Find the Best Place to Vacation in the Philippines
Edited by Robbi, Christine Cruz, estrella sacragon, Eng and 2 others
The history of the Philippines shows the influence of various nations, especially those which colonized the country. Traces of Spanish and American influence are very evident in the overall lifestyle of the Filipinos.
- 1 Luzon: Manila Major Areas of Interest
- 2 Regions
- 3 Tour the Amazing Puerto Princesa Underground River
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
Luzon: Manila Major Areas of Interest
The Philippines, being an archipelago of more than 7100 islands, is best understood in terms of divisions and regions. Only when you have an overview of these areas does it become easier to navigate the country, because you get a better sense of direction. There are areas which you can group together in each of your vacations in the Philippines, as they are just near each other. There are various modes of transport that allow you to transfer from one city to another.
Luzon is the largest island compared to Visayas and Mindanao. It is the northern part of the Philippine archipelago. It is divided in regions as follows:
- 1Makati City.This is considered the biggest business district in Manila. Most of the head offices of huge companies are located here. Also, major 5-star hotels stand side by side in this area. The commercial complex here, called Ayala Center, boasts of thousands of shops and restaurants, from low end to luxury. You would be able to find anything that you might need here in terms of metropolitan living.Advertisement
- Ilocos (Region I)
- 2Taguig City.The highlight of this city is a relatively new commercial complex established within the past 10 years only, called Bonifacio Global City. The overall layout of this place looks very Western and you would see a lot of high-end high-rise condominiums, shopping malls, and some really fancy restaurants.Advertisement
- Ilocos Norte
- 3Pasay City.The 3 international airports in Manila are all located in Pasay City. Aside from this, you would also see the Mall of Asia, which is said to be one of the biggest malls in Asia. In addition, the Resorts World complex is also just across the Terminal 3 of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport. This is a recently opened entertainment complex including casinos, theaters, restaurants, hotels, and the like.
- Ilocos Sur
- 4Pasig City.This is another city that is home to another business district in Manila, called Ortigas Center. Aside from this, you would see yet another huge shopping mall, called SM Megamall, which is among the chains of SM malls by the magnate Henry Sy.
- La Union
- 5Mandaluyong City.This holds part of the commercial complex within Ortigas Center. SM Megamall is in fact formally sitting within Mandaluyong City because it is at the border between Pasig City and Mandaluyong.
- 6Quezon City.This is the most populous city in Manila. While the area is predominantly residential, you'd still be able to find here two major commercial complexes. One is Araneta Center, which is home to the famous Smart Araneta Coliseum where most major shows and other performances are held. The Araneta Center is also home to Ali Mall, which is one of the first few modern shopping malls in the Philippines some decades ago. This mall is also named after the famous boxer, Muhammad Ali. The other commercial complex in Quezon City is called Eastwood, which has become like a mini business district and shopping area. This area is dense in terms of the number of condominiums as well, which is becoming the lifestyle in the Philippines.
- Cagayan Valley (Region II)
- 7Manila.At downtown Manila, you will see various heritage sites, including a park dedicated to a national hero as well as several other areas where you see various traces of history. Manila is a very old city, and you see much of it is well-preserved. That makes it an ever more exciting city to explore.
- Nueva Vizcaya
- 8Central Luzon (Region III)
- Nueva Ecija
- 9CALABARZON (Region IV-A)
- 10MIMAROPA (Region IV-B)
- Occidental Mindoro
- Oriental Mindoro
- 11Bicol (Region V)
- Camarines Norte
- Camarines Sur
- 12Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)
- Mountain Province
- 13National Capital Region (NCR)
Visayas, on the other hand, is towards the northeast side of Sulu Sea. Majority of its residents are called Visayans. Its regions are as follows:
- 1Western Visayas (Region VI)
- Negros Occidental
- 2Central Visayas (Region VII)
- Negros Oriental
- 3Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)
- Southern Leyte
- Eastern Samar
- Northern Samar
Mindanao is next to Luzon in terms of size. It is at the southernmost part of the Philippines. Its regions are as follows:
- 1Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)
- Zamboanga City
- Zamboanga Del Norte
- Zamboanga Del Sur
- Zamboanga Sibugay
- 2Northern Mindanao (Region X)
- Lanao Del Norte (Iligan)
- Misamis Occidental
- Misamis Oriental (Cagayan de Oro)
- 3Davao (Region XI)
- Compostela Valley
- Davao Del Norte
- Davao Oriental
- Davao Del Sur (Davao City)
- Davao Occidental
- 4SOCCSKSARGEN (Region XII)
- South Cotabato (General Santos City)
- Cotabato City / Maguindanao
- Sultan Kudarat
- Saranggani Province
- 5Caraga (Region XIII)
- Agusan Del Norte
- Agusan Del Sur
- Surigao Del Norte
- Surigao Del Sur
- 6Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao (ARMM Region)
- Basilan (excluding Isabela)
- Lanao Del Sur
- Maguindanao (excluding Cotabato)
Tour the Amazing Puerto Princesa Underground River
Puerto Princesa, an island in Palawan, Philippines is rich in natural resources. People who are still searching for the best place where they could spend the holidays should go to this wonderful place. The spectacular underground river in Puerto Princesa will surely capture your attention. This list of the new 7 wonders of the world includes Puerto Princesa. Traveling in Puerto Princesa will surely give the traveler a breathtaking and unforgettable experience. Foreign and local tourists love to travel to this island to view numerous well-shaped stalactites and stalagmites.
