Fix networking problem in Korean version of S3
Edited by Karan Khanna, Eng, Lynn, noami and 18 others
Having problems with your Korean version of S3? Feel like it's the end of the world and you have spent hundreds of bucks buying nothing but a phone that doesn't work? Well, what if we tell you that we can help you? What if we tell you that we can fix that network problem that has been chasing you since the minute you bought this phone? Yes! We can help you in fixing the network problem. Just take a deep breath, relax, and continue reading.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Questions and Answers
- 2.1 How to fix Korean S3 network problem?
- 2.2 How can I switch my Samsung Galaxy S3 E210L from G to 3G?
- 2.3 Can not access the internet even with the correct APN settings?
- 2.4 What might be the problem. I can't access my internet in Ghana?
- 2.5 I have a Samsung on 7 which is copy version of Samsung from Korean?
- 2.6 My shv-e160L doesn't have constant signal?
- 2.7 Internet connectivity .how do I get my Samsung Galaxy S3 e210l to work using mobile internet connection?
- 2.8 SHV-e210k, network dose not work, why?
- 2.9 My Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, 3G signal week?
- 2.10 My Korean S3 is totally dead cannot switch ON?
- 2.11 Samsung E210 Korea, when I put the SIM, limited service notification network registration in progress try again in moment?
- 2.12 Hello sir, I have S3 lte shv-e210l Korean, I lost my IMEI number and custom binary count 5. How can I repair the IMEI number, and custom binary 0. Please help me.
- 2.13 My SG3 phone is not working properly in GSM network?
- 2.14 E210l apn not turned on please help me?
- 2.15 When SIM card is inserted WiFi goes down on shv-160k?
- 2.16 Net not support in Pakistan? I need screenshot to fix it please?
- 2.17 I want to know my credit balance, I pressed keys *118# then, I found "undefined additional service" on phone in Korean version, how can I solve this problem?
- 2.18 How to restore IMEI 000000000000000?
- 2.19 WiFi reset for SHV-E250L and I upgraded to GT- N7100?
- 3 Referencing this Article
- 4 Comments
- 1Well, here is the catch. There is no "apply one solution to all problems". Just like the root of the problem itself is unknown, similarly, the solution is also not a fixed one. For some users, one solution would work, and for others, something else would work. Therefore, we have listed almost all the possible solutions here. Try each and see what works out for you.How to fix the networking problem?Advertisement
- 2The most common reason for your problem is that there is something wrong with the SIM card and not with the reception of your Korean Samsung S3. Make sure that your SIM is clean. Use it in some other phone to see if it's working fine on that phone or not. Clean your SIM Card slot as well.Check your SIM Card.Advertisement
- 3There is a possibility that maybe there is something wrong with your location or maybe the network is down. This possibility is very rare; however, if you suddenly feel like your signals have dropped overnight, then there is a huge possibility that there is nothing wrong with your phone set, it's the network that is down.Make sure your location is receiving signals.
- 4This can be your last resort. If this doesn't work out, then maybe you would have to contact the company. However, before you decide to go for a Factory Reset, make sure you have saved all your data somewhere because Factory Reset erases all the data from the phone's memory. Perform a backup on your data by using Samsung Kies Download this application and install it on your PC or Laptop, whatever is easiest for you. Now, connect your device to your system. Open Samsung Kies and click on the "Backup/Restore" tab. This will allow you to select all the data that you need to save for future purposes. Save all the data and then apply a Factory Reset on your phone:Do a Factory Reset.
- Go to "Settings".
- Select "Back up and Reset".
- Choose "Factory Data Reset".
- Choose "Reset Device".
- Now, choose "Delete All".
Now that you're done with the Factory Reset, your phone will be in its original settings - the ones it had when you first bought it. The last thing to do is to restore all the data that you had on your cellphone. For this, you can again take help from the application you just installed on your system, Samsung Kies. Connect your Samsung S3 to your system and open Samsung Kies. Choose the "Backup/Restore" tab and then click on "Restore". All of your data will be restored on your cellphone. Now, see if your network settings are working or not. If all has gone well and there is no serious problem, then your network settings should be working just fine. Best of luck!
Questions and Answers
How to fix Korean S3 network problem?
My phone version is 4.3 and model is SHV-E210L help me
With your SHV-E210L model of the Korean S3 running Android 4.3, you should be able to follow the instructions from the article above to fix your networking problem. If a step does not work, please add those details into the comments below.
See more questions like this: Hi! The 3G network is not showing. Do you know the problem?
How can I switch my Samsung Galaxy S3 E210L from G to 3G?
When I turn data network on, the first 2 to 3 minutes it runs 3G then automatically converts it to G. After that I charge my phone to 100% then restart it then it will again run 3g for couple of minutes. Kindly give me a permanent solution for my problem or give me a secret code from where I can manually change my HSDPA, CDMA, etc settings.
