Fix iMessage on iPhone 6 When Nothing Else Works
Edited by Grimm, Alexander Avdeev, Eng, Richard 1211
You're watching VisiHow! In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to fix iMessage on the iPhone 6 when nothing else works.
- 4Some people are unable to register iMessage no matter what they do. iMessage sometimes simply unregisters itself or turns off. This is the problem, and typically it's a problem that happens to people outside of the United States. In this tutorial, we are going to show how to fix that. Let's get started.Before we begin this tutorial, we are going to give a little bit of background on this specific problem to make sure that this is the problem that we are having.
- 9It may look like as if it was never turned on or registered, but in fact it was turned on and used earlier. What is happening that there is a breakdown in communications between the phone, provider, and Apple. This results in a small charge to the cell phone balance each time iMessage wants to confirm that it's allowed to continue to operate. In the event our phone is off or out of service, or otherwise unable to connect to the network, iMessage turns itself off. While this is inconvenient, as the general rule of thumb simply turning iMessage back on works with one exception. We need to have balance on our phone. So, whatever our phone carrier is, we are going to need to check the balance.In this example, the "iMessage" has turned itself off.
- 13This should tell us the balance. There should be no charge for checking our balance on the phone by carrier. In this example, there are 4.32 lari. 5 were put on the phone approximately one week before in addition to the regular packages. What this means is that iMessage has cost me 0.68 lari. That is about 25 cents, more or less.We tap the call icon.
- 20There will be the email address and the phone number. In this video, all new conversations are intentionally started from the phone number. The reason for this is that that ensures that the message does not go through iMessage, and the message is sent as a regular text message. Having the phone number as a default message allows that to happen. Also, we may send a message to people who do not have iMessage. They may immediately respond to me even though iMessage may be delivered to them differently.We tap "Send & Receive*.
- 22If we would like to change any other settings, such as "Show Subject Field", "Character Count", "Blocked" (blocked people), "Keep Messages", "Filter Unknown Senders", "Expire", "Raise to Listen", etc., we can go through that and discuss it in other VisiHow tutorials.Advertisement
Video: Fix iMessage on iPhone 6 When Nothing Else Works
Questions and Answers
I tried dialing *111*# it can't be completed as dialed?
I tried using the star 111star and number icon. Can't be completed as dialed. I have tried: The number. I think it was caused by: That number don't work for me
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Fix iMessage on iPhone 6 When Nothing Else Works. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Fix_iMessage_on_iPhone_6_When_Nothing_Else_Works
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Fix iMessage on iPhone 6 When Nothing Else Works." VisiHow, visihow.com/Fix_iMessage_on_iPhone_6_When_Nothing_Else_Works Accessed 23 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Fix iMessage on iPhone 6 When Nothing Else Works." Accessed Apr 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Fix_iMessage_on_iPhone_6_When_Nothing_Else_Works.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Alexander Avdeev, Grimm