Amazing Stalactites and Stalagmites
The stalactite and stalagmite formations which are noticeable when one visits Palawan is truly one of a kind. Individuals who wish to join the trip to Palawan should be ready with cameras or video. This way, they could capture the stunning beauty that can only be found in this area. Tours in Palawan are oftentimes fully booked. This is due to the large number of people that regularly visits the area. Try to avail of an early reservation and join these quality tours and visit one of the country's treasures.
Perfect Family Getaway
Family members who want to have a perfect get away from the usual stressful city life could take a group travel plan to Puerto Princesa. People should take time to experience the fun and entertainment and at the same time view the scenic spots in this place. Plan everything before embarking on a Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour.
The journey is unquestionably one of the best. This is especially true if the traveler has availed of a quality and least expensive travel package for the entire group. Aside from the underground river, there are various attractions that the tourist can view in Puerto Princesa, Palawan like the following:
- 1Ugong RockAdvertisement
- 2Immaculate Conception Cathedral
- 3Babuyan River
- 4Tubbataha Reef
- 5Mitra Farm
- 6Honda Bay
- 8City BaywalkAdvertisement
The right Philippine tours company can take provide the best tour itineraries and take the tourist to various attractive places in Palawan, but it is always a must for the traveler to take part in the Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour. Everyone who traveled to Palawan always come up with their unique story about the superb experience that they have encountered. The best travel package will help the tourist come up with the right budget. In addition to this, there will be more room for travel savings.
Tourists want to take part in the Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour so it is a must for people to book for an early reservation. The boatmen who will be with the group during the tour have been providing quality services to both locals and foreigners. There is nothing to worry about during the Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour because an experienced tour guide will be with the traveler every step of the way. If there are some questions, especially when it comes to certain facts about the place, the guide will provide satisfactory answers.
Get in touch with the right Philippine tour company today and join the most significant tour of the grandest underground river!
Questions and Answers
What can I learn and see at the Salakot Mountain Camarines Norte treasure site?
Before the war started, Admiral Yamashita of Japan and Adolf Hitler of Germany met in America to discuss their plans for the war and for the sharing of wealth. While Yamashita was studying in the West, Emperor Hirohito gave his all-out support for wars. After conquering countries like Korea and China, Yamashita acquired many of the paid staff, refugees, and common criminals.
Now, Yamashita and his crew looted every place they attacked, and brought them on board their ships to bring to Japan. However, by taking the carriers of the Allied Powers into the ocean of Midway in 1944, the plan of five ships taking the treasure to Japan was postponed. So Yamashita had no other recourse, but to look for a place to hide the treasures. Being close to the Pacific, Yamashita set sail for Bicol and landed in Caringo in Camarines Norte. There they took to the mountains to hide the box of treasure. They chose the wealthy area of the site. They took three months to hide all the treasures. As they made their way back, Yamashita and his crew left signs so they could easily locate them.
At present, the signs and codes made by the Japanese during that time can be seen in the island of Caringo. As Yamashita continued his studies, his foster children grew, but they did not know the name of the mountain where the treasure map was buried and decided to draw the shape of the mountain. In 1985, Mrs. Ong, one of Yamashita's children, married a Singaporean. She stayed at one of the major hotels in Daet and searched Salakot mountain for the buried treasure of Yamashita.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Travel & Leisure
Recent edits by: Melvin Magadia, Eng, estrella sacragon