Back up your phone and perform a factory reset. This glitch happened after Samsung sent out the 4.3 update. Changing your settings will not resolve the situation because of this update. If you do not want to factory reset your device, Data Connection Fix is an app in Google Play that you can use but it is not a permanent solution.
See more questions like this: I got a Samsung S3 lte Korean version, there is a strange icon on the notification and 3G isn't working. Only 2G
See more questions like this: Unknown Baseband on my Samsung SHV-E210L 4.4.4
Can not access the internet even with the correct APN settings?
APN is not working even if you set the service providers with the correct APN settings. Please kindly help. Switching between SIM cards is a problem
- 1A small space between two characters can cause it to not work.Make sure you are putting in the APN settings exactly as they are written.Advertisement
- 2Go back into the first APN settings menu and tap on the new APN section to make it active. Reboot your phone. This is what you will need to do each time you swap SIM cards. Usually after you save the first time, you just have to tap the APN to make it active and reboot when you swap out the SIM again.Input the APN values and then select the three dots in the menu to Save.
See more questions like this: I'm using a Korean Samsung Galaxy S3 in Sri Lanka and I can't browse the internet. How can I fix this issue
What might be the problem. I can't access my internet in Ghana?
My network service provider has done all settings on my Korean Samsung S3, but I can't still access my internet. I am in Ghana at the moment. Please help assist resolve the problem. Thanks
If you purchased the phone in the US or some other country, it is possible that your SIM is not a global one to connect all over the world. Countries use different waves like the difference between GSM and CDMA. Some people have had success connecting when the phone is set to airplane mode though.
I have a Samsung on 7 which is copy version of Samsung from Korean?
I have full network but after resetting my phone it shows emergency call only.
Configure the APN settings for your phone. When you hard reset, you must have wiped out all of the correct settings. Take your phone to your phone carrier's store location and request that they put the APN settings in again for you.
My shv-e160L doesn't have constant signal?
Hi sir, my phone has a poor signal whenever I'm inside the house the mobile signal disappears but when I'm outside the house even though it has a full bar of signal I can't even get a call or text...what might be the problem.? When I'm using another phone the SIM card is functioning well..
There can be several reasons to that. The least possible is your phone having a faulty antenna. It also can be your carrier's network coverage. SHV-E160L supports 2G, 3G, and LTE. While your other phone may support only 2G and 3G. SHV might be trying to connect to the LTE network, which may have a weaker coverage over your area. However, this is strange that it shows you the full bar.
The older phone may connect over 2G. Check that by looking at the icon at the top. "EDGE", "2G", or just arrows in a house at the top may mean that the coverage is good only for 2G or EDGE networks.
iPhone 5c had a similar problem on networks having a very small LTE coverage and a bad 3G coverage. The phone kept trying to connect at LTE, get no response even when calling, switch to 3G, get poor signal, and barely function. There were tricks that forced a 2G connection to make the phone functional.
If this is your case, Try disabling LTE or 3G on your SHV-E160L. You will have to use its secret menu.
- 1Tap on the Phone icon.
- 2Dial 319712358.
- 3Enter 0821 as password.
- 4Tap on "Network setting".
- 5Tap on "Network mode".
Then, try selecting options one by one to find the one that works for you.
Internet connectivity .how do I get my Samsung Galaxy S3 e210l to work using mobile internet connection?
My e210l cannot connect to mobile data yet all the access points are properly installed
First, make sure that you have Mobile data enabled in your Network settings. If this is not disabled then follow the steps in this VisiHow article on this page. Sometimes, a full factory reset gets your phone connecting again but use this as a last resort.
See more questions like this: I have S3 e210l no data connection
SHV-e210k, network dose not work, why?
Shv-e210k, when I updated to custom ROM 5.1.1, it does not work with any SIM card (region in Bangladesh).
Many users of this device noticed that when they updated to the Lollipop, their SIM card was not recognized. You can try to manually push your SIM card settings in again but most user's reverted back to the 4.3.
My Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, 3G signal week?
Samsung Galaxy SHV-E210L model, phone is not receiving 3G signal. Please help me set up the signal setting
You need to contact your carrier to get the APN codes for your device. If you are in a location that does not overlap the 3G signal then your phone will not pick up enough to make it connect to the 3G. You can install a Custom ROM for a repair patch. Specifically, the ROM posted is the one you want to use.
See more questions like this: SIM management issues, can't get network access on my phone?
My Korean S3 is totally dead cannot switch ON?
Before damage It felt hot from the bottom of my S3 and suddenly shutdown and I cannot open it anymore, any ideas please
Your battery is fried most likely. Pull the back off the phone and see if your battery looks distorted or even slightly melted/bulging. If you have a spare battery, pop it in and see if it works then or take it to a repair shop where they usually have a battery to access.
Samsung E210 Korea, when I put the SIM, limited service notification network registration in progress try again in moment?
Samsung E210 Korea, when I put the SIM, limited service notification network registration in progress try again in moment? how to unlock?
Reboot the phone. This usually makes the phone update with the new SIM.You may have to go in and manually set up the APN settings for the device because you swapped the SIM.
Hello sir, I have S3 lte shv-e210l Korean, I lost my IMEI number and custom binary count 5. How can I repair the IMEI number, and custom binary 0. Please help me.
Hello sir, I have S3 lte shv-e210l Korean, I lost my IMEI number and custom binary count 5. How can I repair the IMEI number, and custom binary 0. Please help me.
This Youtube Tuturial explains how to restore your IMEI and binary count. Follow his steps using TouchWiz to restore your phone again.
See more questions like this: Hello, sir I have an issue with my phone S3 Korean shv-E210s?
My SG3 phone is not working properly in GSM network?
Please explain how to connect SG3 phone in GSM network and work properly
Open the back of the phone and press gently on the SIM card. Reboot your phone and see if it connects. If there is no success then go to Settings>Wireless Network>More Settings>Mobile Network> Network Mode and change it to the auto connect function.
E210l apn not turned on please help me?
E210 apn not turning on, I flashed it but still there is a problem
You flashed from another region's Stock ROM. You will need to contact your carrier and get the correct APN settings. Before you flash your phone, always back up the APN settings to avoid this. Your carrier will be able to give you the correct APN codes.
When SIM card is inserted WiFi goes down on shv-160k?
So I noticed that when I insert my SIM card on my shv-160K the WiFi totally goes out. I factory reset with SIM card inserted, didn't work. But, when I factory reset without SIM, WiFi works. Then I turn off the phone and insert my SIM card, the WiFi goes down again. Please help!. I have tried: Everything. I think it was caused by: Can't update phone too. could this be the problem?
- 1Go to Settings.
- 2Select WIRELESS AND NETWORKS section, and choose WiFi.
- 3Select Advanced.
- 4Change Keep WiFi On to Always.
- 5Disable the Auto Connect option in Network Settings.
- 6If this does not work then go to your Phone app.
- 7Dial the code (*#0011#).
- 8Press Menu.
- 9Choose WiFi.
- 10Turn off WiFi Saving.
- 11Reboot your phone.Advertisement
Net not support in Pakistan? I need screenshot to fix it please?
How can I convert Korea global roaming setting to Pakistan. I have tried: I tried a lot but it did not work. I think it was caused by: Global roaming is set in Korea, I need it in Pakistan
Did you turn off the Auto Connect function in network settings? Pakistan has a different GSM than Pakistan so if your SIM card is the initial one from Korea then your phone will not work. Zong in Pakistan lists their APN settings to configure for Pakistan.
I want to know my credit balance, I pressed keys *118# then, I found "undefined additional service" on phone in Korean version, how can I solve this problem?
I want to know my credit balance, I pressed keys *118# then,I found "undefined additional service" on phone in Korean version, how can I solve this problem.
To know the USSD code for the balance, you will need to contact your carrier, as the code differs from one carrier to another. If you are not sure who your current carrier, you can take the SIM card out and look at it for any identification. Then, locate the carrier online to contact it. Your can also have some applications or menu options activated by your SIM card where you can check the balance.
Try the code (*#10#). Press Call and you should receive your phone balance.
See more questions like this: USSD code running, and then shows a message Undefined additional service. Contact customer center?
See more questions like this: My Korean Samsung Galaxy S4 is saying 'undefined additional service? what do I do I am in Zimbabwe?
See more questions like this: Korean Galaxy S3 4.4.4 network problems?
How to restore IMEI 000000000000000?
How to restore IMEI no. of my Galaxy S3 lte shv-e210l Korean. Please help me sir
There is a YouTube Tutorial in an above answer that shows you how to restore your IMEI using TouchWiz.
WiFi reset for SHV-E250L and I upgraded to GT- N7100?
WiFi reset for SHV-E250L and I upgraded to GT- N7100, in both versions I am unable to use WiFi, now I am in Qatar using Vodafone SIM.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Fix networking problem in Korean version of S3. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Fix_networking_problem_in_Korean_version_of_S3
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Fix networking problem in Korean version of S3." VisiHow, visihow.com/Fix_networking_problem_in_Korean_version_of_S3 Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Fix networking problem in Korean version of S3." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Fix_networking_problem_in_Korean_version_of_S3.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: jacky, VisiHow, siyabulela15