Fold and Clean a Cloth Diaper
Edited by Angel Hammer, Eng, Lynn
Cloth diapering can be a great option to consider for both new and experienced parents. Cloth diapering is great for the environment, and it is great for your wallet. Many parents do not realize that every disposable diaper that is used in the United States costs around 25 cents, and that can really add up! For some, the idea of cloth diapering can be daunting, or even down right scary. You can follow the helpful hints below to take the mystery out of the process. So give it a try and you too can watch the cash stacking up, instead of the dirty diapers.
- 1Folding the diaper:Advertisement
- Fold the top corner/point down toward the center of the diaper; it should rest a little above the diaper's center line.
- Fold the left corner diagonally to the top center of the folded top point, so that the top of the diaper is a flat line.
- Lay your baby in the center of the folded diaper.
- Bring the bottom of the folded diaper up through the baby's legs and over the crotch.
- Fold the left and right corners around the baby's hips and overlap them over the folded crotch of the diaper.
- Pin the diaper with baby safe pins at each corner of the folded up bottom flap.
- 2Keep a covered bowl or Tupperware in your bathroom or on the back of your toilet.Cleaning the Diaper:Advertisement
- Scrape the contents of the diaper into the toilet using the spatula.
- Place the diaper into the bucket filled with the bleach water.
- After allowing the diapers to soak for at least three hours, wash according to care instructions in the washing machine. Wash with Dreft baby detergent or another pediatrician recommended, hypo-allergenic detergent.
- Layering two cloth diapers is recommended for better absorption. You can purchase pre-folded cloth diapers as well!
Things You'll Need
- A baby
- A cloth diaper
- Two baby safe pins
- A spatula
- A bowl
- 5-gallon bucket filled with a mixture of one part bleach to three parts water
- Dreft or any other hypo-allergenic detergent
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Fold and Clean a Cloth Diaper. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Fold_and_Clean_a_Cloth_Diaper
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Fold and Clean a Cloth Diaper." VisiHow, visihow.com/Fold_and_Clean_a_Cloth_Diaper Accessed 30 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Fold and Clean a Cloth Diaper." Accessed May 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Fold_and_Clean_a_Cloth_Diaper.
Categories : Baby & Toddler
Recent edits by: Eng, Angel Hammer