Format the SD Card in Your Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng, Jigglyjoe and 1 other
Hello, welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we're going to show you how to format the SD card when using the Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 7Formatting this SD card will erase apps, personal files, and anything else that's stored on it. Do you want to continue?" When you select yes, it will wipe all your data. You will want to do this periodically to clean everything up, but make sure you don't do it and lose any of your important data.You will see a prompt saying "Warning:
- 10If you have any questions or suggestions about this video, please leave them in the comment section below. You've been watching VisiHow.This concludes our tutorial on how to format the SD card in a Microsoft Lumia 535.Advertisement
Video: Format the SD card in Your Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Transferring music files to my Nokia?
Hi! I am trying to use my Nokia Lumia 535 as an MP3 player for music. When I drag and drop audio files from my computer into my SD card, the smartphone doesn't seem to be able to access those files when I put the SD card back in my phone. Should I instead connect my phone to the computer and use the Windows app for the phone?
Here are some tips that might help you to resolve the problem.
- Update to Windows 10 mobile with our tutorial.
- If you have recently formatted the microSD card, then put it in the phone; and let the phone create the folders on the microSD card. Check the newly created folders, and use the music one to keep your music files in. Alternatively, create the folder called "songs" and put your songs there.
- Navigate to "Music + videos" > the "Songs" Section. Find a small green "Phone" or "All" word. If it is set to "Phone", tap on it and reset it to "ALL".
- Soft-restart your phone as shown in our tutorial.
- After you have mounted your microSD card, give the phone at least 10 minutes to refresh the library.
- Open Cortana by saying, "Hi, Cortana! Shuffle my music". Repeat the whole procedure two times.
- Use a third-party music player. Core Music Player can play music from any folder.
- Hard-reset your smartphone as shown in this tutorial.
I no longer have the option to press on SD card in storage sense?
My SD card is saying not found
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Format the SD Card in Your Microsoft Lumia 535. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Format_the_SD_Card_in_Your_Microsoft_Lumia_535
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Format the SD Card in Your Microsoft Lumia 535." VisiHow, visihow.com/Format_the_SD_Card_in_Your_Microsoft_Lumia_535 Accessed 26 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Format the SD Card in Your Microsoft Lumia 535." Accessed May 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Format_the_SD_Card_in_Your_Microsoft_Lumia_535.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Jigglyjoe, Eng, Crystal