Find the best Flat Screen TV
Edited by angeline zuhura, Lynn, Eng, Graeme
It is not an easy decision to make, when you are going to buy a smart TV or Flat screen TV. So many factors than you need to check, and so many features vary from one model and type to another. As you must know, it is not always the highest priced device is the best for you, Nor does the largest screen is the best too. Understanding the varies features may help you make the right decision.
Flat TV types
I will list those sorted by the date of intervention:
- 1Plasma TV.As indicated by its name, it utilizes plasma cells; those cells are known as pixels. each one of those has RGB lights (Red, Green, and Blue), the plasma is plain term is a gas, electrically induced. Most desired for their large sizes, they start from 40" and higher.Advertisement
- 2LCD TV.In terms it is Liquid Crystal Display. It depends on the fact, that fluorescent light emitted can be polarized and the liquid crystals transmit that polarized light, applying electrical current to those crystals will change the structure of those crystals. Most desired for their affordable prices.Advertisement
- 3LED TV.Well not very long, developers substituted the fluorescent light with lots of LEDs (Light Emitting Diode). Better than LCD in Contrast Ratio, yet more expensive.
As we go from top to bottom in the above list, the power consumption will be reduced.
Factors that might influence your selection
- 1Money investment.Plasma are the most expensive, LED is less, LCD is the most affordable.Advertisement
- 2Size.For large sizes (larger that 40"), Plasma is your choice, for it will be more affordable than LED TV with the same size.
- 3Gaming.LCD is your choice, for they provide the brightest colors, which will make your gaming time a very pleasant time.
- 4Watching Sports and fast speed action movies.Plasma is your choice, for they deliver a fast refresh rate. It's big screen makes watching Sport Games with friends and family a golden time. Also they provide a wider viewing angle.
HD vs Full HD term
It is all about resolution, the higher the pixels are in the same size, the higher and better is the resolution.
- 1HD.It is 1366 x 768 which is equal to ~ 1 mil pixels.Advertisement
- 2Full HD.It is 1920 x 1080 which is equal to ~2 mil pixels.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Look for those devices with HDMI ports. Most modern devices now use that connection ports. Like your Modern Laptop. you can screen your Laptop to your TV for larger display, handy in presentations.
- Also look for USB ports, you can connect external dongles like flash-pen, Laptop, and Digital Camera.
- Other features like the appearance, and outside design, colors are all personal taste that can also influence your choice.
- Your room, where the TV will be placed also is a factor to consider, especially size wise. A very large screen in a small room is neither pleasant nor comfortable to watch. Experts say the distance between the viewer and the TV should be at least twice the size of the TV.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Hardware
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, angeline zuhura