Get Him to Call You
Edited by Donna, Eng, Maria
Why You Need Him to Call Instead of Text
You might wonder why you need a guy to actually dial your number and call you, instead of just text you all of the time. The reasons are:
- A text is less personal than a phone call and can be used by a man to keep you on an emotional leash, while at the same time keep you at arm's length
- A phone call is a more intimate form of communication because you can hear the other person breathing
- There are fewer misunderstandings between couples that exchange phone calls because it is harder to pick up the tone of what someone is saying if you are texting
- He can treat you more casually if you are texted, which implies that you are not that emotionally important to him
- Some men use texts as a leash to keep you holding onto their every word, so they can make plans at the last minute, but if you take the texting away, he has less control over you and must deal with you personally
- If the love affair is secret is easier for you to speak freely on the phone, because you will not have a written record of the conversation
Ways to Get Him to Call You
There are many ways you can get him to call you including the following suggestions.
- 1If he asks you why, tell him you find it to be an immature mode of communication, that is more suited to teenagers or that you are simply too busy to respond to numerous texts all day. You can also point out that telephone conversations are more personal, and that is how you prefer to conduct things.Simply tell him that you are preferred communication is to be called, rather than texted and that you will not be answering texts.Advertisement
- 2Simply message him and say, "Call me instead of this, okay? I have too much to explain to type it all out."If he texts you a lot, you can use this as an opportunity to make one of your texts an appeal for hm to call you.Advertisement
- 3If he asks if you are angry, simply tell him that you require a phone call and not texts. With this mode, you are training him to see texting as being less rewarding emotionally for him than phoning.If he continues to just text you after you request a personal phone call, then you can only send very terse, short replies.
- 4This can interrupt the texting trajectory of a man who is planning to text you all afternoon.Tell him you need to charge your phone because you have been texting with other people as well all day and to call you on your landline.
- 5If he calls and complains, tell him that this is how you save money.Tell him that you are tethering your phone or being charged or monitored by your company when you text, so you require a personal call.
- 6Simply do not respond to any of his texts and only respond with one line, "Call me instead of texting." When he gets the idea that you are not responding to his messages, he will eventually call.
- 7Send him a text in the morning that sounds like a group message that says, "Hello friends, I can only be reached by phone all today and am turning off chat because it is too distracting." This way he thinks that everyone must communicate with him.
- 8If he texts you back instead of picking up his phone to answer your call then you might want to consider dropping him. Men who are into you will pick up that call right away but men who are players will only text you.Consider calling him, instead of asking that he call you.
- 9Flatter him, thank him and be as loving as possible so that he will do it again. You want to make him feel as glad as possible that he picked up the phone to call your number. Never nag him or argue with him on the phone.If he does call you be sure to reward him by making it a really positive experience for him.
- 10This will surprise him because he is probably used to women who want to chat with him for hours. In addition, if you are the one to hang up first, it will sting his ego a bit, and it will make him want to call you again so he can have the last word this time.When he does call, make sure that you are always the one to hang up first.
- 11The phone call that you want must be on your terms, not an attempt to get a date with you because nobody else on his list is available.Do not accept any call from him that feels like it is at the last minute or like he has put you off for a couple of hours.
Tips and Tricks
- Make an agreement with him that you want at least one phone call from him a day and that is a condition of your relationship
- He is more likely to keep calling you if you keep the phone calls to five minutes or less, as part of the reason that many men do not call is because they feel socially awkward and are not used to just chatting
- Make an agreement with him that you will refuse to argue with him using text and that all escalating disagreements must be dealt with by phone
- Sometimes you have to put up with being texted, instead of called, because a call costs more than a text with some cell phone plans, but in this case, you can also suggest he call you from a landline and not make everything about the cell phone
- If he refuses to call you, consider breaking up with him, as he might be texting several women at once and not want you to take control of his life by calling when he is with someone else
- Be aware that in some circles that some men see actually calling you as a commitment, and if they are not ready to be your boyfriend, you will not get that call.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna