Get Emoji on android phones
Edited by Mark Joel Cristobal, Lynn, Maureen D., Rowan
Emoji was derived from the original Japanese word "emodzi," which means pictograph or emoticons in English. Many people now are using this amazing app plug-in, and if you notice that when your friends send you a message that the content is blank or randomly square, it's because they are using an Emoji emoticons, which contains Unicode that is not supported by Android devices, but there is a solution for this problem. This article will show you how you will be able to get Emoji on your Android device.
How to get Emoji on Android
- 1Download a messaging app from Google Play, like the Chomp SMS, GO SMS or any other messaging application that has the same functionality.Advertisement
- 2After you download the application, tap on the application that you downloaded.Advertisement
- 3Then tap the other tabs from the different emoticon tabs.To insert an emoticon inside your SMS composed message, on Chomp SMS or Go SMS, tap the "+" button, or any button that navigates to the emoticons tab.
- 4Tap the "OK" button.When you are trying to switch from one tab to another, a message will probably pop up, prompting you to download the Emoji add-on or Emoji plug-in, which is available from the Google Play.
- 5Tap the download to get the Emoji add-on or plug-in on your Android.Google Play will be automatically opened and it will lead you to the Emoji add-on or plug-in download page.
- 6To check if the Emoji add-on is working, go and tap the messaging app that you downloaded, then tap the "+" button, or any button that navigates to the emoticons tab, and make sure to tap the other emoticon tab, so you will be able to see the Emoji emoticons.
List of Available Emoji
By typing the following keywords, you will be able to get auto suggestions for an Emoji:
The following are the available Emoji on Android phones. Make sure that you have installed the Android Emoji keyboard to be able to make good use of these Emoji.
Disable Stock Messaging Application
Disabling the stock will not only prevent the redundancy of using multiple messaging applications, but it will benefit you by conserving the battery life also. If you don't want to see the notification from your stock SMS messaging app, you can disable it from the settings of your phone. Then the downloaded SMS messaging app will become the primary messaging application. To disable the stock messaging application, follow the steps below.
- 1From the home screen of your Android Phone, tap the menu.Advertisement
- 2From the menu, tap "Settings."
- 3From "Settings," scroll down and then tap "Applications."
- 4From the application folder, swipe or tap to all.
- 5Scroll down, then tap the stock messaging app.
- 6Tap the "Disable" button.App information will be shown on your screen.
- 7Just tap the "OK" button and you are done.A notification will pop up to warn you that if you disable the app it will cause problems, but don't worry about this.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Will other people be able to see emoticons from app?
Yes, they will be able to see the emoticons you send from the app. Smart phones have Unicode 6 system in them, which make them view the emoticons. Emoji are Unicode blocks that contain the image or graphic of the picture they are representing. If a smart phone doesn't support Unicode, the Emoji sent to it, will appear in its original form of an encoded block because it won't be read. On any smartphone like that, an app can easily be installed that will show the Emoji sent to it. The app will read the Unicode blocks, which will make the image of the emoticon appear. Installing the app on a smartphone that doesn't support Unicode will also enable the user to send emoticons as well.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Get Emoji on android phones. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Get_Emoji_on_android_phones
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Get Emoji on android phones." VisiHow, visihow.com/Get_Emoji_on_android_phones Accessed 28 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Get Emoji on android phones." Accessed May 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Get_Emoji_on_android_phones.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Maureen D., Lynn, Mark Joel Cristobal