welcome it and experience being happy with the hope of coming across "The One", your true and real love.
Questions and Answers
How to take revenge on ex boyfriend of a rebound relationship?
Hi, I just got dumped by my ex two weeks ago. After the breakup, I found out immediately that our relationship was his rebound relationship, because he is surely still in love with his ex girlfriend. I also got to know that he's flirting with another girl, even when we were still a couple. My relationship with him was barely 2 months. I was very angry and I want to take revenge. I want him to feel the same way I feel. I need help with this.
It sounds like you cared a lot about your relationship, but that he did not. Because of this, it will be difficult to make him feel bad, since he only cares about himself. Another problem is that any girl he is with now will feel just like you when she finds out what a bad guy he is. So, you could put your energy into making him uncomfortable, or causing him to feel unpleasant when he goes out. Some ways you could do this would be to show up where you understand he will be for a date, and simply act shocked and upset that he is with another girl. Shout at him, and tell him something like, "After last night you do this, and out with another woman?" You could also be creative with your photos together, and use Photoshop to create current events (photos of you two together when he should be with someone else). These can also make him uncomfortable.
In truth though, you should focus on yourself, and getting over him. Anyone who doesn't appreciate you isn't worth your time. There are some tips in this article that might be able to help you deal with your cheating ex boyfriend.
My Ex broke up with his recent girlfriend three months ago. Now, he wants to get back together with me?
He just broke up with girlfriend 3 months ago. Since his break up he has tried to get me to meet him. I heard from him twice a week for awhile now it is every two weeks. I am a rebound? we broke up 2 years ago. He did tell me I was the only girl that ever made him happy, and he knows we could make it work again. I told him he was on the rebound.. he claims he is not.
Since you're talking to him, he knows that the door isn't closed. If it was, you wouldn't even talk to him. So, the real question to ask yourself is whether he's all grown up now and ready to be serious, or is still just looking to play. Many times a man will understand that he should have something, but keep chasing the things he wants.
A great way to test him is to let him take you out a few times - nice dinners, movies, and things like that. See how serious he is, and at the same time, have an attractive girl you know try to go out with him on the side. If he goes out with her, well... you already knew he liked to play, so you won't be surprised or hurt too much.
On the other hand, you may be surprised. He might show you what a great guy he has learned to be, and that he really does appreciate you now.
In rebound relationship does that person who is doing rebound still love his Ex girlfriend?
98% of the time there is still love lingering if your boyfriend/girlfriend starts dating you within the first 6 months of their breakup with the ex. It can take up to a year for feelings to go away, especially if the relationship was long term. Just because there is still love hanging around does not mean that he can't begin to love you. What happens in a rebound though is a person swings right into a new relationship and eventually the lines of love for the new person and hate for the ex blur together because that period in their life was painful. To avoid any issues, address the fact that you realize that he still is wounded from his recent breakup and you are there to support him and help him heal. Put yourself in the healing role to avoid any backlash in the future.
Separated 2 years ago, we stayed in contact throughout, I recently cut him out - no contact. He's since been texting/emailing me weekly. He moved on with another woman almost immediately after we broke up?
I don't understand. He left me for another woman. I tried to win him back by staying in touch - caused me nothing but heartache and pain. I did this for 2 years, and then suddenly realized that he was using me "build up his ego" when he felt bad. So painfully I've shut him out. I don't respond to his texts nor to his emails and I certainly don't answer the phone to him.
There is a reason why we rip a bandaid off fast. One moment of pain vs. prolonged pain with each little tug of the bandaid. You chased him and he responded because you were familiar to him and almost a comfort and you are correct, you built up his ego. That whole time you were ripping off the bandaid slowly. You are right to walk away and finally make a clean break. This will be the only way you can move on. This guy was with another woman and still talking to you, so that says a lot about his poor moral judgement in relationships. There is someone far better than him that you deserve so stop wasting time and find that person.
How to make ex girlfriend kneel down before me?
She ditched me for another guy after a 2 year relationship, I abused her badly for that and then she ditched that guy too after 5 months. Now she is in relation with my best friend and made my friend to stand against me
Oh my! So now you are not only dealing with the hurt of your break up, you lost your best friend to her as well. He violated the "friend" code and is also letting her persuade him to push you away. Unfortunately you pushed her too far when you punished her for breaking up with you and now she is getting revenge on you by poaching your best friend. Ignore her and try to repair your friendship with your best friend, that is if you want to. Be ready to be there for your best friend when she gets bored and tosses him to the side.
When in a relationship with someone, is it normal and OK to see ex-es?
Just asking; is it also normal to meet with ex and current boy/girlfriend?
That depends on how they ended their relationship. Did they realize they were better as friends? Do they share a child together? Some people remain friends with their ex for a lifetime but their new boyfriend/girlfriend should be okay with that arrangement. It is normal to be concerned about an Ex, however most do not get back into a relationship with someone they broke up with. If they are meeting their Ex alone and not including you, that is a time to be concerned.
Talking to her ex when I was in the relationship?
My ex blocked me on WhatsApp and other contacts for a month +1 and at that time she was talking to her ex!!! When I confronted her in spite of being sorry she made me guilty! Is this okay and after 8-9 months she came back to me from nowhere and wanted to have a relationship with me !!! Should I trust !! Did she had any rebound relationship in those 8 months. I have tried: I went to her today !!! She lives in another state!!! I traveled 8 long hours but she never showed up !! She was neither eager to hear my voice nor to see my face. I think it was caused by: When I confronted her of the act of talking to her ex ! I abused her not directly but indirectly I called her friend and told him about it and she told this to her!
It rarely turns out good when we try to get back together with an ex. They became an ex for a reason and often we can't get over what that reason was for the new relationship to grow. It sounds like you do not trust her. It also sounds like she may be with you yet confused. If this relationship is to work, there will need to be trust and open communication. Ask her outright why she wants to be in a relationship with you again. Then work on how to not be distrusting of her actions. It does not help matters that this is a long distance relationship. You will need to both overcome the past in order to move forward together.
How do go forward with my life without her?
The mother of my kid have left me how do I go ahead without her. I have tried: Tried to ask her to take me back, involved parents, social workers, etc but nothing seem to be working . how do I move forward without her?
You will have to move forward because you are a father. You have done everything you could to try to save the relationship. Unfortunately, we can't make someone love us back no matter how hard we try. She obviously needed to end the relationship and now you need to respect that decision and work towards properly co-parenting your child together.
One thing you should do is consult with a family attorney to get visitation set in place legally. This will protect you for any future squabbles over custody arrangements. It also will help you with set parameters in terms of interaction with her. Your biggest obligation right now is to look after the physical and emotional wellbeing of your child.
Getting over her will take time. Be careful to not jump into another relationship until you are ready to put the mother of your child completely aside in terms of your feelings. Having someone walk away from us is extremely damaging for 6 months to a year. There are no real set time limits though. Here are some VisiHow article that can assist you further:
- Move on After a Bad Break-Up
- Move On From a Broken Relationship
- Move on after a failed marriage
- Get over someone you love
- Survive after a recent broken relationship
- Deal with a painful break up
- Keep Working Together As Parents After a Divorce
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: test14, simmons flora, Grimm