Free Up Space On your Iphone
Edited by Debbie, Anonymous, Charmed, Eng and 1 other
Do you ever get on your iPhone only to find that you will see a little window pop up that says that you don't have enough storage available, or you cannot download? iPhone has 64G of storage or less. What can you do to have more free space on your phone? Think of all the movies you have downloaded. Are there ones that you no longer watch anymore? How about games you have downloaded? Some games can take up a lot of space. Can you delete some of those? Do you have too many contacts? Maybe you have people on your list that you no longer come in touch with anymore, and can be removed. Pictures or videos that are downloaded that you no longer use can be removed too. You can always transfer your videos and pictures to your computer. Also, your iPhone keeps the history of all the websites that you visited. You can clear those too. What are the steps you can take to have more space on your phone? Here's how to delete unwanted apps
- 1Press And Hold The Icon App.Pick the one you don't want. You will observe that the icon apps appear to be jiggling around.Advertisement
- 2Remove Your App.You will notice a black X up in the corner of your app. Just delete the one you no longer want.Advertisement
- 3Press Delete.You will see a box pop up when you remove an app, asking you if you are sure you want to delete this app. Confirm that you do.
- 4Press The Home Button.After you are finished press this button, the apps will quit jiggling!
Apps the Consume the Most Amount of Space
- 1Camera or Photo Albums.iPhone photos are usually huge in terms of size mainly because iPhones nowadays really shoot sharp photos, which are usually above 7 megapixels. Each photo is about 2.2MB and if you have a lot of them stored on your phone, that would be a lot of space consumed.Advertisement
- 2Videos.If you have an app that downloads videos directly to your phone for offline viewing, that will also consume a lot of space. It is best that you delete the file right after viewing or if you don't need them anymore, so you can upload some more files later on.
- 3iBooks.While each book is not always that huge in terms of file size, users have the tendency to pile a lot of books within their iPhones. Once your book collection becomes huge, you can expect that a lot of space is also utilized by those.
- To check how much space you have on your iPhone, you can go to Settings, than General, and hit Usage.
Symptoms of Small Space on Your iPhone
If you are not very techie and you do not know exactly how to check how much storage space is left on your iPhone, you will more likely just rely on symptoms that will tell you it's about time to free up some space. Here are some of the most common symptoms that you must watch out for:
- 1Your iPhone starts to slow down.If your phone used to be fast and it becomes suddenly slow when opening certain apps, it should tell you that your system is already struggling with the limited space. One of the most common apps that reflect slow system is the camera. In most cases, you just need to click on the button and that should take your photo and you can move on to take the next photo right away. However, if your system starts to slow down, you will notice a lag of about 5 to 10 seconds before you can actually take the next photo. This can be rather disturbing.
- 2Movement of your screen from one app to another seems to be dragged.Moving from one app to another should be as fast as the tap of your finger, especially if you are running on higher versions of the iOS or using updated iPhone models. When there are apparent delays when moving from one app to another, you should really check your remaining storage space.
- 3When running videos, it always stops after a few minutes or so.Most of the time, this kind of behavior is not only because of poor internet connection. It may be because your phone does not have enough space enough to be able to run all the components of the video.
- 4When surfing sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the like, you notice that not all photos and other images are loading completely.Again, this is usually mistaken only for slow internet, but it can also tell you that your phone is not capable anymore of downloading very complicated images because of storage space.
- 5iMessages take a long time before they are fully delivered.You will notice that you have typed in a few lines already yet even one message is not yet sending completely. This is a sign that your computer is struggling already even with non-graphic information on your phone.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Charmed, Anonymous