Find the Top Ten Best Firefox Add-Ons
Edited by estrella sacragon, Lynn, Eng, JMA and 1 other
Always using Firefox? Why don't you get the best Firefox add ons to boost your online experience?
One of the main reasons why internet users switch from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox is because they simply want to improve their browser security. However, with the birth of Google Chrome, Firefox has become a forgotten browser recently. Still, Firefox holds about 30 percent of the entire browser market, second only to Internet Explorer.
While Google Chrome is becoming more popular because of its excellent extensions, Mozilla Firefox holds the throne in the plug-in department. So here are 10 of the best Mozilla Firefox Add-ons that will help you improve your browsing experience.
How to Find the Best Firefox Add Ons
- 1Any user who makes use of multiple computers can fully appreciate this type of add on because you will only keep one set of bookmarks in all your PCs. You can simply install the Xmarks in your Firefox where all your present bookmarks roster are recorded, along with saved passwords.Xmarks Bookmark and Password Sync.Advertisement
- 2This is quite similar to the McAfee Site Advisor. This add on works with all major search engines and its safety rankings are brought about from positive WOT user feedback. This is probably one of the most well-liked Firefox add-on, thus ensuring you of its accuracy and timely safety ratings.Web of Trust Safe Browsing Tool.Advertisement
- 3This is quite an old type of add-on. Google Gears is a Firefox add-on that is not only a Firefox add-on. You can actually use this with any type of browser where you can store all your Google Web app data to your hard drive.Google Gears.
- 4Compulsive down loaders must consider this Firefox add-on. This is a highly-customizable download manager that allows the user to pause, accelerate, resume or automate Web downloads.DownThemAll.
- 5Everyone knows that blocking ads can kill your favorite websites. However, people somehow had their fill of auto playing video ads or scroll-preventing takeover pages that never load at all simply because the ad server stalls. With this add-on, your webpages are recoded to keep away from all those annoying and unnecessary advertisements.Adblock Plus.
- 6When you bookmark your web pages, don't just stop from there. Save them all with the Session Manager. All tabs that you save with this add on can be easily reloaded exactly as it was the last time you saved it - your credentials logged in, your form filed filled out, and your preferences entered.Sessions Manager.
- 7This is the Swiss Army Knife of a virtual researcher. Here, you can save on-page videos direct to your hard drive even if a download link cannot be found.Fastest Fox.
- 8As its name implies, the Copy Plain Text add on gives you the choice of copying texts from web pages without taking the style with it. This is a very handy tool, especially for quoting source materials.Copy Plain Text.
- 9This Mozilla add-on can create a new Firefox tab that somehow simulated all the basic functionality of the Internet Explorer, but this time without requiring a second browser.IE Tab.
- 10This can help you automatically import all your Google Reader feeds, Live Bookmarks, or even Twitter followers. The data is created in a clean and eye-catching magazine interface that users can immediately read.Feedly.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Find the Top Ten Best Firefox Add-Ons. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Find_the_Top_Ten_Best_Firefox_Add-Ons
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Find the Top Ten Best Firefox Add-Ons." VisiHow, visihow.com/Find_the_Top_Ten_Best_Firefox_Add-Ons Accessed 27 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Find the Top Ten Best Firefox Add-Ons." Accessed Apr 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Find_the_Top_Ten_Best_Firefox_Add-Ons.
Categories : Application
Recent edits by: JMA, Eng, Lynn