Flirt with Him Using Just Your Eyes
Edited by Kathy McGraw, Eng
You're enjoying an evening out with your friends when a very attractive man walks by your table and slides up to the bar. He glances around the room and you briefly catch his gaze for a moment; his eyes smoulder at you and your breath hitches in your chest. He's gorgeous, and he's looking at you. Beside you, your friends are giggling as they nudge you playfully and egg you on. In this article, we explain how you can tell him that you fancy him with just your eyes.
Setting the Stage for Attraction
The man of your dreams, or at least the hottie of the night might be waiting for you at the restaurant or bar you're going out to tonight, so get those eyes ready to do some work before you leave the house.
- 1A scientific study out of the University of Rochester shows that men perceive women as more attractive in red. The participants were shown photographs of women, some of which had plain backgrounds, while others had red backgrounds. The participants consistently rated the women photographed on red backgrounds as more attractive.Wear red.Advertisement
- 2Specifically, wear eyeliner and mascara to bring attention to your eyes; however, make sure that the brand of mascara you use does not clump on your eyelashes. If you do end up with clumpy lashes, use an eyelash comb or a Q-tip to brush them away.Wear eye makeup.Advertisement
- 3Studies show that men find women more attractive in the company of other women, especially attractive ones. Another reason for going out with friends is for safety: you are less likely to be victimized if you are with other people than alone.Go out with a group of friends.
- 4It will do no good for you send smoking-hot glances his way if he can't see them. When you spot your quarry, get into his line of sight. Try to get in front of him, or just off to one side of him. For instance, if he's seated at the bar, you should find a seat a few stools down from him, or if he is sitting at a table, make sure you're seated facing him.Make sure he can see you.
Men find it easier to approach women who give them flirty looks and will, therefore, be more likely to talk to you if you share your interest in them first. It's easy to surmise why: it boosts their confidence that they won't be rejected; no one likes getting shot down, and since guys are still expected to make the first move, it takes some of the pressure off them.
- 1Meet his gaze and hold it three seconds, then look away. Repeat this three times in a ten minute period. He could misinterpret a single glance as your eyes accidentally catching his, but doing it a second, then a third time is a sure way to let him know that you're interested in getting to know him further.Make eye contact with him.Advertisement
- 2Also known as batting or fluttering your eyelashes, this sign of attraction is caused by the increased secretion of fluid in your eyes when you're aroused. It's down to biology and sends a clear signal that you like what you see.Blink a few times while looking at him.
- 3Not only is this a good way to surreptitiously keep an eye on your quarry, but the corner eye-glance is also a way to appear coy and demure while signaling availability. It engages his lizard brain and pushes him to take up the pursuit.Watch him out of the corner of your eye.
- 4Catch his eye and subtly trace the features of his face, letting your gaze return to his eyes. Finally, catch and hold his gaze, then look away. The entire process should take four and a half seconds, give or take a second.Do the four and a half second scan.
Stepping Up Your Game
Is he consistently looking back at you, but still unsure whether or not he should approach you? It's time to let your eye-flirting get more overt. Some guys are dense and need you hit them over the head before they pick up what you're throwing down in front of them.
- 1While he is watching you, lift your chin and tip your head to one side while dropping your lids so that your lashes half-cover your eyes. Allow one corner of your mouth to quirk up in a smirk. If his eyes widen or he smirks back, you've got him.Gaze at him from underneath lowered eyelashes.Advertisement
- 2When we are talking with friends or business associates, our eyes travel in a triangle from one eye to the other, then down to the mouth, and back up to the eyes again. When we are sexually interested in someone, the triangle's point heads further south to include other areas of the body. Let your gaze travel down and linger on his chest and hip areas before sliding back up to his face.Deepen the triangle of your gaze.
- 3Catch your man's eyes, then let your eyes slide slowly away to the side. This is another coy move that engages his lizard brain and encourages him to come after you.Do the slide and settle.
- 4A genuine smile involves more than just the mouth: let your smile crinkle the corners of your eyes and disarm him with your pearly whites and the sparkle in your gaze.Smile at him with your eyes.
Closing the Deal
If he hasn't already walked over to you and started a conversation by now, it's time to bring out the big guns: the moves that let him know, in no uncertain terms, that you are attracted to him.
- 1Women can get away with winks because it's cute when we do it. So, go ahead and wink at him; make it slow and deliberate and pair it with a sassy grin, and perhaps a raised brow.Wink at him.
- 2Make sure he is watching you, then let your gaze trace the lines of his body from head to toe. There is no other way to interpret such a look as anything other than indicating attraction.Do the body scan.
- 3An even more overt form of the above, lock your eyes on his, then slide them slowly down to his hip area then back up, where you'll meet his gaze again.Then tilt your head to the side and back or toss your hair in a sort of "come hither" motion.Give him the once-over.
- 4Like you did earlier, catch his gaze, but instead of looking away after three to five seconds, hold it for seven or eight seconds. Such direct eye-contact indicates either a challenge or frank sexual attraction. If he doesn't get the point by now, then he is either too dense, or not interested.Lock your eyes on his.
Signs He's Attracted to You
Let's be honest: guys can be difficult to read sometimes. If you aren't sure that he's into you, here are some body language signals that he finds you attractive.
- 1Known as the eyebrow flash, this movement is an unconscious gesture of interest that happens even before he realizes he's attracted.His eyebrows go up and down as you two share a look.
- 2When a guy is sexually aroused, his pupils dilate and get very large. He can't control this response, so you know it's genuine.His pupils are blown.
- 3As men get older, they tend to smile less frequently, and when they do, they rarely show their teeth. A wide, toothy grin, especially one that travels to the eyes, indicates real happiness and enjoyment.When he smiles, he shows his teeth.
- 4His nostrils widen as if he is trying to smell something. We're not sure if he's trying to pick up the scent of your pheromones, but it is yet another unconscious signal he is interested.His nostrils flare.
- 5When you look at him, he looks right back at you. He's showing you that he returns you interest.He returns your gaze.
- 6Another physiologic response to sexual attraction is that the mouth produces more saliva, so if he is doing any of the preceding, then you can be sure that he is attracted to you.He licks his lips, opens and closes his mouth, or swallows.
- 7If he comes up to you and reaches over to touch your arm, or brushes at your hair, then he is quite into you, and comfortable enough with you to do so. He wouldn't risk touching a woman otherwise, for fear of being perceived as a creeper.He finds reasons to touch you.
- 8Having his feet pointed toward you indicate his engagement with you and the fact that he is feeling comfortable where he is, and with his present company.His feet point toward you.
- 9Trying to make himself more attractive, he runs a hand over his coiffure. He may also fiddle with his shirt or coat.He fusses with his hair.Advertisement
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Kathy McGraw