Format SD Card on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Edited by Train Wreck, VisiHow, Eng
Sooner or later you are going to want to erase data from your microSD card. Maybe it will be because you're upgrading to a larger card, or maybe you have decided it's time to wipe things out and start over. Obviously, you could simply delete files, one or two at a time; however, this is not very efficient. That's especially true of those who have large capacity microSD cards that are full of data. In such cases, the best choice is always to format the microSD card.
The actual process of formatting the microSD card is very simple and very fast. Just keep in mind that formatting your microSD card will permanently erase all photos, music, videos, files, and other images or data. While there are methods to recover some of these items, they don't always work. Therefore, backup any data you do not wish to delete. With that in mind, let's begin the tutorial.
Open the Storage Menu
- 6Proceed to the next section.
Format Your microSD Card
- 2You will be asked if you wish to continue. As this tutorial is on how to format your microSD card in the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, we will now press 'FORMAT SD card'.This will open a new window informing you that data cannot be recovered after the SD card has been cleared.
- If you do not wish to continue you may press the back button or the home button.
- 4You may now press 'OK'.You will see several pop-up messages that require no action from you with the last informing you that the SD card has been inserted.
- Do note that you will see messages while formatting the microSD card that the card is being removed or unmounted and then being mounted again. Simply ignore these messages, as erasing the card also changes its status in the system, requiring the system to automatically remount it.
- 6You have successfully formatted your microSD card, and can return to using your Galaxy Tab S2 as normal.Congratulations!Advertisement
See other tutorials on Galaxy Tab S2: Decrypt SD Card on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Download and Install ES File Explorer on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Insert Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Remove Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Move Apps from Memory Card to System Memory for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Move Apps from System Memory to Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Check if a Samsung Charger or Cable Is Original, Move Images from Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to SD Card, Move Images from SD Card to Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Unmount SD Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Mount SD Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Check Android Storage for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, and Encrypt SD Card on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Train Wreck